Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 105204 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #810 on: November 27, 2022, 06:11:46 pm »

There is a fashion show at one point also.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 28, 2022, 03:11:35 am »

But did someone make a suit of armour out of baguettes?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 28, 2022, 03:37:21 am »

But did someone make a suit of armour out of baguettes?

They made a suit of armor out of pasta.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 28, 2022, 11:59:29 am »

Weebs love onigri and gyoza but ackshually they HAVE to fold that much just to APPROACH the strength of Europe's naturally high-gluten doughs
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #814 on: December 01, 2022, 07:46:17 am »

Weebs love onigri and gyoza but ackshually they HAVE to fold that much just to APPROACH the strength of Europe's naturally high-gluten doughs
That's nothing on glorious 5,000 year folded Chinese noodles doughy enough to ensnare GOD

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 01, 2022, 10:20:14 am »

Everyone's singing praises of Andor. Too bad I have zero star fucks to give at this point.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 01, 2022, 10:26:58 am »

I only watched the first episode of Andor and didn't really find it that compelling.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 01, 2022, 11:01:50 am »

With a lot of that stuff being on subscription telly (and far too many subscription options, reinforcing my current decision to choose none of them) I'm going to have to take everyone's word for it, and I'm certainly not going to start announcing that I'm poking my nose into any of the more underhanded feeds of that sort of thing.

Yeah, I'm tempted by Paramount+, Disney+, Amazon Prime and of course the OG that is Netflix (their app came pre-installed on this tablet but, like Twitter, has never been deliberately used... though I let it update). I've seen a number of other 'free' streaming services advertised on game-ads, but given they're mixed between cryptocurrency exchange ads and "free cash-for-play!" variations that I wouldn't touch with a bargepole...

Still, one day they may appear on the standard free-to-air broadcast channels (such that I notice them, and they're on a multiplex that isn't juddery/intermittent to view). I have a small backlog of things like Lucifer sitting on a DVR box, for example. And I've still got the second episode of the Lego Masters Australia grand final to watch, I hope.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #818 on: December 01, 2022, 01:49:32 pm »

I only watched the first episode of Andor and didn't really find it that compelling.
One of my friends described it as being fed so much mediocrity that he forgot what an ok show looked like. I never bothered with anything netflix/amazon/disney though and I think it's not worth your time

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 01, 2022, 02:12:59 pm »

I know we're in the age of everything is bad (and sometime it really is that bad, angrily looking at season 2 of Witcher) but to my surprise Wednesday didn't disapointed me and i really enjoyed this Tim Burton take on the Addams Family.
I would have changed a couple of things as i wasn't very happy on some of the stuff but overall it was a very good time (and the "i never blink" actress was entirely spot on her role, she was brillant) and after several garbage series finally made me not angry at a tv show and gave me a good smile.

On another series, i never heard about the Cabinet of Curiosities so i didn't knew what to expect, but so far it's good enough as it play on my nostalgia by reminding me a lot of the horror genre from Elvira/Tales from the Crypt/etc.. collections of mini stories stuff from the eigthies and nineties.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 02:28:03 pm by Robsoie »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 01, 2022, 03:26:12 pm »

Isn’t the Witcher TV series based on the books?

What’s so bad about it?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 01, 2022, 03:27:57 pm »

Mainly how shit it is. :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #822 on: December 01, 2022, 03:33:55 pm »

Isn’t the Witcher TV series based on the books?

What’s so bad about it?
All the parts where they stop being based on the books. The show writers are one of those peoples who hate the material they're adapting but don't have the ability to work on projects they care about, so they try turn the projects they're assigned to into the story they do want to tell

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 01, 2022, 03:39:26 pm »

It wasn’t that bad.

Then again I have no knowledge of the source material beyond the small parts of the games I’ve played and thus have nothing to compare against.

In saying that, I stopped watching Game of Thrones was because they veered so hard from the books at some point in the fifth season that I couldn’t be bothered with it anymore, and have some distaste for the BladeRunner movie because it also doesn’t follow the book quite so much.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 03:41:25 pm by hector13 »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 01, 2022, 05:35:32 pm »

Sometime i wish i hadn't read the books, while the first volume wasn't really taking me in, the story and characters really grew up on me with the 2nd one and it got better and better until the abrupt end in the 5th book (and the 6th book", Season of Storms," fortunately gave me back some hope at its epilogue :D ) . But maybe if i had not read the books i would have been much less angry at what those netflix "writers" did.

I felt the 1st season of the netflix series was mediocre, not really bad but not really good either, Cavill was really doing great at playing Geralt and Chalotra after a difficult start finally was starting to grow on me at playing Yennefer. In term of story it wasn't too close to the book but in the same time it wasn't too far excepted for Cahir that was simply a completely different character for the worst in the netflix story ... what the hell did they thought by doing that ...

But the 2nd season ... i can't understand why they decided to say "fuck the books, i'll do my own fan fiction instead", probably those tv writers suddenly thinking "bah i'm a super tv writer and i'm paid a lot by netflix so i can and will rewrite that crap i don't even like better!!!" , at least they really proved they were really doing a paid job as if  they had even a minor interest in the books storyline they certainly wouldn't have done that, because that season was simply complete shit in term of storytelling, pacing with nearly nothing in common with the actual Witcher stories it is supposed to adapt.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 05:39:39 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67