Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945068 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7425 on: February 19, 2014, 03:27:30 pm »

the fuck is a heart forge?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: February 19, 2014, 03:31:50 pm »

A random guess, but maybe it's related to the Valentine's Day stuff.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7427 on: February 19, 2014, 04:06:44 pm »

A random guess, but maybe it's related to the Valentine's Day stuff.
Nope. It's actually a list-handling error for the switch between C++ to Lua, involving null values and truncation that affect initializing of lockers and chest, etc.
EDIT: Derp, you were talking about the heart forge. Oops.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 04:08:52 pm by Flandre »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: February 19, 2014, 04:08:43 pm »

the fuck is a heart forge?
pretty sure he meant that. :P

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7429 on: February 19, 2014, 04:09:20 pm »

Yeah, I need to learn to read. c;

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: February 19, 2014, 10:53:21 pm »

Server crashes whenever someone joins. I'm going to leave the server down until something gets fixed. Sorry folks. :( It will return soon though

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: February 20, 2014, 12:19:03 am »

No pressure, I'd imagine a large amount of players are waiting anyway for a fix for containers. I know I am.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7432 on: February 20, 2014, 02:39:01 am »

I just got another update. Not going to risk going on until it's been tested though.

Shame they had to release this series of crashy updates on my holiday week... So much playing time lost... So many hours spent being unexpectedly productive with real-world concerns, it's a tragedy. : (

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: February 20, 2014, 03:23:17 am »

another patch just out now 227mb that fixes the various bugs

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: February 20, 2014, 03:24:09 am »

Here's the post about this hotfix.

I'm going to highlight these bits in particular:
This hotfix addresses the issues with deleting containers in world.  It also introduces an auto-backup on upconverting files from old versions, as well as a unix log style rotating backup.

If your containers have been deleted from your world, the only thing we can recommend is restore from backup.  The data is gone and we cannot retrieve it. :(

If your ship’s locker or ship’s fuel hatch are missing, you will need to delete your .shipworld file.
(emphasis mine)

So the problem's fixed, there's auto-backup just in case, and if you don't have a manual backup from before hand, there's nothing that can be done to restore anything lost. Beta is beta.

Edit: There's another quickfix on the way, should be out in the morning Chucklefish time.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:28:20 am by Leyic »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: February 20, 2014, 10:23:57 am »

Good thing that an old mod actually prevented Starbound from starting before I had a chance to back up my folders. (but I had a backup in Dropbox from days ago when I last played anyway).

Since I normally move my saved universe ("universe" and "player" folders) between my home and work computer via Dropbox, I'm always making backups, also I regularly delete the planet files to minimize space, and to get untouched planets every time :D

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: February 20, 2014, 11:32:20 am »

Seems stable enough! Server's up. :)

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #7437 on: February 20, 2014, 12:47:45 pm »

Did you revert the universe files for some reason? My homeworld seems to be a couple weeks out of date. :-\
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: February 20, 2014, 01:42:33 pm »

Oops, mispost.

Since I am here anyway, Greibird has joined the server, stand in awe as my complete lack of aesthetic design lowers property values everywhere in the sector.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:20:45 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: February 20, 2014, 03:52:36 pm »

Did you revert the universe files for some reason? My homeworld seems to be a couple weeks out of date. :-\
My homeworld has been set back as well. I have alerted Tylui.
Pages: 1 ... 494 495 [496] 497 498 ... 565