Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Meet Mr. Kobold Mc Comeback!  (Read 1804 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Meet Mr. Kobold Mc Comeback!
« on: August 15, 2013, 03:21:32 pm »

Well, I was taking a look to legends mode, and I found the story of Riklem Riktliyukyuoplataki the Hydra.
It was really badass, killing a lot of people, but the intresting stuff cames when she attacks the Kobold camp of the Smuggler Stones.
She kills a lot of people, including the King/Chief/Whatever, but there's only some stuff you must pay attention to: "In the 20 of Obsidian, Riklem Riktliyukyuoplataki confronted the Kobold Rachklem Girklylum".
"In the 20 of Obsidian, Riklem Riktliyukyuoplataki's third toe of the left foot was chopped down by the Kobold Rachklem Girkylum".
"In the 20 of Obsidian, the Kobold Rachklem Girklylum's rigth eye was smashed out by Riklem Riktliyukyuoplataki, but he managed to escape".

Then it's a lot of boring stuff, like wandering the Elwerien woods, yada yada yada, kills a million elves, yada yada yada, settles somewhere else, yada yada yada, and then, the awensome part:

"In the 25 of Moonstone (one year later) Riklem Riktliyukyuoplataki is confronted by the Kobold Rachklem Girklylum (dun dun DUNN)".
"In the 25 of moonstone, Riklem Riktliyukyuoplataki was struck down by the Kobold Rachklem Girklylum".
After that, I searched for the story of the Kobold, he was a member of the tribe where the beast attacked, he never had a friendly attitude towards goblins, at 14 years old, he killed a wolf, after that, nothing important, till Riklem Riktliyukyuoplataki attacked, then, suprinsingly, he settled down in the same places that the Hydra did, just some days after it was gone, until he slayed it.
After that he went to the elven city that Riklem attacked (remember Elwerien Woods?, Well, there), and he begins to wander trough the wilds.

He still alive, so I decided to take for him later on, after I take a look to my fortress, guess who came there  :P

He appeared as friendly, I guess that this is a good story:

A Kobold, hated race for everyone, in a trip to avange his family, armed only with an iron sword, a spear, and a shield, he went to figth an enemy that killed armies (well, hippie armies and innocent humans but armies at last) and destroyed nations (well, a cave with tents on it), a figth that was unlikely for any man, dorf or elf, our hero would never give up, he was not affraid of death, and, spear in hand, presumibly stolen sword in the belt, shield up, and a war cry, he charged, and he won.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
Re: Meet Mr. Kobold Mc Comeback!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 04:10:58 pm »

He appeared as friendly

Now this I'm interested in.  Did he come as a normal kobold thief/ambush/siege, but unstealthed and peaceful?  Or did he now belong to a different, more generally friendly civilization? and arrive as a merchant or ambassador?
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:27:43 pm »

He appeared as friendly

Now this I'm interested in.  Did he come as a normal kobold thief/ambush/siege, but unstealthed and peaceful?  Or did he now belong to a different, more generally friendly civilization? and arrive as a merchant or ambassador?
It's weird, he came same time that the Elven caravar like a trader, but stayed in the fort when the elves gone, hunting stuff and going everywhere he wanted, I guess he's considered an elf by the hippies, because now in legends says that he's a former member of his camp, and a citizen of the elven city.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:04:26 am »

Yeah, a Kobold fienfly hippe is hunting kea men on my fort...