Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945191 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #5055 on: December 10, 2013, 07:07:44 pm »

One thing that's frustrating, are people who say "beta is beta, don't complain about poor balance or bugs."  Beta IS beta, this isn't a situation where you see an unfinished movie and they fill in the CG Animations slowly to make a finished product.  A movie will be produced without any audience participation.  A game's beta is there for people to complain.  Rational complaints "X Boss is really hard to beat" is good feedback.  Irrational complaints "X Boss is impossible to beat with any weapons" is the feedback they need to make the game better.

If no one complains about how broken the beta is, then it will never get fixed.  Imagine going to the mechanic, pulling you car in the garage, sitting in silence for 30 minutes, and then leaving.  You gotta say exactly what's wrong if you expect it to get fixed.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: December 10, 2013, 07:10:27 pm »

Totally agree. The entire point is to complain about how bad things are so they know what to fix, rather than to enjoy any kind of finished product. I will never understand why people are so happy to just take when they are fed!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5057 on: December 10, 2013, 07:11:19 pm »

Stop sending me PMs. I posted the IP in the thread a page back.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: December 10, 2013, 07:12:18 pm »

Hopefully the new fuel types will alleviate people's concerns over travel. It might be worthwhile making a fuel stockpile on a standard planet for Forsaken's B12 server, just so new explorers can explore, while lumberjacks and miners strip entire planets. Easy coordinates to remember. -1,-1? Or somewhere central? Who knows? An fairly low level dump planet for excess fuel/weapons/crafts and just as a meeting point for people sounds like a good idea though.
It's a game. Have fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: December 10, 2013, 07:13:34 pm »

Totally agree. The entire point is to complain about how bad things are so they know what to fix, rather than to enjoy any kind of finished product. I will never understand why people are so happy to just take when they are fed!
Woah, what? We state being happy on one change--this displays what the 'good' of this change is. Then people can compare it to the bad and see how it factors out. :S

On that note, I really want the knockback system (related to guns) to be...at least related to the gun type. I see different kinds of bullets per gun (and different bullets of the same guntype) but they seem to be for aesthetic purposes only at the moment? All bullets seem...the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: December 10, 2013, 07:16:42 pm »

Well, there are rocket launchers with AoE, but that's a bit limited.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: December 10, 2013, 07:18:32 pm »

Oh for Kluex's sake.. Just when I started downloading the latest update, Steam decided to stop working.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: December 10, 2013, 07:20:26 pm »

Huh, likewise.  Odd.  Steam normally behaves for me.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: December 10, 2013, 07:29:22 pm »

You know what Starbound needs? Local chat. All chat is broadcasted over the server, IIRC, which is kinda detrimental to any sort of RP server.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: December 10, 2013, 07:31:36 pm »

You know what Starbound needs? Local chat. All chat is broadcasted over the server, IIRC, which is kinda detrimental to any sort of RP server.

I know you can toggle it from server-wide to planet-wide...no idea if you can toggle it to just local screen.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: December 10, 2013, 07:32:07 pm »

Everyone is working very hard to save Chucklefish money on the game testing phase. From what I've heard, they don't make game testers purchase their test copies of the games. So while your labor is less intense, you also had to shell out cash money for an unfinished game.

Don't work too hard now, is all I'm saying. You're allowed a 15 minute break every 4 hours on the job.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: December 10, 2013, 07:33:19 pm »

And now Steam works again.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: December 10, 2013, 07:38:30 pm »

Honestly its beta, I see no reason not to make the IP public. We know there is gonna be a char wipe anyway and I am tired of PMing people.

The server IP is muse.dyndns.tv

Just to save Forsaken1111 a massively bloated PM box, and so others don't have to search, here's the IP for the server. So yeah, the IP is that.

He's doing the bay12 community a public service, and there are search buttons and that, so problem sovled. For now......
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:41:00 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: December 10, 2013, 07:44:56 pm »

Is anyone else connected to Forsaken's server? I can't. Is there anything else to add?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: December 10, 2013, 07:45:18 pm »

So the patch introduced the "server account" textbox when joining a server. What would I put in it? (if you do put anything in it)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 565