Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944489 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #7305 on: February 12, 2014, 03:03:17 am »

There has not been any case of intentional fighting, ever, on Tylui's server when I've been around. And I'm around a fair amount of the day. So you're covered there. Besides, only in X is PvP allowed, and PvP is not possible between party members anyway. You'd pretty much have to intentionally request PvP.

Me and Tylui are both west coast US. Noon for us is 8 PM GMT+0.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:05:16 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7306 on: February 12, 2014, 03:06:13 am »

Not likely that we'll be online at the same time then, other than possibly on the weekends. That's a 9 hour time difference. It is possible that if I play in the morning sometime before work, you'll still be up.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: February 12, 2014, 10:42:26 am »

ugh, i still need to finish building the server box >_>

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7308 on: February 12, 2014, 03:25:12 pm »

Does anyone know what Matter blocks are used for? The Makeshift Armor is way worse than the Durasteel armor I already have, is there anything else?

Also, where do I need to go in the Delta sector to get some really good weapons- I need something good enough to handle the last boss and keep me alive in Sector X.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7309 on: February 12, 2014, 03:29:19 pm »

Also, where do I need to go in the Delta sector to get some really good weapons- I need something good enough to handle the last boss and keep me alive in Sector X.

Good question. I've only found a couple of chests on all the delta worlds I've visited, and none of them had anything of use in them. It's very disappointing.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: February 12, 2014, 03:34:09 pm »

Same as any other sector: in the next sector. Or, craft them yourself, look for the bird airship.

Then get ~50 or so turrets and place them in alternating directions on a large, flat place. Summon the boss there. They won't do much damage, but they'll help distract it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: February 12, 2014, 04:04:53 pm »

As it is the ones you craft yourself at the end of the current tier will always have better dps than what you can find. That's bound to change. That being said, you can find weapons that will better suit your playstyle, at the cost of overall DPS. For example I have a hammer with just 3500 dps, where the craftable impervium hammer is 4444. But, as it does 5k+ per swing, I like it better. it's much slower, but I like it much better.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: February 12, 2014, 08:08:42 pm »

I do fear personally that crafting could end up useless (and for some pieces of equipment... YEP they really are...) or overpowered.

It is rare I see a game actually get the balance right.

But I cannot base it off of the game as it is currently. Which is an odd "functional" state. (odd in that... it is probably the most functional alpha I've seen.)

---

Also I know no one will agree with me... But would anyone rather spears.. Aim rather then their current linear attack? I actually find the lack of an upward slash to work against me a lot more then the extra range aided me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:14:18 pm by Neonivek »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: February 12, 2014, 08:24:33 pm »

Also I know no one will agree with me... But would anyone rather spears.. Aim rather then their current linear attack? I actually find the lack of an upward slash to work against me a lot more then the extra range aided me.
Good god man you are pessimistic.

I agree completely. In fact, I believe every weapon needs directional attacks.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: February 12, 2014, 08:47:48 pm »

Oops. Server crashed without me knowing it! It's back up now.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold
« Reply #7315 on: February 12, 2014, 09:05:48 pm »

I think aimed attacks are planned for spears!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: February 12, 2014, 09:08:03 pm »

Also does the double jump work or am I not doing it right?

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: February 12, 2014, 09:28:52 pm »

Make sure it's equipped and not merely locked in. You can have 4 locked in techs, but you have to select only one on your inventory screen. Basically you can only use one at a time, but carry around 4.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: February 12, 2014, 09:34:11 pm »

Make sure it's equipped and not merely locked in. You can have 4 locked in techs, but you have to select only one on your inventory screen. Basically you can only use one at a time, but carry around 4.

That is an odd system.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: February 12, 2014, 10:22:50 pm »

That is an odd system.
Theres plans to be less awkward.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 565