Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944927 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #6195 on: December 21, 2013, 08:41:52 am »

Is anyone else on Forsaken's server, by the way? That's where I've been playing. I do notice some lag when fighting - creatures hit me before they get close enough, so I just have to swing wildly until the damage numbers show up. Otherwise it seems to be running well.

I found my first group of lava caves underground. I mined next to one of them and watched the critters bouncing around inside for a minute before one of them landed in the lava and went POOF in a bright flash of light. So, I guess... Don't touch the lava?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: December 21, 2013, 10:21:15 am »

Lava inflicts the Melting debuff, which causes you to take 100 damage regardless of armor.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: December 21, 2013, 10:39:55 am »

Clearly it is Cougarstory.
If I had a reason to change it, thats sounds both dramatic and silly, Soli. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: December 21, 2013, 11:09:59 am »

Wolfeyez and I hit the X Sector. We're starting to collect cerulium from threat level 7 planets. I have enough bars to make us both tech upgrades, but no actual equipment.
Aegisalt comes first. Thanks to the unfinished upper tiers you have to take yourself through them as if there were different sectors for each ore.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: December 21, 2013, 11:42:39 am »

How do you mix food? Not cook, using the stove or campfire, but recipes using food items to create better food. Are they only available via schematics? Do they unlock automatically when you have all the ingredients in your inventory at the same time? Do they require a special work table that I don't yet have access to? (In gamma sector currently.)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #6200 on: December 21, 2013, 11:51:35 am »

There's a cooking table. Needs planks and copper. It's always available. Check your crafting table carefully.

SilverSynch

• Bay Watcher
  • The Inconcivable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: December 21, 2013, 01:33:02 pm »

Lots and lots of .abc songs that theoretically can be played in Starbound. Change the last letter in the URL to view other songs.

I love how the word "theoretically" was used, as Starbound uses it's own standard for .abc, as easyABC and Maestro/LoTRO do.
You would be lucky to hear the opening notes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: December 21, 2013, 01:36:53 pm »

Lots and lots of .abc songs that theoretically can be played in Starbound. Change the last letter in the URL to view other songs.

I love how the word "theoretically" was used, as Starbound uses it's own standard for .abc, as easyABC and Maestro/LoTRO do.

If those were made with any sort of standard, surely it wouldn't be hard to write a program that converted them to Starbound standard abc songs.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: December 21, 2013, 02:21:29 pm »

If those were made with any sort of standard, surely it wouldn't be hard to write a program that converted them to Starbound standard abc songs.

The ones that I've heard that sounded decent seemed to be manually adjusted to work properly. I'm far from competent enough at music theory to do this myself though, so I kinda hope the MML idea goes through at some point, even though I don't expect anything to come of it from what I've heard.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: December 21, 2013, 03:11:27 pm »

I've already had a stab at converting MIDI files into usable Starbound ABC files using LoTRO ABC Converter, a legacy version of Maestro. It really depends which song you choose, and how many instruments you cut out.
For example, a very Final Fantasy 4 Boss Theme, piano only, worked pretty much perfectly in Starbound, whereas a Golden Sun battle theme did not, as it had far more notes.

Generally, for the best conversion MIDI -> LOTRO ABC and hoping it works in starbound, is the less notes and the more similar the instruments, the better.

At least, that's what I've noticed.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: December 21, 2013, 05:09:27 pm »

Clearly it is Cougarstory.
If I had a reason to change it, thats sounds both dramatic and silly, Soli. :)

Speaking of which, could you PM me the password assuming it's particularly secretive?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: December 21, 2013, 05:28:21 pm »

its not particularly secretive. Bay12 tends to use the same password for mp games afaik.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: December 21, 2013, 05:31:35 pm »

its not particularly secretive. Bay12 tends to use the same password for mp games afaik.

And that would be...?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: December 21, 2013, 06:13:44 pm »

Glory to the Toad?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile