Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 332490 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 7: The Requiem)
« Reply #735 on: June 08, 2012, 08:43:11 pm »

...Okay, maybe not today. BUT TOMMOROW. I PROMISE.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ENCOURAGEMENT GUYS. AGGGGHHHHH
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 08, 2012, 08:51:59 pm »

Encouragement? Ok, I already helped people commit suicide in those help lines for a time, so I got the hang of it.

You can do it! Your RtD is very good and if you were in front of me right now I would slap your face until you started to write a new turn or the slaps turned into gunshots and both of us died in a gory display of madness.

I'm good.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 08, 2012, 08:56:48 pm »

Because we need at least one longrunning pony RTD?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 08, 2012, 09:28:38 pm »

Do it or I sic Cthulhu on you. And then Hastur, too. And worse. DO IT.

HartLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Surrender... or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 09, 2012, 08:16:26 am »

'Cause you know you want to run longer than RTRTD.

RTD

• Bay Watcher
  • Dedicated to Roll To Dodge
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 09, 2012, 04:15:13 pm »

You can do it!
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...
One roll can change things around.

Roll To Dodge.

Biscuitlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 09, 2012, 06:52:12 pm »

Because Fluttershy would get really ..... ok i know it gets old. Ok let's just say I would get really sad and will upload a pic of me being sad and your face would explode of sadness and you know you wouldn't want that.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 09, 2012, 08:32:56 pm »

So, I'm like half-way through the post. I've been trying my best to write everyone a speech that would be the most in-character and entertaining.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 09, 2012, 09:18:01 pm »

Use May as inspiration for that.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 09, 2012, 10:34:45 pm »

if you need me  to, i can try to write up my part. i am tired and in danceing pain, but, it might help you.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 8: Back in Action)
« Reply #745 on: June 10, 2012, 07:51:22 pm »

Chapter 8: Back in Action

Sun Tzu leapt to the stage, running up to the podium. Opening his book, he quotes, "When good men die because of the sheer stupidity of their teammates...YOU PARTY HARD! OHOOOOOOO!!!!" Materializing a Flying V gutair out of mid-air, Tzu begins a freestyle solo, thats both amazingly impressive and disrespectful.

Fortunatley, Teddy Roosevelt runs behind Sun Tzu, grabbing the general by his armor, and tossing him effortlessly off the stage where he lands with a *thud*. While Tzu continues to do a seizure-dance on the floor, Teddy turns to the microphone and gives his speech.

The musicians start to play again.

"Fellow AMERICANS Equestrians, I come here to pay tribute to two of my fallen friends. Not just any comrades. AMERICAN friends. And let me tell you all something about Americans: We will stab you in the back with a knife and go 9 inches deep, pull out 4 inches, and call it progress. What I'm saying, is that we are freedom loving people. Because when two men marry each other, that's satanic communism. But when a man and a women marry each other for 18 hours, that produces the smell of George Washington baking Apple Pie on his grill while riding on top of a bald eagle. So take a moment to remember these two great men, who died in the line of honor, for all of us. Because it doesn't matter whether your Equestrian, English, Chinese or Russian. Because in the end, we're all Americans."

There is confused applauding as Teddy steps down from the podium. Looking in his pockets, he saw his original speech that his teammates had wisely discouraged him from giving:

"Ha ha ha! Oh, those silly negroes."

Pinkie Pie hoped up to the microphone next. "Heyah everypony! So, I'm sorry to Tawrence Laylor and that hip-hop guy. It was pretty sad. I mean, have you ever seen a guy with his arms broken, and another guy with a spear in his back, trying to run from a nuclear muffin? It sure is sad. Sad muffins. Like the time they had to switch Derpy's voices in the show because little girls can't handle the thought of mentally handicapped people exsisting in the world. I mean, how stupid is that! A show about friendship and tolerence is going to censore all the different types of people in this world to keep the Conservative Christian Soccer Moms happy? Jeez louise! Next they'll be banning Zecora! Ah! The only thing more stupid than this, is if you loaded up an artillery device with a nuclear weapon and killed your friends who had been saving your ass since the war started! Not cool! Pinkie Out!" She's gone in an explosion of confetti, reappearing next to Sun Tzu, bludgeoning him with a baseball bat.

Usually a shy Pony, Fluttershy is impressed by her squadmates speeches. As Teddy Roosevelt passes her, she remarks ''That was was really touching Teddy.'' *sniff* Mustering up the courage to speak, the Pegasus flies over to the podium. "...is this, um on? Yes? Okay..." She gulps. ''Even though, this is a sad day for all of us and even though we lost two valuable members of our party, we have to fight on. We have to end this war as fast as possible to prevent more ponys and other beings from dying and suffering under the hand of our once beloved Princess. I don't know what corrupted her and I don't know if we can heal her, but at first we have to get to her and at least try to do so.'' The crowd claps and Fluttershy resumes her usual shy and clumsy form as she steps down.

There was a flash of purple light, and then Twilight Sparkle stepped up to the microphone. "Greetings my fellow comrades. Today we discuss the downfall of our blood-kin in the line of battle lost to an adversary that can only be described as malelvolent and barbaric..." Her speech uses too many big words and lasts way too long. (Good things those bagpipe ponies can play for a long time.) By the time the sun starts going down, she dissapears to tired appaluse.

Finally, the last remaining teammate of the fallen, Rainbow Dash steps up. She pulls out a hefty stack of papers on the podium. Clearing her breath, she reads from her epic speech, "Eh." She throws the papers in the air and flies off. There is massive applause.

After the speeches are made, the service ends and everyone goes back to camp. Rainbow Dash spots an oddly shaped-figure in a tree. "Huh?" Flying into the pine, Dash discovers a red, and whitish gigantic worm. "Wurmple!" Rainbow picks it up. "Woah! I'm bringing this back to camp!" With the worm in her hoof, she flies back to her team.
Wurmple has joined the Party!

Meanwhile, Theodore Roosevelt noticed a new, Oriental-style tent had sprung up in the camp. Being curious, Teddy goes inside to find a meditating Samurai. The Samurai opens his eyes. "Greetings, I am-" Teddy rushes towards him yelling, "COMMUNIST!", tackling him to the ground. There is an ad hoc wrestling match as the rest of the Party comes to investigate this sound. "Teddy, what are you doing?" Putting the Samurai in a headlock, the President declares, "I got me a communist! These no good criminals ruin everything, I mean, that's why are yellow friend Sun Tzu escaped from his homeland of Korea!" "MOTHAFU-" Twilight cuts Tzu off. "Teddy, that's our new squadmate! You know, the one Luna promised after the last two got blown up?" Theodore looks down at the Samurai. "Whoops. My bad. Welcome." He lets him go. The Samurai coughs and gasps for air. Standing up he states, "My name is Cyan Garamonde. A pleasure being here." He bows.
Cyan Garamonde has joined the Party!

A message from the Communicator appears!

The Party opens the communicator to find a message.

"Dear Party,

Genghis Khan has joined our side

Name: Genghis Khan
Class Type: Khanate
+1 Strength
+1 Toughness
+1 Brutality
+1 Horseback Riding
+1 Intimidation
+1 Perception
+1 Tactics

+Lotsa' Insanity
-1 Diplomacy
Weakness: Chinese Guns

Equipment:
Sword of the Khanate - Royal sword, cuts through lots of stuff.
Mace of War - Hammerlike device to smash bones and skulls.
Mongolian Longbow - Kill someone from 5 Kilometers away.
Khanate Armor - The Great Khan is invincible! (Except for Chinese guns, anyways.)

Description: KHAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!

Sent reinforcements. Remaining Generals:

General MacArthur
ToadyOne & ThreeToe
William Shakespeare

P.S. Get a new name. 'The Party' is really generic and lame.

Your benevolent ruler,
-Princess Luna

Rainbow Dash gets a private message for herself on the Communicator.

'Hey Cutie,
Let's hang out sometime okay? ;D

-Spitifre

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)

Yep, I just made Theodore Roosevelt naively racist.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 10, 2012, 08:34:06 pm »

Sun Tzu curses a little before standing alone in a corner. Damn idiots do not understand what to do when a real nice man tries to break the ice. They should party hard as well. The suddenly cornered old man, his hair already fading from grey to white, mopes around.
He had made his choice and he would stick to it. Sun Tzu rose again to his feet, trying to appear strong and gangsta. Young people seemed to like that those days. He once again picked his book and read from it after some flipping through some pages of phone sex companies and "hot teens" websites URLS.
"The traitors deserve to be castrated and their balls thrown to the 'gators."

Sun Tzu votes for attacking MacArthur next.
>Yes?

RTD

• Bay Watcher
  • Dedicated to Roll To Dodge
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 10, 2012, 08:45:58 pm »

I am right up next! Wonder how I'll enter?
The dice are waiting...
1 in 6...
One roll can change things around.

Roll To Dodge.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 10, 2012, 10:13:06 pm »

"Yes, MacArthur... The other tactical one... who betrayed America. I survived long after I should have died, because of my patriotism and my sheer toughness. I fought alongside MacArthur... He wasn't always this crazy. I don't know what happened, but he has turned against the American way... We should go at him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 10, 2012, 10:20:36 pm »

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ENCOURAGEMENT GUYS. AGGGGHHHHH
You write pretty well.

You make good RTDs.

You know how to please.

TCM.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 162