Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945142 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Commencing countdown... Engines on!
« Reply #3180 on: December 04, 2013, 01:53:13 am »

;) Ya-hoo!

So, who will be organizing the Bay12 interplanetary exploration and acquisition efforts, and what sort of hellhole will we be setting down on first..?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: December 04, 2013, 02:26:16 am »

Sounds great. With luck, there will be some way that we can permanently pollute or corrupt the local environment!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: December 04, 2013, 02:35:53 am »

If you wait for a reasonable sale, I might be willing to ante up for that. For great B12 justice, and all.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:37:24 am by Ibid Straydrink »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: December 04, 2013, 02:52:41 am »

Once this comes out on steam, depending on the price, I may host a little giveaway. Be warned that it may never materialise.

I will throw in a few copies as well
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: December 04, 2013, 03:30:49 am »

Just an important note for everyone planning a server. Last I heard there's almost no real security, no server-side characters and little in the way of admin commands. It would be a smart idea to go the Terraria route I've seen on here and make the server address by PM only.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: December 04, 2013, 03:33:40 am »

9hrs left, good ip janet...

In another nothe, this is the first song im going to play while playing the beta
http://youtu.be/s9MszVE7aR4

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: December 04, 2013, 03:38:27 am »

Just an important note for everyone planning a server. Last I heard there's almost no real security, no server-side characters and little in the way of admin commands. It would be a smart idea to go the Terraria route I've seen on here and make the server address by PM only.
Wait... I can understand the lack of security, and lack of admin functionality, but client side characters? That is the kind of thing that you kind of want to do the right way from the start otherwise it takes more effort to change it.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: December 04, 2013, 04:13:12 am »

Considering it's a thing they've wanted as an option in addition to server side characters from nearly the start I'm pretty sure they've left room for both.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: December 04, 2013, 04:19:06 am »

Ah, well if you want it as an option that is understandable... Although I'm not sure why you would ever want client side profiles, but what ever.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: December 04, 2013, 04:21:20 am »

Because sometimes people don't cheat but don't want issues with a particular person always hosting? I can see plenty of reasons assuming they make the save system annoying to crack or mark itself if it's modified.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: December 04, 2013, 04:27:29 am »

And some people like offline play. And some people might like to bring other people's offline characters over for a big romp on a mutual server. Client-side profiles are an entirely normal thing to have for a game that's not exclusively multiplayer.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: December 04, 2013, 05:10:22 am »

F. F. F. F. F. With asterixes etc.

I was pretty damn sure these guys were going to go into the new year before release. Bugger.

Oh well. I just (finally) got a decent job, and some people need some presents in the new year (about 2 weeks into it). Stuff was happening before hand.

So, if anyone won that comp for beta release keys about 13 months ago that I said I'd pay for, guess what? They'll cost me 25% more, but I'll make good on them. Finally.

*hangs-head-in-shame*

"I really thought they were just fucking with us on a 2013 release. Screw it, 11 more dwarves playing Starbound can finally be done."

No, I don't know who won the comp. Yes, the 11 that did will get their keys (or 7, or 8, or whatever. Probably 11, I'll buy 3 4-packs, even at no discount. Let's go laser shit). 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:13:35 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: December 04, 2013, 07:29:04 am »

I think most of them were taken care of but I am not sure. I think several of us bought extra copies to cover, but a few might have slipped through. The bad news is that you can only buy one 4 pack, and that includes one copy for yourself. The annoying Steam system will not let you take advantage of the 4 pack more than once.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: December 04, 2013, 08:02:08 am »

If you buy direct from Chucklefish, it would appear that you can get as many four-packs as you want. Lowest tier is $15 each, 4 for $45.

I don't know if that will persist past launch, though.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: December 04, 2013, 08:46:03 am »

So.. what to do for four hours.. Got plenty of games but.. Not sure if I feel like playing them right now.. Maybe I should watch a few anime episodes?
Maybe some other time-wasters would help?
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 565