Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 944885 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #2205 on: August 04, 2013, 09:11:32 pm »

Increasingly larger images of the Imperial Aquila, one would assume.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: August 04, 2013, 09:13:20 pm »

I believe somebody on the forums said that the animation for traveling is about a minute long? Not totally sure on that number, though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: August 04, 2013, 11:05:07 pm »

space travel spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:23:47 pm by Nelia Hawk »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: August 05, 2013, 12:07:12 am »

I believe somebody on the forums said that the animation for traveling is about a minute long? Not totally sure on that number, though.

That is mostly because traveling is a hidden loading screen. The game is generating the system while it is "flying".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: August 05, 2013, 12:55:42 am »

I think travel time does depend on how far your destination is, but I hardly think it would ever take more than 2 minutes.

Pay $1 to travel there immediately!
Love, scriver~

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: August 05, 2013, 01:49:38 am »

I think travel time does depend on how far your destination is, but I hardly think it would ever take more than 2 minutes.

Oh the war if that happens... i can tell you it will NOT be pretty....

15 minute minute after they annonce micro-payment to travel faster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mcJAI6oRYY
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 05, 2013, 05:44:44 am »

Don't even joke about that, dude
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: August 05, 2013, 07:01:12 am »

Pay $1.99 for 24-hour earplugs, drowning out the constant chorus of "Never Gonna Give You Up" on trumpet from your fellow players! Or get three sets of plugs for $4.99!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: August 05, 2013, 07:04:48 am »

And this is why I'm glad EA has nothing to do with this game xD
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: August 05, 2013, 08:37:14 am »

From yesterday
"Bartwe (with a small assist from me) continued working on bugfixes and trying his mad dash of trying to get starbound working under Visual Studio.  There’s a good reason we’re doing this, and it’s because the way we compile on windows is getting old and finicky and creaky (MinGW) and it’s causing us a lot of headaches.  Well, to be frank supporting even the latest latest MSVC compiler is giving us headaches too, but it’s nice to have options :P  This I think is JUST about working finally, so woo."

WTF? This is the sort of problems their design policy is leading to. These are things that are normally designed from the ground up because they cause massive compatibility problems later on otherwise. Ugh!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: August 05, 2013, 11:23:44 am »

They should've used Eclipse or some other kind of cross platform IDE instead of just the MingW compiler...

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: August 05, 2013, 11:29:06 am »

From yesterday
"Bartwe (with a small assist from me) continued working on bugfixes and trying his mad dash of trying to get starbound working under Visual Studio.  There’s a good reason we’re doing this, and it’s because the way we compile on windows is getting old and finicky and creaky (MinGW) and it’s causing us a lot of headaches.  Well, to be frank supporting even the latest latest MSVC compiler is giving us headaches too, but it’s nice to have options :P  This I think is JUST about working finally, so woo."

WTF? This is the sort of problems their design policy is leading to. These are things that are normally designed from the ground up because they cause massive compatibility problems later on otherwise. Ugh!

I thought the same thing. It's a bit of a hugely fundamental change considering how "finished" the game is. My optimism for this game is started to drop, somewhat :(

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: August 05, 2013, 11:49:09 am »

Don't even joke about that, dude

AFAIK thatis a thing in Star Trek Online and LotRO.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: August 05, 2013, 12:12:57 pm »

AFAIK thatis a thing in Star Trek Online and LotRO.

....seriously?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2219 on: August 05, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:54:50 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 565