Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobolds break easy.  (Read 1635 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Kobolds break easy.
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:41:42 pm »

I was wandering the wilds, (genesis mod) with my orc army, when suddenly, a pure horde of kobolds appear. How many? 30. (I counted) and all are wrestlers. Pure dorfgasm. So, to allow discussion, what are your favorite experiences with kobolds?

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobolds break easy.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:20:59 pm »

Defending them from the cruel (goblins), and then teaching the kobolds humility (breaking all their limbs).
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:34:41 pm »

Bite off fingers 1 by 1

Well, I do that to pretty much anything that's knocked out
Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 10:13:50 am »

Hmm.

Being a Kobold and starting in a cave full of other mutilated Kobolds? Though that was aaaaages ago.

I don't usually find Kobolds in adventure. Usually it's just things that tear my limbs and organs away.
Everybody!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:21:49 pm »

Hmm.

Being a Kobold and starting in a cave full of other mutilated Kobolds? Though that was aaaaages ago.

I don't usually find Kobolds in adventure. Usually it's just things that tear my limbs and organs away.
Wasnt there a but that caused kobolds to starve at year four?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 01:34:30 am »

Still is, unless you've modded the game/become unbelievably lucky. In the next version it should be fixed, though. :D

My personal favorites were adventuring as kobolds. Makes everything a little more harrowing when absolutely anything can stomp your dumb ass into the ground.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 04:01:34 pm »

Kobold ambush, run into night creature lair, mildly epic battle commences.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 01:37:44 am »

I prefer to knock em out and leave them be.

I generally don't kill them unless I accidentally lucky shot them. Usually I'll try to sever a non-important body part (hand, toe, foot, finger, etc.) which makes them give in to pain. They've learned their lesson.

Clockwise Onions

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 01:56:59 am »

I managed to find a couple of kobolds once. I proceeded to pinch or hack stuff off of them until they bled to death. I also found an actual camp of them that wasn't too far away. I removed a hand and a foot from each of them, kept them as trophies, and continued on my way. I ended up being killed by a minotaur and, with another guy, killed the minotaur, looted my body, and reclaimed my trophies.  8)

Some of them anyway.  ::)