Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561321 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

For what it's worth, clog wise you're probably okay. It takes a surprising amount to genuinely clog up a toilet, and a single crayon probably won't manage it.

but yeah, at some point dementia convinced my grandfather to flush a tennis ball down the toilet, so. More fits down there than you might expect.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It looks like a show that people who like marijuana would enjoy.

Dunno if it pares well with alcohol, but I guess I could try binge watching it. I recall watching one episode and liking it.

The title changed here. No one noticed until now.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

So I am seeing a horror film with my dormmates. It's about jinn. Cringe and fun.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... c'mon now, don't just leave folks hanging. Name drop the title when y'make references like that :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Aladdin
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aladdin

Nah, its some stupid horror flick about jinn possession, Islamic mythology bullshit. It is so not scary, it is funny.

They asked if I was scared, I said no. Like, can you imagine? Any supernatural entity intruding into my mind would find it very much occupied by a certain cubical monstrosity.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The last horror movie I actually saw at the cinema[1] was Wishmaster... (It was so funny... In a "so bad it's good (at just being bad)" way. Obviously if you don't know that the 'being' in front of you tends to grant wishes (and in unforeseen ways that are not just in an 'accidentally bad' way) then you don't know not to say "I'd like to see you come through me.."(/words to that effect) and invoke your own demise, but...

My thing that made me laugh more recently (last night, actually, which is close enough for government work...) was a trio of 'stage school' girls who were part of an entertainment that I was at. (Really, not as bad as it sounds. And I didn't laugh openly, but I enjoyed things just a little more for this little detail. Given that I was a "plus one" to the gig, which wasn't just stage-school stuff.) Their particular piece was a pop-song, sung (well) and tightly choreographed.

They all did a very practiced synchronous gestures/expressions/limb-movement performance, etc. Except that when they did actual lateral leg-stepping, moving positions (rather than contorting on the spot), the movements were from their starting positions "I I I" (actually chevroned, up/down stage, BYGTI) to "< <   >" then "> > <" back again, as required. It initially looked, to me, like the one on the right had misremembered the direction. But they kept doing it, so it was clearly a deliberate choice.

To be fair, hard to appear deliberately consistent with three. Pairs can run through synchronised mirror movements without issue. Fours can "< < > >" or "< > < >", etc. Trios are awkward, although "< I >" (centre-stage not moving), and back in again, might have been better, thus making me think that it was the chosen movement of the centre-figure that caused me confusion. In fact "< < >" -> "> > <" -> "< > >" -> "> < <" -> (repeat) would be interesting....

But in my head (whilst I was appreciating later entertainments, varying quality, some very good singing, etc) I was rather wishing that the side-pair had actually also decided to be full-handedly mirrored (one of them holding the mike in left hand, doing everything in mirrored contrast to her counterpart), as well as developing the translational movements that way. Might help if one of them was a natural 'leftie', but this aint waltzing, where it's 'rude to reverse', so...

But it definitely amused me. More internally than in being an obviously critical member of the audience. I think I'm perfectly capable of 'going with the flow' and doing some independent thinking of my own (if it wasn't that, it would be running through the next scripting project that I have...). And, so, yes... it made me (silently) laugh, for the duration of the number and quite a bit beyond. And it made me think! Best of both worlds, right..?

[1] Not really my genre. And I can't imagine why I went to see it in '97+. There wasn't another version of it that came out five or ten years earlier, was there? I'd have been going to the cinema socially, back then, and did see more than my fair share of strange things (Death Becomes Her, comes to mind) just because someone else thought it'd be a good idea. Rather than generally only go to things I had a good chance of appreciating by myself. addendum: scratch that mystery... One of my colleagues in 97ish was into horror (though not really into it). We probably did something work-socially around that time, and he likely suggested at least one method of escaping from the Y2K preparations... ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 09:11:31 pm by Starver »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Aladdin

Nah, its some stupid horror flick about jinn possession, Islamic mythology bullshit. It is so not scary, it is funny.

They asked if I was scared, I said no. Like, can you imagine? Any supernatural entity intruding into my mind would find it very much occupied by a certain cubical monstrosity.
Is this that dybbuk box one?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aladdin

Is this that dybbuk box one?

Nah.

It's me.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

Despite everything, it's you.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Despite everything, it's you.

█████

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile

this one recommends teletype
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile

Hey, Magmacube, i think i found where you live:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879