Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944742 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - Commencing countdown... Engines on!
« Reply #3135 on: December 03, 2013, 08:05:05 pm »

Why is starbound so different that everyone is getting their panties in a huge sweaty bunch over this? Press copys are not a new thing, and preordering is just preordering, early access or not.

Just switch to a less bunched up pair and move on, it's like only two days early. I expect this sorta thing from the official forums but this is literally the last place I thought I'd see complaints about people like TB or northernlion getting it first.

And yes they're still making changes. The other day when leth was streaming a patch was pushed out, and just yesterday someone noticed an oversight with the glitch being called robots in the character creation menu.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: December 03, 2013, 08:07:04 pm »

Yea, I'm going with Janet here. That is just how things go, would it be better to just not let reviewers do their job?

Chronomancer

• Bay Watcher
  • save.us_Y2J
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 03, 2013, 08:07:19 pm »

This is celebrity endorsement in a way. Get more people interested in the game. Starbound is relatively unknown and this is a great way to garner more attention.
I LOST THE GAME

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 03, 2013, 08:09:11 pm »

Well I have a right to be annoyed...

I don't like celebrity.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 03, 2013, 08:09:58 pm »

Why is starbound so different that everyone is getting their panties in a huge sweaty bunch over this? Press copys are not a new thing, and preordering is just preordering, early access or not.

Just switch to a less bunched up pair and move on, it's like only two days early. I expect this sorta thing from the official forums but this is literally the last place I thought I'd see complaints about people like TB or northernlion getting it first.

And yes they're still making changes. The other day when leth was streaming a patch was pushed out, and just yesterday someone noticed an oversight with the glitch being called robots in the character creation menu.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:15 pm »

OHHH!!! Someone brought out the obnoxiously large gif.

It is time for the "Pat the people who make arguements you enjoy on the back with large gifs" war! :P

Quick! I need a Kitten going "I agwee wit you" Gif!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:14:00 pm by Neonivek »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: December 03, 2013, 08:13:53 pm »

I'm not entirely sure that the press people got "copies". From some of the streams, I could see they were using some sort of... remote desktop thing? Like, maybe the game is actually running in a computer at the Starbound company and not locally. That would explain if the thing was too unstable to release as a Beta, and that most of these sneak peeks have been hosted by Chucklefish.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 03, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »

I don't think we were bunching panties yet, were we? Mild wrinkling at most, if that. Maybe a crinkle or two. Because if I missed the actual panties bunching signal I think I need to go out and acquire a properly bunchable set.

I'm not quite sure what a properly bunchable set of panties would entail, exactly, but I'm fairly sure it involves tinfoil lining.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: December 03, 2013, 08:16:14 pm »

It's already started! Yeee... I love this childish, trivial, meaningless drama!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:42 pm »

It's too bad there aren't bajillions of video games available elsewhere on the Internet, even for free, that we can play to tide us over until then.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: December 03, 2013, 08:18:05 pm »

Can we all dial it back a bit? I'm no theatre major; I can't handle dramatics of this magnitude!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 03, 2013, 08:24:11 pm »

I don't think we were bunching panties yet, were we? Mild wrinkling at most, if that. Maybe a crinkle or two. Because if I missed the actual panties bunching signal I think I need to go out and acquire a properly bunchable set.

I'm not quite sure what a properly bunchable set of panties would entail, exactly, but I'm fairly sure it involves tinfoil lining.
Speaking as someone who wears panties: thin ones, usually cheap cotton but sometimes silk.  Thin material + static = goddamit where is my Starbound D:

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3147 on: December 03, 2013, 08:29:16 pm »

Speaking as someone who wears panties: thin ones, usually cheap cotton but sometimes silk.  Thin material + static = goddamit where is my Starbound D:
Hehehe.

Incidentally boxers, too, are called panties in Korea.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: December 03, 2013, 08:32:14 pm »

Hehehe.

Incidentally boxers, too, are called panties in Korea.
I don't wear them, but imagine they'd bunch up pretty badly.  Loose-fitting underwear and tight girl-jeans probably doesn't fit well together.

So wait what were we talking about?  Are we flying the stars to mine panties from the local pokemon?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: December 03, 2013, 08:34:27 pm »

Probably. The real question is whether they'll be leggings or a hat.

Or both, I guess. At some point they should totally make it so you can wear pant-things on your head, now that I think about it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 565