Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945133 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4665 on: December 09, 2013, 01:15:34 am »

It is right here.
Why would you actually mention bay12?
Am I the only one who remembers when we were on the front page of reddit and the forums were total crap for the day? Outside content is bad in all its forms...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: December 09, 2013, 01:18:42 am »

God damn. I have no idea because of the "Tomorrow" thing if I'm better off going to bed now, or waiting till about 4am to see if the patch goes live at 12:00 GMT so I can get a sneak peek before my friends.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4667 on: December 09, 2013, 01:23:53 am »

It is right here.
Why would you actually mention bay12?
Am I the only one who remembers when we were on the front page of reddit and the forums were total crap for the day? Outside content is bad in all its forms...

I'm sure it will be fine. They were Bay12 suggestions, and I didn't want to take specific credit for everything, because it isn't mine!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: December 09, 2013, 01:24:42 am »

God damn. I have no idea because of the "Tomorrow" thing if I'm better off going to bed now, or waiting till about 4am to see if the patch goes live at 12:00 GMT so I can get a sneak peek before my friends.
Stay up, get drunk, party hard... It isn't like you only get to live once or anything like that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: December 09, 2013, 01:25:15 am »

Done. Posted a big combat thread covering the length of all of the combat suggestions, mostly from darkmere.

It is right here.

I am 90% sure this doesn't violate the megathread rule, as I believe it's more to smack down single users making a "PROFESSORDOCTORSCIENCE'S SUGGESTIONS" and not to make notes on a particular large category of the game. Also I saw another broad combat suggestion thread, so I assume it's fine. I guess we'll see if it's a smoking crater by the time I wake up, and if it is I'll break things up a little more.
Could I at least recommend you don't act like you're Bay12's unequivocal spokesperson.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: December 09, 2013, 01:28:31 am »

Yeah I'm kinda in agreement that mention of Bay12 be stricken from our threads over there. I'd prefer we not draw attention to ourselves from those who would be inclined to flame or troll.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: December 09, 2013, 01:30:35 am »

Could I at least recommend you don't act like you're Bay12's unequivocal spokesperson.

Yes, don't do this. It's even more annoying than trying to read through some of the "typing" those people on that other board do.

Stay up, get drunk, party hard... It isn't like you only get to live once or anything like that.

One out of three so far isn't bad I guess.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: December 09, 2013, 01:31:51 am »

Yeah I'm kinda in agreement that mention of Bay12 be stricken from our threads over there. I'd prefer we not draw attention to ourselves from those who would be inclined to flame or troll.
Instead of calling it Bay12, refer to it as "another forum." Or "a forum." Or "a forum which will go unnamed due to requests for anonymity."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: December 09, 2013, 01:33:40 am »

Honestly, I really don't give a damn if you are taking credit for the work of the community in general. What sort of reward would you be keeping from us, a gold star? Keep it bro...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: December 09, 2013, 01:33:51 am »

At the same time, if we're posting decent suggestions and devs take notice and get someone in the company to watch this thread, that could be productive.  It's a bit boasting to say we're a step above other communities in terms of maturity and knowing how to balance games (no, infinite gold is not a good suggestion) so if someone were watching, they might get better feedback than us trying to sprinkle suggestions over their disorganized boards.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: December 09, 2013, 01:34:34 am »

Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 147922 times)

Or they could heed what the collective opinions here are. By actually joining the conversation.

e: Ninja'd by Girlinhat.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:36:12 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: December 09, 2013, 01:35:46 am »

...Why doesn't someone simply PM one of the devs, link them to this thread, and ask that the general community there not know about us?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: December 09, 2013, 01:36:01 am »

Share your custom armors!

I need inspiration :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: December 09, 2013, 01:42:24 am »

no, infinite gold is not a good suggestion
Did somebody actually suggest this here, or there?
Seriously, people don't know what they want in their games...

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: December 09, 2013, 01:43:14 am »

They don't completely ignore us. Nothing says they don't watch without logging in, and we have gotten some insider info before.

That said, we're not any different than any other site. Would you want one of the SomethingAwful goons to go over there and say "Hey there's a lot of us and we game and we're smart, our ideas are clearly better"? Terrariaonline? Rock-Paper-Shotgun?

They're already on all the usual places, it would really be shitty to demand they give us attention just because we're us. I'd prefer we just stick to the methods they prescribe without trying to force attention to ourselves. If the ideas are good, they'll notice.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 565