Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Epic dorf soldier names  (Read 6345 times)

JDRingo

• Bay Watcher
  • If the cops ask, I'm a lumberjack.
    • View Profile
Re: Epic dorf soldier names
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 07:25:21 am »

It wasn't in DFmode, but my last adventurer was: Ringus Aledrinker, the Anus of Dragons
"Armok, the God of Blood, is just about the only constant in these chaotic random universes. A general sense of conflict keeps Armok appeased - when the universe becomes too boring it is set on the anvil of creation to be reforged."

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 10:15:44 am »

Oh, and there's a swordmaster who goes by the name Reg Thundersacks the Bright Rage. I guess that's a pretty cool one.

"Thundersacks" ... check his description, see what he does when he's nervous or bored. 

Or on second thought, maybe not...

Well you mentioning it sparked my curiosity. Turns out Reg is a female, who apparently "stiffens up when she's surprised."

Different kind of "Thundersacks", I guess.  Which does nothing to prevent the mental scarring from that image.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 10:19:51 am »

I hate the naming thing. Every time i get a titled dorf his name is too long for the box and crashes df

Frying Doby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 02:39:59 pm »

Bannerstroked the Mythical Bolt with his spear names Thundertime the Butterfly of Mansions and his shield The Disemboweled Coincidence
Tombbowel the Tenacious Meteor of Zephyrs with his mace Baldnessbust
There is also the aptly named steel shield: Spryscar the earthern shield

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 04:49:10 pm »

With my Danger Room set up, 3 10x training spears and an armor stand, I'm able to pump out legendary soldiers within a year! :)

I have one squad of legendaries, each soldier hand-picked from the strongest, most agile, toughest (basically, anybody with above-average physical skills and above-average kinetic sense and spatial awareness).

Sakzul Sodelotin Kenshilrar Tecak (Sakzul Shieldwine the Whimsical Tulip of Sweetness) The female leader of my Elites (The Diamond Murders)

I have a couple other named ones but they're either nonsensical or not cool :/

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 04:54:01 pm »

Urist McSwordmaster the Cobra of Kings. I have 30 soldiers, over half are legendary veterans with over 10 years service. This one swordsdwarf is amongst the best. He might not have as many kinds as a few of my truly bloodthirsty, but his name is easily the best.
This is a blank sig.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »

Sakzul Sodelotin Kenshilrar Tecak (Sakzul Shieldwine the Whimsical Tulip of Sweetness) The female leader of my Elites (The Diamond Murders)

Goblin: "So my dear, what's your name?"
Sakzul: "Tee hee, the Whimsical Tulip of Sweetness! Tee hee!"
Goblin: "Aww, isn't that just the sweete..."TAKES AXE TO THE FACE
Sakzul: "Tee hee."
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2012, 06:43:27 pm »

Goblin: "So my dear, what's your name?"
Sakzul: "Tee hee, the Whimsical Tulip of Sweetness! Tee hee!"
Goblin: "Aww, isn't that just the sweete..."TAKES AXE TO THE FACE
Sakzul: "Tee hee."

And that's why they call me Tulip!

Tulip means battleaxe right?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2012, 01:29:41 am »

I have an Axedwarf in my fort that just earned himself a title for utterly murdering a goblin ambush - Dumat Enjoyroads; the Amused Flower of Joy.  I suspect the title's so he has an excuse to hack apart anyone that mocks it

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2012, 02:22:50 am »

My militia leader is called "The Ace Genius of Distraction."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012, 04:01:40 am »

Oh, and there's a swordmaster who goes by the name Reg Thundersacks the Bright Rage. I guess that's a pretty cool one.

"Thundersacks" ... check his description, see what he does when he's nervous or bored. 

Well you mentioning it sparked my curiosity. Turns out Reg is a female, who apparently "stiffens up when she's surprised."

A gender away from being the most innuendo-based dwarf ever.  Dare you to rename her Casanunda

Spoiler: Challenge accepted (click to show/hide)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2012, 04:41:37 am »

A gender away from being the most innuendo-based dwarf ever.  Dare you to rename her Casanunda

R...Really?  That name, description AND a member of THE ROUGHNESS OF ENTANGLING?  Ladies and Gentledwarves, we have a dwarven innuendo trifecta in play.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2012, 04:42:53 pm »

R...Really?  That name, description AND a member of THE ROUGHNESS OF ENTANGLING?  Ladies and Gentledwarves, we have a dwarven innuendo trifecta in play.

"Enemy of the incests of spraying."

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 05:42:08 pm »

My militia commander is the Axelord Dumed Boulderowned the Neutralization of Naughtiness, with 18 notable kills.  He killed with several different weapons, right now he has a masterwork candy axe he hasn't used to kill anything...yet.  The name looks a bit silly, but it is kind of fitting.  He'd probably have more notables, but I've been concentrating on letting my squad captains earn special names for themselves.  He leads a squad of axedwarves called "The Fatal Axes" (no shit!), though I've been creating and disbanding squads to avoid silly names, I want them to sound kickass.

Some other dwarf names:

Iden Abbeygenius the Innocent Exaltation of Moons, Axedwarf, 9 kills, including a bronze colossus.  Another member of the Fatal Axes.
Olon Workslick the West Wrath, Axedwarf (deceased), 7 kills.  Lost a hand in battle but didn't stop him from being a decent fighter.  Finally met his end in a later seige when he got surrounded by goblins and cut down.
Etur Lakesrack the High Worship, Hammerdwarf (deceased), 6 kills.  In spite of the name, he was really somewhat mediocre, and met his end when he went Leeroy Jenkins against some goblin invaders.
Lorbam Rimclouts the Crewed Despairs, Hammerdwarf, 5 kills.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 03:31:42 am »

"Enemy of the incests of spraying."
Was looking through Casununda's status again, And I just thought I'd mention that Conngim Peltchants(one of the deities she worships) is a god of lust.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:33:22 am by King DZA »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4