Poll

Is it time for a new fortress?

OH YEAH!!!!
- 5 (83.3%)
No, Still got grudges to settle here!
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Gateheaven: Building the largest world conquest generational fort series  (Read 14984 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gateheaven: Building the largest world conquest generational fort series
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2024, 08:04:55 pm »

Turn limits aren't really enforced here? As far as I can tell? Play as long as you like.
We have a one week thing, but Salmeuk stopped mid-turn! I'm cool with flexibility on turns. Honestly, I'm waiting for someone skilled like Avolition to get their hands on this and end up passing 20 in-game years in a week or something crazy lol

Is this going to be the only fort in this world, or will there be more after this one falls/becomes unplayable?
Absolutely! Half the fun here will be moving onto new forts and growing!

I think using dfhack to clean up the map is fine! I mean the whole premise was to be in a world that tested all of our abilities to the limit! I'd say each of us has nearly lost the fort at least once now lol. Dfhack to maintain quality of life and playability sounds fair

We should use dfhack: Deteriorate to make bodies decompose by themselves
https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/tools/deteriorate.html

I added a poll now! Do you guys wanna move onto a new fortress? Before we quit this one I, personally, would like to conquer all the surrounding sites as well as absorb whats left of the goblin civilization into ours through conquest! Think it'll leave our boys in a decent place!

For a new challenge I'm thinking we scale invasions down to 100 and set a fort population for 30 or 40 dwarves. It'll help with FPS, but also not be too easy.

Spoiler: other stuff (click to show/hide)

Lmk if any of you got ideas!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2024, 10:40:21 pm »

You can use DFHack to autodump stuff into the atom smasher. If I had done that on my turn we wouldn't have had the inevitable tantrum spiral, but it definitely feels like cheating!
By armok, the elves will work hauling trash and they'll like it. if you want to do that after my turn fine but I'll be doing it the good old fashioned way as best I can

I'd say each of us has nearly lost the fort at least once now lol.
Give me time..
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2024, 04:48:18 am »

Thats great finish off the goblins to stop goblin sieges

I didn't know that about forgotten beasts! Since buildingdestroyer is broken we could start storing FBs in locked corridors to collect as many as we can. Use Gateheaven as a death trap to really damage the enemy pop numbers

I guess we could turn the elves and humans into garbage collectors, restrict burial and maybe hauling too to only them

I voted for new fort but I'm good either way so don't mind me
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 05:18:33 am by Otto_K »
Succession fort runs!
Zulbanunal - Bannerblunts
Bardumiseth - Fightquests

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2024, 05:42:36 pm »

Well lets see how things are going.
My new worldly avatar is a sadly unskilled warrior although she's training hard   :-[
Its very strange and eerie that the royal quarters and the temples and guildhalls are TOTALLY empty, what happened down there is it haunted or something?
Other than the human siege still to deal with and forgotten beast still roaming the caves things seem pretty well organized, am I in an easy turn once agian? There aren't even any ghosts roaming!
One thing I will say is our food stocks are NOT adequate, we're trying to go to war here we need to be stocked for a LONG time in case something happens.
I think my priority here will be finishing the defenses and rescuing the prisoners, both to teach our enemies a lesson and to bolster our forces, so we can start the offensive in earnest on the next turn.
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2024, 03:42:31 am »

Final thoughts on my turn:

1.   There’s food to last a full year, but more is always needed. There's tons of drink ingredients, but no solid foods

I told you we need more food! Well, i recommend butchering some animals and allowing all beer types for cooking. Could we make flour for cooking or raid to steal more livestock? There's a room at the waterfall intake where you could make waterwheels and millstones for flour
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2024, 11:29:36 pm »

imo the surface farms should be moved down a few layers if possible - the pathway is circuitous and winding from those farms to the food stock / prep zone.

if you need to flood more farms, the well is constantly fed by aquifer, so you can drain it without worry.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2024, 07:17:07 am »

can anyone explain to me how to stop idiots from running up out of the fort when i open the door to the trap corridor? the burrow doesnt seem to work.  Its too late now (dont worry nothing terrible happened) but I would like to know..

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2024, 05:19:48 pm »

neblime, premium removed the ability for us to lock dwarves in burrows via alerts. DFHack returns this functionality so I suggest you install it through the steam workshop.

you can access a small config panel in the lower right screen and here you can assign all civilians to the safety burrow, which exists already.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2024, 09:06:01 pm »

neblime, premium removed the ability for us to lock dwarves in burrows via alerts.
Real? I thought just enabling the burrow did it now :\ man thats disappointing

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2024, 02:30:03 am »

And on the subject of artifact names, you can't beat this beauty from the Museum III game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Funnily enough that you mentioned the Museum, i've been reading through the Museum thread for the last while, i'm something like halfway through the first game's thread. There's some wild shit going on, what a story

I slay the giants in turn by jamming Bora Ragedance's corpse into their skulls - a fitting tribute for a great warrior. I continue my travels east and then north, skirting the ocean.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Succession fort runs!

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2024, 11:14:42 am »

Ah, the story of Dishmab Northmanor. A cautionary tale. No spoilers if you’ve not finished the Museum I thread. Museum II fizzled out but the third one just passed 400 years of constant playing.

I really need to fix all those photobucket links to imgur or something.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2024, 05:45:47 am »

Lag is taking its toll sorry for the wait... should be done in a day or two

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2024, 06:08:17 am »

All good! I figure everyone is probably caught up playing adventure mode right now anyway lol

When we finish up our goals at this fort do we wanna play around in adventure mode on this world for a bit before the next fort?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2024, 03:12:23 am »

It doesnt break saves? I was thinking about doing that anyway for reasons, but I didn't touch it yet because I saw its still in "beta" but ngl I didn't delve into what that means exactly. how is it?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2024, 02:46:28 pm »

It's missing a lot. No crafting, no butchering, no special abilities, no in-depth personality customization, and some more stuff I'm forgetting.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15