Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Goodbye Vector  (Read 32802 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye Vector
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2012, 05:46:03 pm »

I think you're over-blowing things a bit. Yes, she is a wonderful person, and yes, it was nice having her around, but it's not like the entire forum revolved around her.

Besides, she has a (hopefully glorious) life to lead.

O, I'm not saying her absence will sink the forums entirely. I'm saying you can note an increase in stuff like rape jokes and the other messed up stuff. How many pages has the "it is ok to use the word "rape" discussion been going on in her old thread? You know she'd never stand for that....
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:49:24 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2012, 05:54:26 pm »

I completely failed to notice this earlier! Even though I know very little of her (Though thats probably the case with most, this being internet and all), she always seemed like great person to have around. I dont think this place is gonna fall apart now though, there are many chill people here.

GL HF Vector!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2012, 06:00:45 pm »

I think you're over-blowing things a bit. Yes, she is a wonderful person, and yes, it was nice having her around, but it's not like the entire forum revolved around her.

O, I'm not saying her absence will sink the forums entirely. I'm saying you can note an increase in stuff like rape jokes and the other messed up stuff. How many pages has the "it is ok to use the word "rape" discussion been going on in her old thread? You know she'd never stand for that....

"Never stand for it" how? She can't do anything the rest of us can't. She wasn't some kind of forum superhero, just a user who cared about stuff.

EDIT: I guess she can lock the thread, but that's true of anybody with their own thread, and only applies to that particular one.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2012, 06:05:47 pm »

"Never stand for it" how? She can't do anything the rest of us can't. She wasn't some kind of forum superhero, just a user who cared about stuff.

EDIT: I guess she can lock the thread, but that's true of anybody with their own thread, and only applies to that particular one.
Maybe someone should start a new thread that can be locked by a responsible forum member.

I'd do it, but I'm too much of a pansy to moderate a debate.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]