Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mystery of the missing queen  (Read 1547 times)

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
Mystery of the missing queen
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:47:54 am »

I had this queen show up quite early, I had a lot of gold and had donated 30k worth, built roads and other expensive stuff but I only have a count, no other nobility.

So later on I was poking about in my catacombs when I noticed somebody was buried in the queens gold sarcophagus, Mosus Likotekur, Suturer. So I figure the queen isn't going to be too happy about this, hit n to check if she needs a new tomb and she's gone!

Made a copy of the folder, went into events and it says in the later winter of 197 the dwarf Mosus Inkmighty ceased to be queen. Look back in the other folder and found Mosus L was fighting in the late winter of 197 but the report is missing. Mosus L is listed as deceased in my 'u' list, no sign of queen Mosus I in the living or the dead.

Guess I may have accentually put her in the military or she might have been hauling something from the caverns when the FB fight was happening. Didn't think queens laboured?

So will I get a new monarch? I heard when you go to the 'n' screen you can hit 'c' to find out how far off you are from getting one but I don't see anything like that. Will I get any more nobility or anything? in the 'c' screen it says some animal dissector is the head of the dwarves  :(

When your queen dies does she revert back to her default profession? Change her name? It's weird. 

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery of the missing queen
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:59:49 am »

Yeah i'm pretty sure they revert, like when a champion dies he reverts to peasant.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 10:06:26 am »

Likotekur means Inkmighty in dwarven, that's just the translation of her name. Your queen is dead and inheritance is broken so no new queen for you.
As already mentioned, entity positions are stripped after death, so dead nobles are known by their professions instead.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:11:54 am »

Noooo! Damn it, it was going so well. Next time I'll know warren my queen or something, at least remove her labours.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 11:32:03 am »

Yup, some nobles will still do useful work around the fort.  I had a Duchess at one point who was a Legendary Weaponsmith and regularly made masterwork arms for my military.  (And incidentally she also continuously mandated short swords, which she would wind up making herself.)  She also hauled and dragged wounded to the hospital.  It probably has something to do with their personality, whether they "like to help people" versus if they are listed as selfish or lazy. 

All in all she was a good Duchess.  It's too bad that was the fort that fell to the zombie spiral.  Evil biome + goblin siege + poorly-designed defensive system = too much !!Fun!! to recover from.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:45:22 am »

I just hope I can get the rest of my nobility at some point. Until then I'll have to think of myself as a dwarf republic. Some kid has helped himself to the queens quarters too, never know, might grow up to greatness!

TFBeyond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 01:53:37 pm »

Sounds like it could be entertaining once inheritance is fixed...

"The peasant is dead! Long live the king!"

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 04:14:29 pm »

I am pretty sure missing nobility isn't a mystery, but rather a miracle.

Rejoice! Rejoice! Praise be to Urist on high!

Urist has Risen! Rejoice! Rejoi..... Oh Circus, Urist is eating mah leg's...... kill him.... kill him with MAGMA!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:16:11 pm by FalseDead »
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."