Poll

Is it time for a new fortress?

OH YEAH!!!!
- 5 (83.3%)
No, Still got grudges to settle here!
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Gateheaven: Building the largest world conquest generational fort series  (Read 14988 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gateheaven: Building the largest world conquest generational fort series
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2024, 10:05:15 pm »

7. I wanna fill the death maze up with weapon traps. If we can automate killing sieges it'll make missions easier and we can focus on the caverns more.

yeah agreed.

the images of the giant goblin hordes against the red sand, make for a certain heavy metal aesthetic. . this fortress is very dwarfy.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2024, 04:08:40 am »

I messaged Neblime, but have not heard back yet!

Good idea to fill up the corridor with traps. Only reason I didn't build more traps, is that I wanted more interesting battles and a better story to write. To cripple the invasion but not annihilate it. A bit selfish of me

Oh no you did a fantastic job on your turn! Only reason I was able to transition into conquest so easily is that the defenses of the fort were all set!
Normally I'd be of the same mind especially for the challenge, but this world is so difficult to survive in lol can't afford to hold back at all

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2024, 07:22:00 pm »

Neblime hasn't checked in yet...
Should we pass it onto Otto?

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2024, 01:18:29 am »

Isn't Salmeuk going to play? I hope so because i'm probably not ready to take another turn yet, playing takes a lot of time
Succession fort runs!
Zulbanunal - Bannerblunts
Bardumiseth - Fightquests

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2024, 05:07:36 am »

Oh yeah you're right lol sorry I was going off of memory

Maloy
Neblime
Salmeuk

I'll message Salmeuk

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2024, 08:16:23 am »

I'm here, I'm still in! Just not able to check in for a few days. Everyone happy if i take it from here? Wont be starting for another day or two
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2024, 08:26:07 am »

I'm here, I'm still in! Just not able to check in for a few days. Everyone happy if i take it from here? Wont be starting for another day or two

I think that'd be fine. Salmeuk was talking about finding the time himself?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2024, 05:39:17 pm »

ill throw down tonight and see if I can't get the sieges more automated. basically, I'll finish my ultimate vision for the elevated walkway of doom flanked by jet statues of demons

..or die trying

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2024, 09:11:34 pm »

ahh so I played about a season, a bit too much lag for me to enjoy the process of fixing up the place. . i must throw in the towel.

there are bodies upon bodies upon skeletons upon skeletons. and then some zombies lurking above those. there is also a siege??

we are honestly rich af and the farms are productive. new waterfalls seem actively helping the mood.

I did some re-flooring just for giggles, but not much else. amazing how well run this place is despite the constant sieges, I've certainly never achieved this level of development in similar situations.

tbh .. for these kinda forts u really gotta have a small or medium world with shorter history, and a 2x2 embark helps too ... regardless, save is here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17051

Otto_K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2024, 08:05:52 am »

there are bodies upon bodies upon skeletons upon skeletons. and then some zombies lurking above those. there is also a siege??
tbh .. for these kinda forts u really gotta have a small or medium world with shorter history, and a 2x2 embark helps too ... regardless, save is here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17051

Zombies? Oh right, the passive rotten zombies chilling at the front gate? i wanted the colossus as a scary totem but i suppose goblin zombies will do :D

We do need more cleanup. I think there's an atom smasher in the front gate? Maybe we should make a third atom smasher in the pillar room to clear it quick too. Problem is carrying corpses hits the moods...

Is there any DFHack tricks to clean the map, like removing bloodstains and stuff?

I feel good that I insisted for a smaller world, but interesting that even this world seemed too big? I confess i like medium worlds myself. I dunno, cleaning clutter + doing a 2x2 embark would probably help a lot
Succession fort runs!
Zulbanunal - Bannerblunts
Bardumiseth - Fightquests

Salvadaddy — 29.12.2023
A zombie butterfly man chitin in THE PIT got killed by a falling olm remains lmao

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2024, 08:21:45 am »

Is this going to be the only fort in this world, or will there be more after this one falls/becomes unplayable?

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2024, 08:31:23 am »

Right, picking up from salmeuk's save then, a mini-turn if you will..
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2024, 12:26:33 pm »

Turn limits aren't really enforced here? As far as I can tell? Play as long as you like.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2024, 02:20:25 pm »

Im actually super into the lack of turn limits for succession games. lets people play at their own pace. only downside is the first few players have a certain responsibility in setting up the place for later growth... its a complexity, how do you enjoy the chaos of a succession fortress while also keeping in mind the various tricks and workarounds (especially for lag / cleanup) that provide for survivable and long-lived fortresses?

this game really needs an in-built mechanism for cleanup. surface decay should be increased like 3x and affect all items

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2024, 06:16:12 pm »

You can use DFHack to autodump stuff into the atom smasher. If I had done that on my turn we wouldn't have had the inevitable tantrum spiral, but it definitely feels like cheating!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15