Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: dwarven elderly care  (Read 6182 times)

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarven elderly care
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »

Hate to break it you, but private companies are terrible at running a healthcare system.

A government can ensure a nationwide standard of care, is much better for ensuring vaccination programmes are carried out effectively in order to prevent epidemics and does not have to turn a profit.

You can also do away with health insurance companies to a greater extent.

In a system were healthcare is for profit then there is attempts to reduce costs, even at the expense of patient care, raise money by participating in clinical trials with dubious companies and generally do things to satisfy the shareholders and not the patients.

CodexDraco

• Bay Watcher
  • [SARCASTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 11:03:07 pm »

Politics really?

Why not talk about something fun like hurting old people?
Finely minced dwarven wine... what?

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 12:41:36 am »

MFW HE SAID AMERICAN HEALTH CARE I AM SO OFFENDED HE SAID AMERICAN HEALTHCARE.

THEN HE SAID EVIL. HE CALLED AMERICA EVIL, HE SAID IT RIGHT THERE. RATHER HE CALLED HEALTHCARE CORPORATIONS EVIL, AND THOSE ONLY EXIST IN AMERICA BECAUSE RICHARD NIXON RAILROADED THEM BECAUSE HE SAW A PROFIT, BUT NEVER MIND FACTS SOMEONE USED AMERICA AND EVIL IN THE SAME SENTENCE. SUDDENLY THESE THINGS MATTERS BECAUSE WE'RE ALL STUCK UP NATIONALISTS INSTEAD OF SADISTIC NERDS.

My jimmies have been rustled.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 12:54:20 am »

This thinly veiled political statement is in the wrong forum.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 12:57:54 am »

This thinly veiled political statement is in the wrong forum.
the first post was never a political statement, but the problem is he said american, and some people are just INCREDIBLY sensitive about stuff like that.

My post, however, was not thinly veiled at all.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 01:48:13 am »

The reason prices are as bad as they are is because of the Government stepping in to it.  And what other countries are you talking about? don't say Canada because their system is a joke.

Every other world power pretty much...do some research.

Also its hard to call Canada's system a joke when they have higher life expectancy...in fact the US health system is no where near supreme. We rank fairly low among most developed countries despite spending about 50% more than any other developed nation on healthcare.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:52:25 am by dennislp3 »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 01:55:44 am »

P.S. if someone could explain me what in this message is SO "offensive" that I should move it out of DF fortress mode discussion - I will be very grateful. I must be missing something....
Politics don't belong here or in Fort Mode Discussion, offensive or not. This thread clearly isn't really about anything DF-related.

/thread
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 01:57:59 am »

It was actually until someone took major offense and derailed it and then assholes like me keep it derailed...

Where there is ignorance to stamp out...be it perceived or real...someone has to fight against it! >.>
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:00:54 am by dennislp3 »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 05:16:04 am »

oh, I see what was I missing. I apparently hit some nerve about current political situation is US regarding pensions debate and healthcare debate. That must be why some people are so sensitive about it. You these discussions in news flashes and now you see keywords in my post. "elderly", "healthcare", "pharmaceuticals", "evil", "american"... This must be politics! Let's fight it!

Please do not do this. Even if my post is non-political at all - you are making it political with your flame holy war here.

The post is about "how to make your dwarves live forever with growing elderly features" like slowness, bad temper and increased health care.

P.S. for those fiery patriots:
american healthcare because in US doctors learning curve is the longest I know. Perhaps that and legal customs of US is making US healthcare so expensive, but I really do not care. I do not care about politics.
american pharmaceutical company - which other country have a pharmaceutical company after all?

P.P.S. Do not look for an insult. look for fun.

Kolbur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 05:44:04 am »

Successful troll is successful...  :P
Pages: 1 [2]