Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help on reaction with sugar (and pressed paste)  (Read 1044 times)

catenate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Help on reaction with sugar (and pressed paste)
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:02:03 am »

Hi modders,

I'm trying to make a reaction take a pressed oil, milled sugar, and a pressed product.  The reaction works with just the oil, but I can't seem to make it work with the sugar, and I'm losing heart to try the pressed product (each test cycle takes about 3 hours: regen, embark, dig, pile, build workshops, wait for industry to make products).  Here's the reaction right now (without the sugar and sugar container it works).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd also like to add in this pressed product.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could someone enlighten me as to what is wrong with these reaction reagents?

Much thanks.
Couverture: A chocolate-covered mod brings you a dark chocolate figurine of the deity of agriculture looking offended.

aban avuzsazirmafol tunur … kib saziradilîton kezkďg ugoshódkelid shatagistrath … kirondatanavuz ustosteshkad angngotololum―Bomonolthîkut fragments

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Help on reaction with sugar (and pressed paste)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:06:00 am »

Not quite sure what's wrong here since I haven't actually messed around with reactions that much myself lately. One piece of advice though. If you add a "free reagents" reaction to your building along with this reaction that simply takes nothing and then gives you the needed ingredients for this reaction, that should greatly speed up your test cycle. Then all you will need to do is embark with a single stone and a cook, taking your total time down from 3 hours to only a few minutes. Also if you wish you can edit the lines underneath the reaction (so everything but [REACTION:MAKE_COUVERTURE_FROM_COCA_BUTTER] ) without requiring a regeneration of the world by simply editing your save files. You don't even need to abandon your fortress, you could save, edit the save raws, and then reload the same save to test the new reaction. You should still run a final regenerated check at the end, but you can really drop your test cycle down to like 1-2 minutes if you do both of these things.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:21:03 am »

This is my sugar:

Code: [Select]
   [REAGENT:sugar:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CANDY_MAT]

This is what I have for sugar in plant raws, because I use that sugar to make candy:
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CANDY:CANDY_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:sugarcane candy]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:20]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILL:PLANT_POWDER_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:brown sugar]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:15][DISPLAY_COLOR:6:0:0][EDIBLE_VERMIN][EDIBLE_RAW][EDIBLE_COOKED][PREFIX:NONE]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CANDY_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:CANDY]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]

Finally, the candy making:
[REACTION:MAKE_CANDY]
   [NAME:make candy]
   [BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_C]
   [REAGENT:sugar:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:CANDY_MAT]
   [REAGENT:sugar container:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [BAG]
      [CONTAINS:sugar]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:CHEESE:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:sugar:CANDY_MAT]
   [SKILL:COOK]

It totally works. I don't see how you've handled the COUVERTURE reaction class (where did you add it?), but try my method.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:22:35 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:52:18 pm »

Try changing food stockpile settings so that they don't use barrels and mill up some more sugar. The dough-making reactions in MLF won't work if the bag containing the reagents is itself inside a barrel, maybe that's the problem here.

Another thing, you can alter how many embark points you get in advanced world gen, so you could create a world where you can start with phenomenal amounts of points to buy everything you need for testing. You can even change around biome and material value tags to make them easier to test, and only check with the proper values once you're sure the new mechanic is working and want to be thorough.