Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4570 4571 [4572] 4573 4574 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14924900 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68565 on: January 02, 2012, 04:20:05 pm »

I am a hippo in a tutu.
I loved Fantasia when I was a kid. When was the last time Disney took a break from making new episodes of The Suite Life of Zach and Cody to do some serious animating?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68566 on: January 02, 2012, 04:21:39 pm »

I am a hippo in a tutu.
I loved Fantasia when I was a kid. When was the last time Disney took a break from Suite Life of Zach and Cody to do some serious animating?
Wasn't Princess and the Frog traditional animation?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68567 on: January 02, 2012, 04:56:57 pm »

[22:54] <Frastur>  Try /quit
[22:54] <Taricus> XD
[22:54] * Gatleos (4c1b3481@gateway/web/freenode/ip.76.27.52.129) Quit (  )
[22:54] <Frastur> xD
[22:54] <Taricus> XD
[22:54] <adwarf> LOL
[22:54] <Frastur> SUCCESS
[22:55] <Taricus> *Hi Five*
[22:55] <adwarf> Good one

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #68568 on: January 02, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

I am a hippo in a tutu.
I loved Fantasia when I was a kid. When was the last time Disney took a break from Suite Life of Zach and Cody to do some serious animating?
Wasn't Princess and the Frog traditional animation?
I heard it wasn't all that popular though o_O  I thought it was a nice enough movie, the villain needed more "umph," it seemed like he was best at really messing things up.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #68569 on: January 02, 2012, 06:14:09 pm »

I really need a C# dictionary.
But you have internets, which are even better! Do a google search for:

(whatever you want to find here) C# msdn

Since C# is a Microsoft product, it has pretty much the entire documentation w/ tutorials and often example code on msdn (microsoft developer network). It's actually a better source for C# stuff than textbooks about C#. I didn't even open my C# textbook over the course of 2 quarters using C#.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68570 on: January 02, 2012, 06:17:25 pm »

(whatever you want to find here) C# msdn

Ah see, this is what I didn't know.  Searching for "C# dictionary" gave me the Dictionary function, "C# glossary" gave me academic information about programming practices, what I'm looking for is an actual list of commands.  The problem is, I need to know what I'm trying to do to fill in the (whatever) part of the search, which can take some guesswork, but that's exactly how I found out about the ReadKey function.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #68571 on: January 02, 2012, 06:22:50 pm »

Another thing to take note of in msdn is the little bar of links on the left side of (most) pages. Slight indentations on the left side of the links show a category hierarchy, allowing you to look at the larger containers the bit you are looking at is in. For ReadKey, that is the 'Console' namespace here.

Thus, if you find one useful function, you can easily get to a list of related functions and such. And in cases in which you don't know where to start, googling the process you want to do can find some decent msdn articles; 'create window c# msdn' results in several tutorials for window creation.

For specific function names, you can leave out 'C#' from the search if you want to save time, as most are only relevant names to c#'s set of functions.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:28:54 pm by alway »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68572 on: January 02, 2012, 07:02:52 pm »

Actually, an example code I copied off the MSDN for producing colored text in a console window produced a wall of errors, because my compiler had no idea what the functions meant.  Although this is definitely verging out of the purpose for this thread, so I'm going to stop asking about it here.

EDIT: Turned out to be an error on my part.  Okay, so I can make colored text without a weird library or anything.  Fantastic.

I am happy at the surprising power of pseudo-code.  I've never planned out a code in anything like detail before, and be damned if it isn't helping me keep my thoughts straight, without making the project seem too gargantuan or too easy to worry about.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:09:35 pm by Aqizzar »
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #68573 on: January 02, 2012, 07:46:12 pm »

I am done with applying to college. This last application was four short answers and an essay, the entirety of which I started less than a week ago, and which is due tomorrow.

Of course, for Early Action at another school, I submitted it at 4:40 on the day it was due, closing at 5:00.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68574 on: January 02, 2012, 08:09:17 pm »

Watching the Magicka Developer Commentary again.
Good god, those guys are hilarious!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68575 on: January 02, 2012, 09:16:09 pm »

So you know what's awesome about coding?  You can type a giant pile of crap that looks like this:

And you get this:

Spoiler: Console.Damn() (click to show/hide)

Okay, I'm not going to babble about this any more in the Happy thread.  Perhaps I'll make a Creative thread all my own, and actually put something there for the first time ever.  And now, to knock all that out into a Class functions...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68576 on: January 02, 2012, 09:28:43 pm »

I am happy at the surprising power of pseudo-code.  I've never planned out a code in anything like detail before, and be damned if it isn't helping me keep my thoughts straight, without making the project seem too gargantuan or too easy to worry about.
If you are really into it, you could read up on UML. It is in some ways pseudo-code for object oriented design patterns. And once you know your design pattens, your pretty much the next best thing to shooting lightning from your fingertips.

Still, best of luck on your project!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68577 on: January 02, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »

My sister told me she heard from a friend that Rage Against The Machine might be preforming in my country this year, even a vague rumor makes me happy if they are in question :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68578 on: January 02, 2012, 10:07:55 pm »

Aqizzar, your posts remind me of my first steps into higher-level Java stuff. I'm happy for you because I know that feeling.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68579 on: January 02, 2012, 10:25:32 pm »

Aqizzar, your posts remind me of my first steps into higher-level Java stuff. I'm happy for you because I know that feeling.

I'm happy that I'm now a skilled enough programmer that I can visualize most of that in my head.  Just enough to use my favorite technique, 'wishful thinking'.  Where you say "I want it to do this.  Wouldn't it be nice if I had a method that did?  Wait, I do!".  Your code turns into nothing but method calls until you get really deep, where your final bunch of methods each have about three lines of actual code in them.

Now if I could just figure out graphics programming...ncurses and GTK both refuse to cooperate and I just haven't gotten around to making sense of anything in SDL or OpenGL yet.
Pages: 1 ... 4570 4571 [4572] 4573 4574 ... 13314