Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944521 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Starbound - We have lift off.
« Reply #4020 on: December 06, 2013, 12:50:31 pm »

Is there any way to safely store pixels?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: December 06, 2013, 12:50:42 pm »

How do you grow food, anyway?
You need to craft a stone hoe, use that on some dirt, then plant your seeds. You harvest by pressing 'e' (like using the teleporter). You don't start with many seeds so it's worth going up to your ship and using the 3D printer to make more. Put one in the scan slot, hit scan, leave the GUI, and it gives you another seed (repeat as needed).

If it's any consolation I'm finding the platforming fiddly too, and I like platformers.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: December 06, 2013, 12:52:07 pm »

I found a medical beacon in some chest. I placed it on my ship and went back on planet. When I came back to my ship this strange guy was also there. He wanted to sell me red stimpacks, bandages, and medical kits. I decided not to buy anything as I was low on funds. I was testing my sword swing and the medical merchant decided to leave. It was...um...a difference of opinions. Yeah. He left with no ill will. Very strange teleport he had though. Almost looked like a spray of blood.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: December 06, 2013, 12:53:22 pm »

Just barely defeated the UFO with sniper rifle and using all healing stimpacks, now i'm confused how do i make steel. Nothing new shows on metalworking station so i'm bit confused. Also stole whole laboratory mini-dungeon and put it on my ship.

Can you somehow change where you beam down ?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: December 06, 2013, 12:56:49 pm »

SuperMeatboy type level?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ahaha. There was a pulse jump at the end of this long platforming section.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:27:56 pm by BigD145 »

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:13 pm »

How do you cheese the 3rd tier boss? I'd like to know before I "try" to beat him. And do you unlock the durasteel stuff after beating him?

Also, how far up do you have to go to find asteroids?

Antur: That's one of the more requested features. Hopefully they'll put it in soon-ish

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:59 pm »

Just barely defeated the UFO with sniper rifle and using all healing stimpacks, now i'm confused how do i make steel. Nothing new shows on metalworking station so i'm bit confused. Also stole whole laboratory mini-dungeon and put it on my ship.

Where did you find a sniper rifle?!!?!?! or any gun?!?!!?!?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: December 06, 2013, 01:00:32 pm »

Server is back on for kicks, i leave this thing on but never hop on :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: December 06, 2013, 01:02:54 pm »

You can try climbing up any anchor/chain. Avian ship at the top. It's a long way up.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: December 06, 2013, 01:03:18 pm »

How do you make steel? I have the metalworking bench thingy but there's no option
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4030 on: December 06, 2013, 01:04:30 pm »

How do you grow food, anyway?
You need to craft a stone hoe, use that on some dirt, then plant your seeds. You harvest by pressing 'e' (like using the teleporter). You don't start with many seeds so it's worth going up to your ship and using the 3D printer to make more. Put one in the scan slot, hit scan, leave the GUI, and it gives you another seed (repeat as needed).

If it's any consolation I'm finding the platforming fiddly too, and I like platformers.

I put a seed in, hit scan, the seed disappeared. Closed the printer, nothing happened. Opened it again, nothing happened. I seem to have just lost my seed, and it won't even let me print new ones. There's nothing in my schematics list.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: December 06, 2013, 01:04:56 pm »

Oh, by the way, I'm not sure if anyones confirmed yet, but I'm currently growin bananas on my ship, so you can grow things on your ship if you put down some dirt.

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: December 06, 2013, 01:10:10 pm »

Got it from avian ship merchant after stealing their anchor and climbing up, not sure if it's better than iron bow though. Around the same delay, you just don't need to bother with arrow drop.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: December 06, 2013, 01:14:59 pm »

I put a seed in, hit scan, the seed disappeared. Closed the printer, nothing happened. Opened it again, nothing happened. I seem to have just lost my seed, and it won't even let me print new ones. There's nothing in my schematics list.
It should be in the scan list now so you can make more. That's super weird if it's not there.

Anyway, on-planet you can hunt critters with the bow for meat, or press 'e' on background plants to harvest them for fruit and seeds.

Matter manipulator is mostly for removing decorations, for mining you want the pick and for chopping down trees the axe. Both are pretty cheap to make so you should get those first.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #4034 on: December 06, 2013, 01:20:34 pm »

It should be in the scan list now so you can make more. That's super weird if it's not there.

Anyway, on-planet you can hunt critters with the bow for meat, or press 'e' on background plants to harvest them for fruit and seeds.

Matter manipulator is mostly for removing decorations, for mining you want the pick and for chopping down trees the axe. Both are pretty cheap to make so you should get those first.

Finally figured out how to make the stone tools, so mining is a lot faster now. Currently trying to make a farming area safe from the creepy crawlies outside. I scanned two different seeds into the 3d printer but neither appeared on the list. List is empty. Maybe it's because they're starting seeds, from being a Flora?
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 565