Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Epic dorf soldier names  (Read 6359 times)

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
Re: Epic dorf soldier names
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 10:35:14 pm »

As Famouscrafts - Swordsdwarf
Etur Singlehatchets - Mayor and soldier of much skill equally with sword and spear
Asmel Swamhandle the Last Butterfly - a dramatically titled Speardwarf, sounds neat in dwarf Amsmel Urmimerush Ulolcomnith
Deler Trumpetmartyred the Bronze Balance of Acting - an equally dramatically named Bookeeper, Speardwarf, and Grandmaster Fighter. Bit a FB to death.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 11:42:36 pm »

Solon Anguishedpullies the Laborious Braid of Abatement - An ultra-violent guard captain (my first, in fact) who earned his name by killing literally half of everyone in Trammelpage (with his fists), I imagine his name to be a fancy way of saying "Executioner's Noose." After he retired from the guard and became baron, the first thing he did was beat a goblin bowman to death with a shoe. When the fortress was infected with a demon-diplomat-induced plague of melty spines, he somehow managed to completely avoid it and live to see abandonment (while the mayor was pestered into oblivion).

Imush Stirring the First Crusher - Rather catchy in my opinion, even though I know it's actually Stir-Ring.
Bomrek Biteboulder the Reclusive Savage
Mosus Copperstorm the Whirling Justice
Meng Skullhouse the Ungodly Funeral
Erith Salvecarries the Violent Medicine - This one's not mine, but I noticed it in someone's military screencap and found it rather amusing.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 12:42:32 am »

Doren Domainhall, the Amazing Mountain of Roughness, one of only two militia dwarves I had in good old Swordthunders.  Mainly because that was all I needed.  She could single-handledly murder entire goblin/troll sieges, even if they brought crossbows.

The other was Shen Inktempted, the Ashen Labyrinth.  A one-handed legendary Axelord who was all the more badass considering he too could one-dwarf entire goblin sieges.  Half the number of arms, but twice the number of goblin bits sent flying.

Nan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 12:58:39 am »

In my latest fortress I set me embark military into squads of 2 for sparring. When one squad became lords rather quickly, I checked their names:
Hammer Lord: Erith Boatsmartyred
Axe Lord: Nil Axegrowled.

Axegrowled. Axegrowled. A freaking Axe Lord named Axegrowled. And she is one lean mean murdering machine. Her description reads "She is thin, but has incredible muscles" "her very short hair is neatly combed" "she has a way with words" (she can be extremely persuasive), her attribute screen is entirely positives. She has more kills than any other dwarf. I was reading her combat log, and along with removing limbs, heads, tails and such with every swing of her axe, she scratched off a pandashi's ear, and ripped off a kobold's foot with her teeth. Truly she is a bloody daughter of Armok.
Boatsmartyred is also an extremely butch lady dwarf, "she has a thin frame but it is loaded with muscles and great layers of at" "her hair is clean-shaven". She has nearly as many kills as Axegrowled. She probably just can't run as fast because of her dwarvern body armor.

Of course I was expecting that these dwarve's names would only be made less awesome by the addition of titles. But Nil Axegrowled being irrepressibly awesome, became "the Labyrinthine Barbarian". Frigging awesome :D.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 03:24:44 am »

I have an elite marksdwarf named Momuz Facefurnace. Other than having the lowest kill count in her squad, creating an artifact figurine, and being the owner of a pet peahen, there is really nothing of interest about her. I just find the last name "Facefurnace" funny.

Oh, and there's a swordmaster who goes by the name Reg Thundersacks the Bright Rage. I guess that's a pretty cool one.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 05:57:39 am »

One of my best spearmasters is called... Limul Granitesilver the Mountainous Guise of Failing.

Beat that :P
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 06:23:29 am »

In a previous fort:

Iteb Taperedpages the Soaked Bowl of Paint; with his weapon Libadnoleth Rulgim, an adamantine battle axe- Praisegulfs the Submerged Twist. He had 82 notable kills before he fled the fort.

Zefon Anvilwind the Silvery Dale. Pretty epic name. Zefon had 28 notables.

Current fort:

Aban Cloistergenius the Constructive Age of Doors. 14 notables.

Lolor Ceilingwild the Searing Fortune of Crystal. Eleven notables.

Alath Bellgear the Reclusive Connection of Cacti. Eleven notables.

Udil Climaxtraded the Teeth of Assembling. 31 notables.

Zas Cloisterobeyed the Regal Growl. Eight notables.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 10:36:29 am »

Had a squad named The Great Sword. The militia captain's name was Reg Faithtrumpet the Spiteful Eater of Keys. Because, you know, fuck keys.

This made me lol at work. 

"What's so funny?"
"I can't even begin to explain."

Oh, and there's a swordmaster who goes by the name Reg Thundersacks the Bright Rage. I guess that's a pretty cool one.

"Thundersacks" ... check his description, see what he does when he's nervous or bored. 

Or on second thought, maybe not...

Zas Cloisterobeyed the Regal Growl. Eight notables.

I wonder what that sounds like.

Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day practicing my "Regal Growl."

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:15:04 pm by ledgekindred »
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 11:22:52 am »

Iton Daggerface: he actually got killed with a dagger to the face(head but close enough)

Nan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 04:59:03 pm »

Ingish Silveropes the Unswerving Skull of Lulls
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:02:24 pm by Nan »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 03:27:51 am »

"Thundersacks" ... check his description, see what he does when he's nervous or bored. 

Well you mentioning it sparked my curiosity. Turns out Reg is a female, who apparently "stiffens up when she's surprised."

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2012, 05:51:01 am »

Well you mentioning it sparked my curiosity. Turns out Reg is a female, who apparently "stiffens up when she's surprised."

A gender away from being the most innuendo-based dwarf ever.  Dare you to rename her Casanunda

Theonefreerunner

• Bay Watcher
  • The one who runs free
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 06:07:28 am »

I have an axelord called 'Morul Lanternphrases the Weaver of Virgins'. The militia commander is 'The Virtuous Law'
Got to love the RNG.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 06:27:50 am »

I don't remember his name (My axelord) but his title was : The Suicidal Fortresses of Yor.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 07:20:03 am »

Mafol Lashcity the Hardy Comet of Cloisters

Tirist Treatycaught the Dead Ownership of Cobras
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4