Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Minimum clothing?  (Read 5327 times)

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
Re: Minimum clothing?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »

She was more than justified.

Bloody hell, can you even begin to imagine the chafing? I think I speak for all of us when I say that we'd do the same thing in her High Boots.
Yup, especially chainmail on bare skin = lots of pinchy ouchies .

Finally, there's a reason to buy all that previously useless rope reed cloth the treehuggers keep bringing....
I wonder how much farming and shearing it would take to keep a 100-dorf fort clothed without importing cloth? Also, is one clothier's shop enough to keep the industry going?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 09:50:39 pm »

Shirts most certainly can be leather.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 09:52:27 pm »

Remember, leather leggings are armor ... leather trousers are clothing.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 10:30:16 pm »

As long as it's clothing, probably.  Armor is armor and armor is not clothing.  Leather armor won't count for a shirt.  I haven't tested this, but I can guarantee you that it's true.  If you make a leather shirt, a dwarf will claim and wear it.  Can shirts be leather?

Never mind the shirts, which incidentally can be leather. It's the dwarves in leather thongs and socks you should be worried about.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.
Pages: 1 [2]