Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945159 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7650 on: June 19, 2014, 04:45:08 pm »

Pleasing the fan base is not easy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: June 19, 2014, 04:46:47 pm »

In the defense of the horse thing.

It is clear that the developers think they are a lot more funny then they actually are... with what we saw so far being thankfully not in our faces.

I've seen a LOT of indie games fall into this... where their games are saturated with comedy that isn't funny (I am looking at you Adventure Manager... Ohh my your comedy is atrocious)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: June 19, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »

I have avoided the Starbound community like the plauge, I have no interest in the whiny entitled persons who frequent the forums there making asinine demands of the dev team.  However, I actually give a damn about the stupid damn horse thing, I like to play glitch, I find the anachronism of the 'species' engaging.  If I have to deal with an offensive, disgusting, and poorly executed joke like horsetits on even an irregular basis I WILL FLIP THE FUCK OUT.  I'm fine with anthros, (tho' furrysuits are just strange) but the damn horse thing is simply going to damn far.

I wouldn't even post this here, but they've got their moderators actively deleting every new thread on the subject, and they've locked the original and the one they set up themselves, that is flatly unacceptable behavior.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:57:08 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: June 19, 2014, 04:56:39 pm »

There will always be mods to replace stuff with something else.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: June 19, 2014, 05:03:56 pm »

They had the sense to remove the Avian trollface mask, it's odd that they can't see this meme reference isn't that funny.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7655 on: June 19, 2014, 05:11:17 pm »

I'll give you that, for sure, and totally, gamers in general need to be way way less picky about things in general, because many of them are incredibly unreasonable.

But despite all this, I think the current situation is very easily avoided, and pretty standard and reasonable. All the auxilary stuff they're harping on like trashcan picture/fic they can't do anything about, and I feel they're dealing with reasonably (IE ignoring it, they seem to be good at that!), but banning people from your forums for voicing a negative opinion about a game has gone from relating to the fanbase to directly relating to the game. It negatively effects both, and again, is fairly easy not to do, or at the very least not do noticibly, and really, ultimately, that's all that matters, as much as I would like to say otherwise.

It just sort've shows a worrying lack of effort on their part, is the real issue I think. If the fanbase were JUST pissed off and the game was still updating fine I'd be 100% okay with it because like you said, pissing off gamers is easy and in general in those situations I sort've defer to my own judgement because you can't really trust the mob in any situation, much less internet forums.

Unless you were just mentioning that and not arguing using it, in whichcase I apologize for the big rant! :P

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #7656 on: June 19, 2014, 05:50:57 pm »

I'm just waiting for the game to be fun, and don't really care about shenanigans one way or another.  Still see the potential so I wait, not into this or that drama (and don't really care, I've seen some serious drama shit already so probably desensitized anyway).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: June 19, 2014, 05:51:49 pm »

I'm just waiting for the game to be fun, and don't really care about shenanigans one way or another.  Still see the potential so I wait, not into this or that drama (and don't really care, I've seen some serious drama shit already so probably desensitized anyway).

It is something to talk about that isn't "yep... waiting on some updates... game still isn't that fun yet"

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: June 19, 2014, 05:52:46 pm »

Unless you were just mentioning that and not arguing using it, in whichcase I apologize for the big rant! :P
Well obviously I was simply mentioning that with no intent of arguing. :p
I'm too lazy for arguments.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: June 19, 2014, 06:44:57 pm »

I'm confused. People were outraged before that there was a lack of updates... Now there's nightly builds, and people are... angry that there's updates? I'm not disappointed in Starbound, I'm disappointed in its community.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: June 19, 2014, 06:50:17 pm »

I'm confused. People were outraged before that there was a lack of updates... Now there's nightly builds, and people are... angry that there's updates? I'm not disappointed in Starbound, I'm disappointed in its community.
I am kinda with you there.
At least in the Steam community.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: June 19, 2014, 06:52:12 pm »

The Nightly builds are not "proper" builds so to speak. They are sort of "use at your own risk" sort of deal.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: June 19, 2014, 06:56:09 pm »

The Nightly builds are not "proper" builds so to speak. They are sort of "use at your own risk" sort of deal.
Isn't that the definition of 'Nightly build' in the first place?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: June 19, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »

*Comes back to thread months later*

Whats this about horsetits and furrysuits?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: June 19, 2014, 09:30:57 pm »

Someone reading the actual ridiculous thing wrong.

They're planning on having ship AIs with holographic avatars. Wise old Hylotl, generic computerized human, cybernetic avian crystals, Big Ape, etc. But for the Glitch, they have...

...this, probably a reference to the horse mask meme.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 565