Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is it posssible to ignore entire forum sections?  (Read 2853 times)

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Is it posssible to ignore entire forum sections?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 12:59:35 pm »

I was going to test the edit button theory by checking it, but then I realized I didn't actually know where watched threads show up since I never use that.  It does seem to work though, so just go back to a post in the thread you want to unwatch, then uncheck the button.  You could also probably make a new post and uncheck that.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 01:02:11 pm »

That thing is entirely unnecessary anyway. If you want to see if there are new posts, you can just as well just look for the "new" thing in the subforum itself.
I think it's more a matter of time than necessity. Going through multiple forums and looking for a small "new" button is slower than opening the new posts section. There's also the possibility to miss something.
Clicky the icon beside the forum section name, it'll show you all new posts in that specific subforum since you last checked. It's a little dwarf for me.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 01:32:25 pm »

Still, even without the icons it doesn't seem hard... but again, that might be because I only pay attention to about 1 thread a month.
Yeah it definitely might be because you only pay attention to one thread a month.

Clicky the icon beside the forum section name, it'll show you all new posts in that specific subforum since you last checked. It's a little dwarf for me.
Hm, I never knew that existed, neat. But my point still stands, it's still slightly slower unless you only watch a few subforums because, well, obviously you have to check multiple pages.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 01:36:20 pm »

Its a forum game, i find it fun you dont like it.
:D
Its awesome it grew to 58 pages in just one day.
And my evil plan has been completed whole 4 times! MWA HA HA HA HA
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 01:37:49 pm »

Actually, if you check plenty of subforums it works too. Because then you're probably following so many threads that doing one subforum after another would be more efficient, especially if not all of them have new posts.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 01:44:13 pm »

Its awesome it grew to 58 pages in just one day.
That's why it's the bane of the internet. Just typing in one number... Yeesh.

Actually, if you check plenty of subforums it works too. Because then you're probably following so many threads that doing one subforum after another would be more efficient, especially if not all of them have new posts.
I didn't say that that method wouldn't work and I don't agree with your point to some extent. Though I partially concede my claim. I guess it all depends on how frequently you are on the forums.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 01:52:46 pm »

I didn't say that that method wouldn't work and I don't agree with your point to some extent. Though I partially concede my claim. I guess it all depends on how frequently you are on the forums.
I'll agree it's probably not as efficient for most, I have the pages bookmarked for DFGD, OG and GD so I can check those any time I want.
*Hugs*

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 02:24:45 pm »

He's talking about blocking the Forum Games section from the (I think?) "show unread posts since your last visit" thing at the top of the forums. Spammy threads down there probably clog it up pretty badly.
I feel like the only person who doesn't use that.
I don't use it on larger forums (pretty much Bay12 and bigger). It tends to get clogged up by things I don't want to read, and it's easier just to check the specific subforums individually.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 03:11:21 pm »

Agreed. It isn't that difficult to open whichever subforums have new posts, check the threads you're interested in, skim for new threads, etc.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 [2]