Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!! DEAD  (Read 55426 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: !!Sparkgear XI: Revenge of the birds!!
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 01:33:28 am »

It just hit me, the irony.
Revenge of the birds...Undead giant eagles.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 01:35:02 am »

I know right? Fortunately that was a freak occurrence, they're only supposed to spawn sometimes, but there they were, the first things to appear.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:36:40 am by Demonic Spoon »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 01:43:51 am »

I'll take the mason mechanic then. He looks friendly enough.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 01:47:00 am »

Done, also the eagles showed up again, fortunately I managed to wall us in in time, we're safe, for now.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2010, 02:28:23 am »

This is shaping up to be grat fun. Like a circus. Or a zoo. Full of zombies.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 02:40:14 am »

Things were a tight with the food when I brewed it all...but the farms will be up and working soon and I butchered a few dogs to see us through until then. Damn rains is causing the murky pools to flood the fortress, whoops. Autumn already? Time passes quickly when you're fighting for survival it seems. Mostly I'm just hoping the rain will stop soon. Some animals that were actually alive, a few deer, showed up.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:09:57 am by Demonic Spoon »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2010, 03:09:53 am »

Things were a tight with the food when I brewed it all...but the farms will be up and working soon and I butchered a few dogs to see us through until then. Damn rains is causing the murky pools to flood the fortress, whoops. Autumn already? Time passes quickly when you're fighting for survival it seems. Mostly I'm just hoping the rain will stop soon.

Ever think of walling off the murky pools and/or replacing them with floors/channels so they stop collecting rain?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 03:11:11 am »

A bit hard to do when they're full of water, I didn't take many precautions, I thought it'd all just evaporate away, no danger so I just dug from my farms ot the murky pools, but no then it started raining, and it's a bit too dangerous outside for me to go out there and floor them over on top. The rain has finally stopped. No wait, it started again. Our first two dwarves dead, a butcher and a weaponsmith, both to the giant eagles.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:46:29 am by Demonic Spoon »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 03:39:36 am »

A bit hard to do when they're full of water, I didn't take many precautions, I thought it'd all just evaporate away, no danger so I just dug form my farms ot the murky pools, but no then it started raining, and it's a bit too dangerous outside for me to go out there and floor them over on top. The rain has finally stopped. No wait, it started again. Our first two dwarves dead, a butcher and a weaponsmith, both to the giant eagles.

Awesome.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 03:46:57 am »

...Undead Giant Eagles are really evil, what monstrosities have I created! Jeweler is down too.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:48:50 am by Demonic Spoon »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2010, 05:50:26 am »

*Facepalm*
Try to keep at least one alive.
I mean don't feel obligated to protect the jeweler, but the weapon smith! How could you! This game is going to be awesome fun.

;D

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2010, 06:11:38 am »

Well I've managed to get some bridges built over the murky pools so we won't need to go outside for a while. Got some deer wandering around again so we have a respite from the OMG Giant Eagles. No just need to wait for the water to evaporate so that we can start building farms. Got our first strange mood, a bone carver that got three turtle shells. He just completed his artifact, heh, I love this new dwarven alchemy, using only turtle shells he somehow managed to make a iron figurine.

And he was a high master weaponsmith too.   :'(  Aw great, the eagles are back, they nearly got our mason who was putting in the last bridges.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:18:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2010, 06:23:43 am »

And he was a high master weaponsmith too.

All those masterpiece serrated steel discs we could have sold...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 06:30:37 am »

Journal of Demonic Spoon

After one of my relatives had a unfortunate and rather sudden end to the giant eagles that plague our world I was ordered by our King to lead a second colonization group to this area.

"We must establish a new fortress in this area Demonic Spoon for reasons that I will not divulge to you, now go forth before I call the Hammerer!"

Damn crazed lunatic, anyway, by travelling by night and hiding beneath outcrops of rock and bushes we have managed avoid the giant eagles that fly over the entire world in large groups, searching for meat top bring back to their hive nests. We have found the previous party's wagon, just as we did though we heard the screams of giant eagle drones, there was no time we had to dig into the mountain immediately to escape their beaks!

We have made it inside just in time but our situation is grim, our supplies will not last long and we are expecting reinforcements soon that will put a even larger drain on our resources. I grab our pick and immediately set to work mining out what wil no doubt become the greatest fortress this side of the legendary Flarechannel.

Migrants! Can't they see we can barely support ourselves let alone other people?

Curses! Our irrigation project didn't take into account the heavy rainfall in this region and now the rest of the fort is also flooding! If it weren't for those damn eagles outside we might build covers over the murky pools to block the rainfall but sadly that is not a possibility. If weren't for the the donkeys and horses we've butchered we'd have starved to death long ago.

Autumn already? Time flies when you're struggling to survive amidst a flood and giant eagles, fortunately we've been churning out trading goods for the dwarven caravan. We continue to battle the flood but our progress is hampered by constant giant eagle raids, it seems word of the location of much succulent dwarf flesh has spread among the eagles and they all want to try and get it. Sadly they have seen success in this too, our jeweler nad weaponsmith as well as a butcher have been taken by the giant eagles to feed their vile spawn.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:38:31 am by Demonic Spoon »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2010, 07:29:42 am »

So, demonic spoon, am I to assume that were using at least elements from genesis, or are you wasting your turn playing something else?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25