Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944641 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7605 on: June 08, 2014, 12:42:20 pm »

You have an upload which doesn't require a Starbound account? :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: June 08, 2014, 12:56:46 pm »

Thank you!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #7608 on: June 08, 2014, 12:57:08 pm »

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: June 08, 2014, 06:06:39 pm »

Anyone host a server that I can join?

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7610 on: June 08, 2014, 09:20:53 pm »

I use this mod pack
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/s3r1ous-mods.1358/
I use hamatchi, and it's not 24/7, more a someone wants on and it's up kinda thing

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: June 09, 2014, 05:38:38 pm »

I use this mod pack
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/s3r1ous-mods.1358/
I use hamatchi, and it's not 24/7, more a someone wants on and it's up kinda thing

Thanks.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: June 10, 2014, 07:56:08 am »

In reality horse tits are down by their crotch, interestingly enough.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: June 10, 2014, 09:01:22 am »

In reality horse tits are down by their crotch, interestingly enough.

I wonder, is the Glitch Ship AI a reference to Hotline Miami? A character is seen in concept art wearing a horsemask, and is female too.

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: June 11, 2014, 12:39:52 am »

I wonder, is the Glitch Ship AI a reference to Hotline Miami? A character is seen in concept art wearing a horsemask, and is female too.
I would say it's more likely just a reference to the horse mask itself.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: June 17, 2014, 04:01:57 pm »

(pre-warning, this post is mostly safe but some of the stuff I link is mildly NSFW with language and some sex references, if you're offended by that kinda thing. Or at work.)

Alright... I'm posting a bit pissed off but this needs to be seen. Over the past few months people have been getting kinda grumbly about lack of updates and all that. I've done my best to be fair end even despite Chucklefish's juvenile PR BS, up to and including

banning people who post dissent and immediately
calling people liars in the same post admitting poor admin practices while
the company's "full time PR manager" plays in the trash can instead of doing her job.

But wait! There's more!

Here's two tweets from Molly *today* talking about harassment from 4chan making her job difficult (presumably in light of the abysmal PR that caused the above problems): Part 1, Part 2. Sounds bad -- poor Molly right?

Well not exactly. She retweeted the story that she's referencing more than a month ago. So it was clearly emotionally damaging enough that she shared a laugh about it in public and then sat on it for a month until the time was right to trot it out again for sympathy votes (can't even find archived records of the tentacle pic though I'm not exactly disinclined to believe it exists).

I kinda feel like potboiling, but this is the kind of news that needs to be spread. Best case, the company stops acting like infants... worst case more people know where their money is going and can make more informed choices about supporting this kind of nonsense that makes indie gaming look bad.

EDIT: And the reddit discussion where all this came to light has been pulled from the list. So that settles that, viva censorship of anything inconvenient.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:23:43 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: June 17, 2014, 04:37:31 pm »

You know, it really shouldn't surprise me that they're heading down even worse paths than the Terraria team did.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: June 17, 2014, 04:47:59 pm »

I mean don't get me wrong... Development teams can act REALLY silly. The Maxis one in particular had a weird injoke about Grilled Cheese and did a lot of silly things.

But I can go to the sims website RIGHT NOW and complain about their games if I needed to. HECK The Sims 4 had TONS of complaints and complaint topics (mostly about the appearance) and approximately 0 of them were taken down for being negative...

And that is EA the Evil Empire of Videogames. If I heard they were pulling this crud I wouldn't bat an eye.

The second you censor complaints or attack your customer base is where I get concerned.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: June 17, 2014, 05:15:02 pm »

The second you censor complaints or attack your customer base is where I get concerned.

And that is what bothers me most. I'm deciding whether this should be forwarded to a different sub outside Chucklefish purview, even though I know it would just make them ignore it harder.

EDIT AGAIN: And that's two deleted threads for the day. The second was a guy asking for rule clarifications. I admit his phrasing was a bit coarse but only with sarcasm, not personal attacks. The thread's now gone. This is getting worse than Terraria, as I've seen Tiy call a poster an idiot and Molly talk about some tree looking like dildos, but being a wise-ass non-mod gets threads removed. I really had hoped it wouldn't come to this level of internet dumb. I'm done tattling though, deleted the game for a while to cool off.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:35:09 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7619 on: June 18, 2014, 04:57:05 am »

I'd just like to say I totally agree with the heart of the issue, being that chucklefish has absolutely no idea how to deal with criticism and it is savaging them in the long run. You should rarely if ever remove even remotely legit criticism, because, as we've seen here, it kind've makes you look ridiculous.

Getting on people, however, for silly photos and retweeting stuff is a bit much. I feel like it was mostly included as an after note, and that's fine, it's info that's going around and people can make their own decisions on it, but people take silly pictures all the time, and being a game dev doesn't change that. If the people in office don't mind, it's fine. It's not taking a lot from dev time, so whatever.

I feel like what people were actually getting at with the pictures was that it was proof of them wasting time in office, and... well... that's not incorrect? But it feels like things would be better served by attacking the main issue, IE the game hasn't had a major update in months, because it's directly related to the "wasting time in office" thing, rather then try to turn the auxiliary issue that happened to manifest itself as a silly internet picture into a huge deal, because unless the guy has entire albums of the picture's there's not really any hard proof.

I kind've ran away with myself so I'll just end by saying the current state of the game is miserable given how long it's been in public development, and despite this it's important to remember that game devs are people too, and indeed do silly things sometimes, especially if their boss isn't out to get them for it.
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 565