Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945036 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5940 on: December 16, 2013, 07:46:29 pm »

What am I supposed to do with this jelly? I can't find the thing I need to make.

I think you make the next star chart upgrade, but I think it doesn't show until you get the Durasteel Tech thingamabob.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: December 16, 2013, 08:06:19 pm »

What am I supposed to do with this jelly? I can't find the thing I need to make.

I think you make the next star chart upgrade, but I think it doesn't show until you get the Durasteel Tech thingamabob.
Nevermind, I figured it out after I asked. Durasteel tech gives the next sector along with.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: December 16, 2013, 08:33:41 pm »

So I found some weird layer in a L1 Forest planet (I thought I was digging down in a moon and only realized it was a planet afterwards explaining how darn long it took to even get to the magmarock layer).

It had plantrock (or something like that) and hivestone. The former = plant...rock. Literally leaf-rock, and the latter = some kind of organic mess of green mulch.

Description of the former is mundane. Description of the latter is...um.

Something akin to 'the remains of creatures...[I think I see an eyeball]".

Surprisingly, the latter is a lot tougher to crack with a Platinum pick than the former (which is like dirt in comparison).

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: December 16, 2013, 08:43:41 pm »

If people have any green goop looking blocks I would still like them. I'm looking for the slime stuff for the base of my tree. It needs nutrients in its roots.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: December 16, 2013, 08:50:15 pm »

If people have any green goop looking blocks I would still like them. I'm looking for the slime stuff for the base of my tree. It needs nutrients in its roots.
I have a slime layer on my planet. Next time I'm on, feel free to mine.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: December 16, 2013, 08:57:11 pm »

I love my slime layer. It's hard not to want to dig it all out and build EVERYTHING out of it.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5946 on: December 16, 2013, 09:28:53 pm »

Coming back to this after Beta. The server is dead, and frankly, the game is pretty boring once you get the hang of things.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #5947 on: December 16, 2013, 09:34:41 pm »

Yeah, that. It's got a lot of potential, but it's pretty limited right now. Looking forward to it in the future though!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: December 16, 2013, 10:31:10 pm »

Yeah, that. It's got a lot of potential, but it's pretty limited right now. Looking forward to it in the future though!

More stuff like the flying saucer would be awesome. I love the idea of epic battles tearing apart the landscape as you fight to defend your base from destruction.

FTL-style battles would be quite awesome as well.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: December 16, 2013, 11:52:52 pm »

Digging into flesh blocks crossed with layers of bones is both awesome and creepy, maybe thats how tentacle planets happen. It was in my first planet too.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #5950 on: December 17, 2013, 12:28:54 pm »

What the... This thread is on the second page? Hasn't been added to since I left for work this morning?

I guess the enthusiasm is waning.

I just got my first flesh layer. Ewwwwwww. Is... Is this planet alive? Did I mine into a giant underground amoeba of some sort? There's bones all over the place! Also a random blueprint for a table I didn't need.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5951 on: December 17, 2013, 12:34:37 pm »

Is there something wrong with the town planet on Forsaken's server?
I am asking because when I beam down to the planet with those coordinates, I see no town and the ground is of ice and snow.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5952 on: December 17, 2013, 01:09:41 pm »

Is there something wrong with the town planet on Forsaken's server?
I am asking because when I beam down to the planet with those coordinates, I see no town and the ground is of ice and snow.
Are you in the right sector, and are you on the right planet/moon?

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5953 on: December 17, 2013, 01:33:15 pm »

Alright, I've just made my way into Beta sector, and I've got a lot of raw materials but I'm struggling for money. Any tips on getting pixels, or on finding temples/bases/etc to get pixels?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5954 on: December 17, 2013, 01:43:00 pm »

Alright, I've just made my way into Beta sector, and I've got a lot of raw materials but I'm struggling for money. Any tips on getting pixels, or on finding temples/bases/etc to get pixels?
Make a refinery, shove it full of the silver you don't need anymore, then the extra gold you are going to get, then the copper you will only be using to fix your digging tool.  You should be fine with pixels from then on.
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 [397] 398 399 ... 565