Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 564174 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3600 on: November 26, 2013, 10:42:06 pm »

I think Xabi's corpse gives you luck.

That is a random, temporary bonus that you get sometimes from eating blessed food.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: November 27, 2013, 12:01:49 am »

I think Xabi's corpse gives you luck.

That is a random, temporary bonus that you get sometimes from eating blessed food.

Indeed. Also, hoard the crap out of the figurine and card. Those are insanely valuable in a museum, and also insanely hard to get a hold of "legitimately".

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: November 27, 2013, 12:05:35 am »

I know, and I know. I've just never seen the King get the assassination instagib in all my years.

I've usually only gotten the king's stuff via setting off the nuke. Oh, and there was the time aliens literally took over the city, thanks to an unlucky well spawn. [It made the thing which causes that 'alien pregnancy' syndrome, which also happens to be a godawful strong monster]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:08:17 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: November 27, 2013, 01:11:00 am »

The aliens created by the "pregnancy" debuff are spawned with half the levels of the "impregnated" creature.  Hence, aliens from a guard, which is level 40, start off level 20. 

For many players, level 20 monsters are pretty tough, but it's all relative, of course...

And I tried to kill the king using one of those alien infections in the throne room.  I wound up with the whole town infected, and the king was STILL laughing off their attacks and squishing alien heads one-handed.  I tried then summoning all the monsters I possibly could from all the wands and spellbooks I could muster - King regenerated faster than he took damage.  I dropped the nuke on the town (in the spot with the bear) in disgust.  The King lived.  The freak is TOUGH.

The best way to kill the king would be to use summoning/teleportation rods to get him isolated, and fight him boss-style using tons of buffs/debuffs and either potent ranged weapons with special ammo and sodas, or else use heavily pumped Nightmare/Nerve magic and/or Element Scar + freak loads of rods.  Beware his deadly melee!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: November 27, 2013, 02:42:48 am »

Well.... I got an error after trying to preach in a crossroads in Palmia.

HspError 7 WinError 0 Ver 2370 Mode 0
efId 408 efP 100 Area 15/1
ci 65#690 ti 0#286 cc 0#0 tc 0#0 rc 54#75
3. main_init:End ct:0
2. turn_end:pc ct:0
1. main_init:Begin ct:245
0. main_init:End ct:0

Anyone know what it means?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: November 27, 2013, 07:34:22 am »

Well.... I got an error after trying to preach in a crossroads in Palmia.

HspError 7 WinError 0 Ver 2370 Mode 0
efId 408 efP 100 Area 15/1
ci 65#690 ti 0#286 cc 0#0 tc 0#0 rc 54#75
3. main_init:End ct:0
2. turn_end:pc ct:0
1. main_init:Begin ct:245
0. main_init:End ct:0

Anyone know what it means?

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29#1.23
"Preaching" special action added.
It's basically a unique variety of musical performance, where you start "playing" any nearby object.
Possible outcomes: the audience gives you money (donations), some may convert to your own god, some may turn hostile.
May crash the game occasionally.
It trains the Faith skill of yours and your pets'.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: November 27, 2013, 10:44:07 am »

But it's not occasionally, it's every time. It worked the first time, but not again.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: November 27, 2013, 12:21:02 pm »

I guess don't use it, then. It's never worked for me before.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: November 27, 2013, 11:48:54 pm »

But it's not occasionally, it's every time. It worked the first time, but not again.

It's probably triggered occasionally, but once triggered, it has corrupted something in your save data.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: November 29, 2013, 02:00:59 am »

The aliens created by the "pregnancy" debuff are spawned with half the levels of the "impregnated" creature.  Hence, aliens from a guard, which is level 40, start off level 20. 

For many players, level 20 monsters are pretty tough, but it's all relative, of course...

And I tried to kill the king using one of those alien infections in the throne room.  I wound up with the whole town infected, and the king was STILL laughing off their attacks and squishing alien heads one-handed.  I tried then summoning all the monsters I possibly could from all the wands and spellbooks I could muster - King regenerated faster than he took damage.  I dropped the nuke on the town (in the spot with the bear) in disgust.  The King lived.  The freak is TOUGH.

The best way to kill the king would be to use summoning/teleportation rods to get him isolated, and fight him boss-style using tons of buffs/debuffs and either potent ranged weapons with special ammo and sodas, or else use heavily pumped Nightmare/Nerve magic and/or Element Scar + freak loads of rods.  Beware his deadly melee!

He is beatable though in melee. My little girl can do it with minimal help from me, basically tossing hero and speed potions on her throughout the fight.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83097.msg4264029#msg4264029

This post has her stats, and she was a bit weaker than that when I had her kill him. Since that pic was taken around the time I was getting ready to take on Zeome. And the king was already perma-dead due the story progression. Should give you a rough idea of where you'd have to be statwise to do it I suppose.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:03:52 am by Patchy »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: December 02, 2013, 11:01:26 pm »

Bit of a bump to say the old trick of stealing moongate people's hard-earned cash in their kitty banks doesn't work anymore. You can bash those banks all you like, but they won't break. Noooooo!!!!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: December 03, 2013, 05:39:23 am »

What's with those moongates? I've gone into a few, but they all seem to either be instant death by swarms of super monsters or designed houses, somehow with NPCs. Is there any REAL point in going into them when the risk of death is so high?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: December 03, 2013, 08:07:15 am »

What's with those moongates? I've gone into a few, but they all seem to either be instant death by swarms of super monsters or designed houses, somehow with NPCs. Is there any REAL point in going into them when the risk of death is so high?

Moon gates are designed by other people. Anything goes in there.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Moon_gate

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: December 05, 2013, 12:27:06 am »

Anyone have a link to the latest download?

Edit:Just flipped back a few pages. Sorry about that.

So is there any way to farm ALL of the evolution hearts, or are they going to forever be a rare drop/limited drop that you save for your prized slaves pets? And do they have any effect on the animals bred on a ranch?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:31:56 am by Markus »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: December 05, 2013, 12:34:52 am »

They're quite rare. Super rare. Extremely so.

As for ranch animals you'd probably have to have them join your party first. Not sure though since I never had any hearts worth using on any of my ranch stock.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 291