Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: a few bugs I've noticed  (Read 377 times)

k_lucas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
a few bugs I've noticed
« on: September 11, 2006, 11:55:00 am »

But first, great game, and dangerously addicting  :) Here are a few things I've noticed playing on 21_104_21a:

- Baby (child) snatching is not quite working right. The kids get put in a bag but when I look inside the bag there's sometimes multiple copies of the child there. If I do manage to hunt down the snatcher (not often) I don't see any way to get the child out - there's no option to release them. That part may be just me missing something, but ideally they would just be released automatically if the thief gets caught. Also, if the thief gets away, the child corpse seems to reappear on a spot on the map and just rots there - the dwarves won't pick it up and store in a coffin.

- Dwarves chasming stuff won't notice there's a bridge over the chasm and will just drop the things on the bridge. Later other dwarves will notice the thing is still there and will try to drop it in a different spot, sometimes succeeding. Looks like there's some pathfinding issues there.

- Pathfinding errors after destroying and trying to rebuild my only bridge over the chasm. After placing it I decided I need to move it so I removed it and tried building it in a different place. Construction failed with no path to site (I still have a save displaying that problem). Tried different workarounds but eventually had to revert to an earlier save to continue.

- That may be me not understanding the description, but it seems the coin conditions for nobles are out of date.

That's all I can think of right now. Thanks for making this game!

Satyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a few bugs I've noticed
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 12:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by k_lucas:
<STRONG>

- Pathfinding errors after destroying and trying to rebuild my only bridge over the chasm. After placing it I decided I need to move it so I removed it and tried building it in a different place. Construction failed with no path to site (I still have a save displaying that problem). Tried different workarounds but eventually had to revert to an earlier save to continue.
</STRONG>

I had the same happening. The problem most likely was that your dwarves wanted to construct the bridge with a stone on the other side of the chasm. It worked for me after I selected rocks from father down the list.

quote:

- That may be me not understanding the description, but it seems the coin conditions for nobles are out of date.

Yes, the size of coin stacks has changed in a recent update, the description most likely not. It might work if you multiply everything  with five, but not sure.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 01:48:00 am »

Hi, yeah, I think these are all on to-do...  but it's hard to find the already-reported bugs since there are so many.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 03:04:00 am »

Actually, speaking of things being put on bridges, I had a dwarf with an order to catch a live fish put the trap on the bridge.

He didn't catch a lot of fish that way.

[ September 13, 2006: Message edited by: LordNagash ]