Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ghostly vampire  (Read 7127 times)

Manae

• Bay Watcher
  • Smile
    • View Profile
Re: ghostly vampire
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »

So I have a vampire ghost floating around now, too. So I can tell you a few things that won't work!

First, magma does nothing. I used a vampire to tap a volcano for my forges, and her ghost raised up and hanged out by the fortification she carved for a while.

Second, distance ain't gonna help. Said magma forges were nowhere close to my hospital, but suddenly said ghost decided swimming in magma all day was for the birds and teleported to my hospital/dormitory and drained a beekeeper.

With no body to be found, I fear I have doomed my fortress. :P

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 08:16:21 pm »

The undead undead will continue to feed, for all eternity.  I just abandoned after my vampire opened the magma sea and was cremated and her ghost began to feed.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:53 pm »

Note to self: kill vampires in a way such that the body is recoverable, such as weapons, cliffs, or ice.

Addendum: If in evil region where corpses animate as zombies, opt for eternal imprisonment rather than execution.

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 10:36:14 pm »

I just have to say, I totally called this one in that thread where we made up bugs for .34 lol. And you could always just carve a slab for every single name in your list and see what happens.
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 10:45:45 pm »

anyone have any ideas how to figure out a vampire's real name?
I thought a vampire's real name did end up on engravings and slabs?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Manae

• Bay Watcher
  • Smile
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 10:59:42 am »

anyone have any ideas how to figure out a vampire's real name?
I thought a vampire's real name did end up on engravings and slabs?

While that's possible, the names of the missing won't be engravable. They actually have to be confirmed dead first.

Oddly enough, my ghost is continuing the masquerade instead of switching to his real name.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 11:03:54 am »

This thread is menacing with spikes of crazy and awesome! :D
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 2 [3]