Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 105319 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #360 on: October 31, 2019, 11:23:51 am »

New Witcher trailer is out, looks damn good

Not sure how true to the books it is since I haven't read those, but it seems to be taking a lot of inspiration from the games, especially the way he fights. Two gripes that I have tho is that there don't seem to be any other witchers around, atleast not in the trailer, which is a shame since those guys are pretty cool, and that Cavill, while looking like the part and sounding very much like the game Geralt seems kinda stiff in most shots, like he's in a perpetual state of butt-clench.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 31, 2019, 11:50:27 am »

That pretty much describes my impression of Gerry though.
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 31, 2019, 01:24:15 pm »

True, but I always attributed that stuff to the limits of the game engine and animation. He's stiff because everyone else is pretty much stiff, wouldn't really take it as a personal attribute or anything.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 01, 2019, 06:47:33 am »

He's stiff because he's got a secret third sword up his butt
Love, scriver~

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 01, 2019, 05:24:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just recently finished Doom Patrol.
My only previous exposure to DP was as cameos in other DC shows, and they usually comprised fairly uninteresting filler episodes. So my expectations were pretty low going in.
I was pleasantly surprised to find DP funny and zany, but also dramatic and mysterious at times. There were a couple of controversial episodes, and a bit of filler, and the ending really fell apart...but still, overall a quite enjoyable show.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 02, 2019, 12:23:02 pm »

Scrubs went from "the only classic sitcom I can stomach" to "really really REALLY god damn annoying" somewhere between the first episode and the middle of season 3. The characters are mean to eachother, but not in a funny way like Superstore or Rick and Morty; they just sound like extras from Family Guy, i.e. obnoxious pricks who think they're funnier than they really are.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 02, 2019, 08:52:53 pm »

Yeah, it was great until it wasn't.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 04, 2019, 09:01:30 am »

Scrubs went from "the only classic sitcom I can stomach" to "really really REALLY god damn annoying" somewhere between the first episode and the middle of season 3. The characters are mean to eachother, but not in a funny way like Superstore or Rick and Morty; they just sound like extras from Family Guy, i.e. obnoxious pricks who think they're funnier than they really are.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has some of the mean, but funny you're looking for. It's a bit uneven, and even the creators cringe at some of the early stuff, but the newest seasons are good.

Although your comments reminded me Soap was a show, and it holds up well enough.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 13, 2019, 03:43:09 am »

I've been rewatching Black Sails lately.

Historical (in)accuracies aside, I really like the first two seasons. The plot is somewhat interesting, the production is decent enough, certain fight scenes are shockingly brutal despite the exaggerated gore and most importantly the majority of the main characters are quite likeable. There are a few faults here and there (ie certain long distance shot of the ocean/ships that the cgi doesn't hold that well) but overall I highly recommend it.

I'm not sure if I'll watch the last two seasons (3rd and 4th), they get a bit tedious after the nth rehash of the same old conflicts/backstabs between the same characters... That's also the reason I never finish the series before.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 13, 2019, 01:53:47 pm »

Has anyone caught The Mandalorian yet? (And/or sold your soul to Disney?) It does look p good despite all my Anti-Disney-Era-Star-Wars sentiment.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 13, 2019, 04:26:33 pm »

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has some of the mean, but funny you're looking for. It's a bit uneven, and even the creators cringe at some of the early stuff, but the newest seasons are good.
Wait, what? The early seasons (the only ones I've had the chance to watch) are absolute gold, with the exception of a bland episode here and there.
Please, please don't tell me the more recent stuff isn't going to live up to my expectations when I am finally able to watch more of it.
Charlie Got Molested is one of the greatest accomplishments of television.

...Also, since when is Scrubs a "classic sitcom"? ???
I mean, at least it isn't Friends or King of Queens, but still. Just skip all that drek and go to Seinfeld, and maybe some other goodies like MASH and Fawlty Towers (does that count as a sitcom?).
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 13, 2019, 04:55:36 pm »

Wait, what? The early seasons (the only ones I've had the chance to watch) are absolute gold, with the exception of a bland episode here and there.
Please, please don't tell me the more recent stuff isn't going to live up to my expectations when I am finally able to watch more of it.
Charlie Got Molested is one of the greatest accomplishments of television.

No, it mostly gets better, with the exception of one bad season. And the funny parts are usually funnier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 13, 2019, 08:18:36 pm »

Hey the Mandalorian is GREAT btw.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 20, 2019, 09:56:34 pm »

PeeWee's Playhouse is on Netflix now. It's...weird. Real weird, but in a good way.

Edit: Also, I can see why this show gave me nightmares as a child.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:32:02 pm by Iduno »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #374 on: November 22, 2019, 09:38:29 am »

I found a neat lil' online gem that's been running for a decade now by a bunch of Americans. It's called No Evil. That's a pun on See no evil, hear no evil, say no evil and do no evil.

It is very American, in the best way. North American, Central American, South American, it's the most American that's ever American'd. The animation quality starts off about what you'd expect for a small team of people doing it for free, but as the years go by their production value goes up.

But even when the production value is pretty naff at the start, I was willing to overlook it. Why? Because you can buy production value, but you can't buy good story-telling. And this show has some of the best story telling I've seen, out of any production - professional and amateur. The voice acting is great, the plot is told expertly and the character development is phenomenal. It's also got a few musical episodes, normally I despise musicals but I just can't help but love the singing these guys do.

Plot wise; the plot is shown, not told. A lot of times they'll show something which will gain much deeper meaning later when something reveals and completes the puzzles set before, and the writing is clever enough that it never generates more mysteries than it can resolve. Basic plotline is a bunch of spirits are watching over two villages full of dickheads, stopping them from murdering each other, when other weirder shit starts going down.

Is it worth watching? I've watched it all 3 times and I still want to watch it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67