Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 565

Author Topic: Starbound - We have lift off.  (Read 945064 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound - A flat yet infinite universe.
« Reply #1980 on: July 18, 2013, 01:33:54 pm »

If servers doesnt use much ressource on computer, ill setup a few server and distributed them to who want it with password and all... but if it does use ressource... sadly i wont be able to do it, i have a crazy internet plan but my computer is starting to feel the weight of his age.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 18, 2013, 02:04:22 pm »

Listening to the soundtrack, I think that Europa is my favourite of all the songs.
I was confused for a second or two.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 18, 2013, 04:02:59 pm »

Wait, you call that pessimism?  I thought he was just being realistic

Think of it this way. Could you imagine me saying: "This game could suck, we don't know it could even be terrible"?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: July 18, 2013, 04:07:22 pm »

Think of it this way. Could you imagine me saying: "This game could suck, we don't know it could even be terrible"?
Quite easily, actually.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 18, 2013, 04:35:03 pm »

Quite easily, actually.
Pretty much yeah
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 18, 2013, 07:39:09 pm »

Quite easily, actually.
Pretty much yeah
That's basically what you say about every game.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 19, 2013, 04:39:21 am »

When the news post says that "almost every major feature is done" what does that mean in terms of some kind of playable release? Also, are there any relatively recent gameplay videos I could check out? It's been a while since I properly looked at this game :)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 19, 2013, 04:47:11 am »

I feel ok with single player only for a while.
Party because every time these things come out, everybody rushes to be the every best, like no one ever was. To get the shiny red balloon is their test, nuking pirate stations is their cause. Sandboxes!
At least if we are in single player, you get to enjoy the exploration phase with a lot less competitive pressure. By the time multiplayer comes out, nobody cares how quickly you get some rare item, they have been there and done that. Instead it becomes a lot more about player interaction, working together for a common goal, instead of showing you can achieve your personal goal first, and I feel that is a much nicer environment.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 19, 2013, 06:11:58 am »

I feel ok with single player only for a while.
Party because every time these things come out, everybody rushes to be the every best, like no one ever was. To get the shiny red balloon is their test, nuking pirate stations is their cause. Sandboxes!
At least if we are in single player, you get to enjoy the exploration phase with a lot less competitive pressure. By the time multiplayer comes out, nobody cares how quickly you get some rare item, they have been there and done that. Instead it becomes a lot more about player interaction, working together for a common goal, instead of showing you can achieve your personal goal first, and I feel that is a much nicer environment.
Kinda agree with you there, however playing with a few close friends at release would be nice.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 19, 2013, 07:20:28 am »

When the news post says that "almost every major feature is done" what does that mean in terms of some kind of playable release? Also, are there any relatively recent gameplay videos I could check out? It's been a while since I properly looked at this game :)

It means they now have to decide if they release a late alpha/early beta SP mode now or wait until Sep to release the full game beta. My contact told me last night that the internal vote was 7 to 3 in favor of releasing SP first but that it doesn't matter when the lead has VETO power. They are attending a Multiplay conference in late August, so there will have to at least be crude MP in place by then.

I still believe the week of July 29th is a great contender for a playable build for at least some people.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 19, 2013, 02:40:35 pm »

They already have crude MP in, if the 15 July update is reliable.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »

yes, they threw that together just to test out the game so far more than testing any MP functionality in general. They used a powerful server as a host and apparently they barely had any lag, which is a promising sign.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: July 19, 2013, 05:17:22 pm »

Dammit, I now want to see what each race's ship looks like.

Glitch's looks steampunk-y, Human's is... kinda futuristic (curved edges, silver, all that), Hylotl or what ever they are called have a fish-like ship, florans have one that looks covered in vines...

soon.....

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: July 19, 2013, 05:25:05 pm »

I'm hoping the novakids have a space train, like in this pic:  http://playstarbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Novakid.png

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 19, 2013, 07:08:54 pm »

They posted every race's ships a month or two ago, but I can't for the life of me remember where.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 565