Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945055 times)

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4965 on: December 10, 2013, 01:07:35 pm »

Could I also get the server details for your starbound server, Forsaken?
This. :)

Also, from Twitter, 20mn ago:
Today's update MAY not require a character wipe, but we will need to do at least one more character wipe in the future. @kyrenn says sorry!
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: December 10, 2013, 01:08:11 pm »

Meh, update didn't fix the crashes.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: December 10, 2013, 01:19:47 pm »

3GB is hardly large. Its pretty average, if not below average, for games these days.

The B12 community has a disproportionately large amount of people with extremely old computers and very low-end internet. When I played some game with a group of B12ers last year, a large minority of people playing were on 56k modems.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: December 10, 2013, 01:20:52 pm »

I'm updating the server now.

Could I get the server details please? :) I just bought Starbound (well last night) and would like to play with B12 community :)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: December 10, 2013, 01:23:20 pm »

To wait for the patch, or not to wait. That is the question.

EDIT: Also, where's the best place to follow for news updates?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4970 on: December 10, 2013, 01:26:19 pm »

I've sent the IP to everyone who has asked I believe. Let me know if I missed you.

Keep in mind that beta games have glitches. :P

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4971 on: December 10, 2013, 01:32:46 pm »

I would like the multiplayer info as well, if I can, though I probably won't be able to play until at least tomorrow.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: December 10, 2013, 01:41:39 pm »

I've sent the IP to everyone who has asked I believe. Let me know if I missed you.

Keep in mind that beta games have glitches. :P

Missed me, since I didn't get around to ask yet.
How many players can a server take anyway?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: December 10, 2013, 01:42:34 pm »

I'd like the IP as well please, I may get on there tonight.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: December 10, 2013, 01:43:22 pm »

Hey forsaken, can I has IP?

EDIT: I just found a Legendary Sword with a DPS of... 9.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:48:33 pm by Sergius »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: December 10, 2013, 01:45:31 pm »

3GB is hardly large. Its pretty average, if not below average, for games these days.

The B12 community has a disproportionately large amount of people with extremely old computers and very low-end internet. When I played some game with a group of B12ers last year, a large minority of people playing were on 56k modems.
Dude, I am pretty sure you cannot log in into steam with 56k modems. Its updates itself would take half a day, and it updates pretty frequently.
Also they would never be able to download or even find a server with speeds below 512kb. It takes a lot of traffic to play Starbound.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4976 on: December 10, 2013, 01:48:34 pm »

Dude, I am pretty sure you cannot log in into steam with 56k modems. Its updates itself would take half a day, and it updates pretty frequently.
Also they would never be able to download or even find a server with speeds below 512kb. It takes a lot of traffic to play Starbound.

I hope my connection will be able to handle it... I rarely get anything over 250 kb/s. I *pay* for 3 MB/s, but naturally that's not what I get, thank you very much O2 Telefonica bastards.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: December 10, 2013, 01:50:28 pm »

Oh goodie. At least I learned my lesson about leaving my ship unattended in multiplayer now with the loss of most of my food, rather than later with things of real value. I'd hoped that we were all above that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: December 10, 2013, 01:54:00 pm »

I hope my connection will be able to handle it... I rarely get anything over 250 kb/s. I *pay* for 3 MB/s, but naturally that's not what I get, thank you very much O2 Telefonica bastards.
...I get 1.5MB/s (that's MegaBytes/second) on my tablet's internal 3G modem. I mean, I understand that 3G isn't the cheapest option around, and not present everywhere, but damn. I pay less for it than I do for my 10MBit landline.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: December 10, 2013, 01:55:17 pm »

Oh goodie. At least I learned my lesson about leaving my ship unattended in multiplayer now with the loss of most of my food, rather than later with things of real value. I'd hoped that we were all above that.

Can people get on your ship if they're not in a party with you?
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 565