Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sieges prohibit trading  (Read 2310 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Sieges prohibit trading
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 02:49:42 pm »

You could dig down to the first cavern layer, then you'll get trees spawning on every underground dirt tile.
I suppose digging much further would be easier if you don't mind the FB's etc.

I did that actually. Those trees grow awfully slowly too. I have a whole bunch of underground saplings. So maybe someday my dreams will come true. There's only one layer of soil here (not counting the surface). And I use a 3x2 embark to keep my Jurassic computer's FPS reasonable. So the arboretum is limited.

You can also start an underground tree farm by getting stone wet.

I did not know that. Thanks for the tip. I presume it only works for rough stone?

It will work on smooth or even engraved stone, so long as there is mud.  When a plant grows on the surface it will wreck the smoothing or engraving, turning it back into a rough floor and pissing off the engraver if it was a masterpiece engraving.  It won't work on constructed floors, roads, bridges, or anywhere else with a building or construction in the way.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 2 [3]