Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944882 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5175 on: December 11, 2013, 08:17:14 am »

So, does anyone have an Asia / Oceania, or even West US server up?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: December 11, 2013, 08:20:16 am »

How come your demons birds spew blood? Mine breathes fire and poops acid.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: December 11, 2013, 08:21:43 am »

It's that special day of the galactic calendar on that planet. It happened to one of my planets too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: December 11, 2013, 08:37:53 am »

Wow, found an ape science lab, and managed to knock off a nice spear/polearm from a guard. It swings slow, but hits for 13(making total dps...well 13), which is MUCH better than that crappy sword you start with. I'm almost one-shotting mobs on the starting planet  :D

As an aside, I'm stocking up on coal, due to needing to fly around the local system. Silver ore seems to be absent from my starting planet, though I've found a fair amount of copper, and a metric fuckton of iron. Also, ramdom access violations are annoying....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: December 11, 2013, 08:50:16 am »

I didn't even know wood had been a fuel source until I read it no longer was.
In my little testing yesterday I found 300 coal through just walking to the left for a few minutes and digging whatever veins was visible on the surface of my starter planet. So as long as the ore balance is what it is, getting enough fuel doesn't seem to be a problem for me.

How come your demons birds spew blood? Mine breathes fire and poops acid.

Mine dropped exploding shurikens.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:52:01 am by olemars »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: December 11, 2013, 08:54:11 am »

The least demon-like bird I found is one that breaths cold air and swoops down to kill you.

Birds too hardcore. Please nerf.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: December 11, 2013, 08:54:23 am »

Well my first attempt at modding was me attempting to turn a stonepickaxe into a platinumpickaxe via copy-paste from another character's raw (Turns out my pre-wipe characters still have their raws in there. I wonder if you could manually 'update' them?

But yes. Needless to say I have crashed my game, so will probably need to delete that character and re-start.

Word from the (now slightly more) wise, kids. Backup your files first!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:59:29 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: December 11, 2013, 09:04:55 am »

My starting planet birds were using a mixture of exploding acid blasts, exploding fire bombs, cutting air waves, and machinegun bursts. And some of the land monsters were breathing bees at me. That was a fun world.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: December 11, 2013, 09:20:52 am »

My first starter world after buying the game actually had the spawn on top of a narrow spire hundreds of tiles high. If I stayed at spawn more than a few seconds I started to freeze to death. The only other option was to fall off the sides and land on some narrow ledges along the way, some of which were populated by angry goatlizards.

I eventually rerolled.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: December 11, 2013, 09:21:35 am »

The birds are annoying, but the ground enemies with lightning really take the cake. So much knockback Dx

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: December 11, 2013, 09:29:54 am »

I don't know if it's due to damage while in the air or just bad luck when choosing a sparring partner, but whenever I'm hit while in the air I go flying. This has led to my demise a few times when a falling bird carcass hits me and launches me off of a mountain.

That leads to another thing. I get damaged by falling carcasses. I did not think that used to be a thing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: December 11, 2013, 09:49:10 am »

I didn't even know wood had been a fuel source until I read it no longer was.
In my little testing yesterday I found 300 coal through just walking to the left for a few minutes and digging whatever veins was visible on the surface of my starter planet. So as long as the ore balance is what it is, getting enough fuel doesn't seem to be a problem for me.
Same here, I never noticed that you could use wood because I always had plenty of fuel. That said, a charcoal mod that lets you refine wood into coal at a 5-1ish ratio is a good thing in my book, because in addition to the fuckhuge amounts of coal I end up finding while exploring, I also find all these massive stacks of wood.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: December 11, 2013, 09:57:23 am »

There are birds on my floran's starting world that spit streams of bubbles. Bubbles that routinely deal upwards of 60 damage but also have very little knockback from what I can tell. Getting caught in a bubble stream is generally instant death, despite being a water-type attack and my character being plant-type.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: December 11, 2013, 10:08:02 am »

That leads to another thing. I get damaged by falling carcasses. I did not think that used to be a thing.
I've been pretty consistently getting hit by dead stuff since day one. Honestly makes combat a bit of a pain in the arse, since everything and its little sibling gets a free, incredibly hard to predict, death charge in. Attrition, attrition, everywhere. Unless I wall it in, anyway. I've been doing that a lot this latest update :-\

Mostly hoping eventual optimization clears that and the seeming-desync (hitting monsters that are meters away from the swing, getting hit by stuff that's on the wrong part of the screen, etc.) up, bleh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: December 11, 2013, 10:29:34 am »

My Apex's starting world's birds spit exploding acid at me, so I got in close.  Then it started spitting lightning.  It's probably the first creature I encountered on a Threat 1 world that has multiple attacks.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 565