Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 333429 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Question Time!)
« Reply #2235 on: August 19, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »

((I dunno, I think the siege is nice. It's an interesting change of pace and style. I do think you could stand to shake it up a little next turn, though.))
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: August 20, 2013, 03:00:29 pm »

((I'm down with this.  BRING ON THE BOSS BATTLE!))
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: August 26, 2013, 07:37:53 pm »

So yeah, I'm updating this game. Sorry y'all, I've just been diagnosed with this non-threatening but immensely annoying syndrome known as "Compulsion to Attend an American Education Facility". Thankfully, I'll get over it by the time Christmas rolls around, but then it will probably relapse and I'll only be fully cured by mid-August.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: August 27, 2013, 05:51:52 am »

Really? Same here.
It kinda sucks, but at least I only have one more year of it. Or so they say.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: August 27, 2013, 01:48:51 pm »

Damn. You guys are lucky.

My doctor says I'll be stuck with a mutated strain of it for several more years. At least three, he says. The good news is, that it only affects me on days that end in Y, so that's good.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: August 28, 2013, 09:21:50 pm »

The turn was going to be up today, but coach had the team do a hard workout to the point of me not wanting to type anything up for a new turn. Fuckin' hills man.

What if I told you guys the final boss isn't Celestia. It's hills. So many hills.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:26:01 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: August 28, 2013, 10:18:54 pm »

The turn was going to be up today, but coach had the team do a hard workout to the point of me not wanting to type anything up for a new turn. Fuckin' hills man.

What if I told you guys the final boss isn't Celestia. It's hills. So many hills.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised what with all the other shit the has happened.
((By the way have we had a dance or rap battle yet))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Chapter 71: Turnabout )
« Reply #2242 on: August 31, 2013, 11:28:25 pm »

Chapter 71: Turnabout

"Hm. Dagoth Rather has proven as useful as usual." Dagoth Ur notes this as one of his minions is gunned down immediately on his arrival. Looks like it's up to the boss to work again. He sets about to the West side of the house where the first Confederate Calvary has run into issues, perfect for further disruption. "WAH', ASH MAGIC CLOUD!" (5 vs. 2) Ur casts his magic spell, which involves him reaching into his pocket and throwing a fistful of ash at the Calvary. The clump of ash hits the ground and explodes like a smoke grenade, expanding into a fog of smoke around the unit. Men yell out and horses scream as they are trapped in sudden smoky darkness.

Whilst the Confederate Calvary No. 2 Company goes into pandemonium from the smoke attack, Simo Hayha jumps through the hole to land just outside of them. He slips the Suomi 9mm SMG off of his back bandolier, brandishing it for revenge. He aims into the smoke. (4 vs. 1-1) From the perspective of the company, out of the nothingness of the smoke comes muzzle flashes and popping. The soldiers are felled immediately upon a barrage of hot lead. There is only a brief respite in the shooting as a clip falls to the floor before it is quickly replaced. In the chaos of the smoke, some of them manage to get out one way for another, only to be made an easy target for Hayha and lit up with a congression of bullets. The few survivors flee out the windows they came through, running back to the brush. They're not coming back anytime soon.

"Defend the house!" Twilight Sparkle barks out a comprehensive command to her soldiers as they scatter. She turns to the south, seeing the oncoming soldiers coming upon the Swedish Chef. Her horn glows in response. (4 vs. 6) Suddenly, fire! Not that it hits any soldiers, but a huge pillar of fire erupts between the Chef and the Company, sending out flames several feet high across the backyard. The company pauses in their march, obviously not wanting to be burned to ashes. (5) The fire surges strongly, Confederate boots step backwards.

Despite being dangerously close to a raging fire, The Swedish Chef focuses more on eliminating his enemies than anything. "FUCK-" (1) As he focuses hard on strangling the unconscious Sentry, The Chef manages to fumble with the body in a way that sends both it and himself rolling down to the fire. (Dexterity: 2) The Sentry is no more to be worried about as he tumbles into the flames, though Swedish Chef also manages to fall into the fire. "FUCK FUCK FUCK-"

"Ah' just finished paintin' those walls!" Applejack complains as the soldiers outside work to dismantle her fortifications through sheer force. "Y'all wanna' play it like that? We'll do it then! Yee-haw!" The Heavy Machine Gat swiveled as it pointed straight for the door. (1 vs. 4) She pulls the trigger, but the gun only gives off a groan. "Damn thing jams just when aye' need it..." Before she can do anything, the first wave of the soldiers manage to get past her Fortifications.

"Oh look, more little squealers arrived on all da pretty hawses. Looks like they brought sawds to a gunfight, though! They's only goin' home in crates!" Caught up in his gangster glee, Al Capone proceeds to the West, only to find the Confederates have fled the area. "Never getta' have fun with these pussies..."

Pastamancer sets up his Automated Turret while screaming about the mortars. "SOMEONE GET ON THESE MORTARS! THEY'RE MAGIC, CAN'T BE THAT HARD TO USE."

"Heading East, we're here to help you...people." Truly, Altria Pendragon never had worked with such an odd group of soldiers before, ranging from muscular men to pompous ponies to whatever the hell that guy was. Well, all her work was promised to result in her acquisition of the Holy Grail once this war was over, so she'd do whatever it took until then. Hopping out an Eastern window, she comes upon the Confederate Gatling Guns. (5 vs. 3) "What the hell is this woman doing out here?" Truly not the best last words as before the guns can be primed, the holy Caliburn blade slices right down the middle of both guns in a rapid succession. The offending soldier doesn't even react before the blade separates him horizontally. Pistols, revolvers and shorter swords are drawn in an attempt to stop Altria but only result in a mess of limbs, organs and extremities. The last soldier dares to slice at her with his knife, only to get a foot worth of steal plunged into his mid-section. As she pulls out her blade, the knight looks for more combatants to fight.

Big Macintosh watches HBO's Game of Thrones. (6) It's a great episode! All the twists! The gore! Incest? More like Wincest!

As Applejack attempts to work her Machine Gat out, the first Confederate Company comes in literally screaming through the front. AJ looks up, pulling out Theodore Roosevelt's Twin Chromes. "Y'ALL AIN'T WELCOME HERE!" (2 vs. 1) However, her position is overrun with soldiers, and the pony is forced to retreat upstairs past the fortifications, abandoning her largest gun.

Sweeper No. 2 leads the Company charge, and runs after Applejack up the stairs. "You ain't gettin' away from me lil' pony!" (2-1 vs. 1) He fires his Shotgun, not only missing completely, but the knock-back is enough to throw him back down the stairs.

To the West, the Confederate Cannons see their own men being gunned down through the smoke laid down by Simo Hayha. "Dammnit! I want that gunner son-of-a-bitch dead!" The cannons are primed and aimed. "FIRE!" (4 vs. 5) The cannon rips through the air, and Simo takes a last minute duck-dodge to the ground as a lead ball slams into the wall behind him, splintering his White Sniper Camouflage with superficial wood debris but not doing him any real damage. Simo picks his head up, returning fire. (3 vs. 4) The bullets do no actual damage to the cannons, but are enough for the soldiers to realize their in for a fight.

The Second Confederate Company takes the opportunity to shoot the flaming Swedish Chef. (1 vs. 4) Before they can properly aim their guns, a flaming figure of a man raises from the flames. "IT IS VIKING FIRE FOOD TIME!" (3 vs. 5) The Chef draws his knife at the army, slowly advancing upon them. The soldiers pull back a bit, hoping the flames would finish him off before he could reach them.

The Elite Kingston S.W.A.T. Team arrives at the front of the house just in time to see the first soldiers break through. The S.W.A.T. team sets up a physical boundary of kneeling shields and standing guns, ready to engage in a fire-fight. (5 vs. 1) As it turns out, modern SMGs and Shotguns have a distinct advantage over old-school rifles. The Confederates are barely able to start shooting before the room is turned into a killing floor. Thus the cycle begins again of the entire Confederate company being chased out by a technologically superior enemy. Even after hundreds of years, some things never change.

The Automated Turret remains functional but now with super-sick decals.

Mr. Tom crawls away from the site of the battle, bleeding badly. (6) He gets better after eating a Swedish subway sandwich he happened to have on hand. (Fun Fact: "Subway Sandwich" in Swedish translates to Hoorakanfallusbookheiter.))

Equestrian Soldiers run to the back of the house to face off against the Second Confederate Company. While the first company was easily dispatched, it was at the hands of dozens of trained officers, not three rag-tag individuals. Still, they try their best. (3 vs. 6) The company reacts to getting shot at with rinky-dink hunting rifles. (2 vs. 5) They return fire, successfully shooting down a small tree nearby.

Upstairs, the eternal battle between The Head Guard of the Plantation and Macho Man perpetuates. The guard struggles to get out of the wrestler's grip, (1 vs. 6) but winds up in a compromising head-lock! "OH YEAH, MACHO MAN TIME!" (5 vs. 1) Randy Savage throws the guard onto the ground, before leaping onto a table and flying through the air. He lands on the ground, elbow-first to the Guard's head. Macho wraps his arm around the Guard's left leg, going for the pin. One of the Hostages slides in for the pin count. "1! 2! 3! It's over! Macho Man wins!"

As the fighting goes on, a giant Confederate War Zeppelin darts through the night sky like a falcon in search of a good falcon simile to apply to a Confederate War Zeppelin darting through the night sky. Upon it, thousands of trained, armed, and ready Confederate Soldiers, prepared to fight and die for their mother-land. There is little idle talk on the ship as they near their destination; a dropoint near a famous plantation where they will reinforcement the army attacking the H.O.E.S. of Equestria. A Confederate General makes his way to the Pilot's room. "Captain, how is our progress?"

The gruff Zeppelin Pilot casually spins a wheel, the course of the machine changing ever so slightly. "Well Sir, things are going fine. Clear night. No wind. Frankly, I don't see why we need to go through all this trouble to shoot a coupla' horses and strange folk. If I was in command, I-...what in the hell-"

The battle stops temporarily as a huge blimp structure flies into the region of the plantation, only for a triplet of planes to whizz by almost simultaneously. As the planes intersect paths over the zeppelin, there's a series of eruptions. The planes fly off just over the house, as the Zeppelin crashes into a valley a half-mile or so away from the house, lighting up in a series of explosions that set the trees ablaze and put on a permanent glow to the entire battlefield. Between the roar of the planes and the exploding zeppelin, the entire house shakes with the combined force.

The Lunar Republic has gained Aerial Superiority over Virginia!

Enemy Positions:

-North-

Sweeper No. 2
Items: Shotgun With Flashlight
Untrained: -1 to combat rolls.
Health: Fine

-West-

Confederate Cannon
Items: Cannon, Cannonballs
Health: 5/5

-South

Confederate Company No. 2
Items: Rifles
150/150

-Upstairs-
(Solid Fortifications)

Spoiler: H.O.E.S. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)

After 1/2 a Month in Development, Chapter 21 has been released.

Here at TCM Studios, we hope it has been worth the weight.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Chapter 71: Turnabout)
« Reply #2243 on: September 01, 2013, 05:27:27 am »

Applekjack peeks her head over the fortifications at the massive carnage that the Jamaican Swat Team unleashed on the Confederates, her heart racing and her entire body drenched in sweat. 
"Stay clear boys!" she shouts to the Jamaican Swat Team
She attempts to finish off any stragglers, including the Sweeper, by chucking a grenade down the steps.

It is at that point that she notices her older brother Big Macintosh sitting in front of the hostage room watching Game of Thrones.
The shell-shocked Mare plops down in front of the tv playing the latest episode, simply uttering

"Did they kill Joffrey dead yet?"
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: September 01, 2013, 09:25:56 am »

Pick up my Mosin-Nagant, and open fire on the cannons again.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: September 01, 2013, 03:43:57 pm »

Twilight steps forward, the flames moving with her.

"You shall not pass! I am she who defeated Discord himself! The Changeling Queen begged and bowed at my feet and I am the Equestrian heir apparent! All who stand in my way shall die!"
Send the flames forward, after the confederates
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: September 01, 2013, 05:02:52 pm »

"Ha-hah! Silly confederate n'wah! You cannot stand against the assembled power of the Chimer!"

Give Confederate Company No. 2 a Present From House Dagoth!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: September 01, 2013, 05:19:12 pm »

"So hard to get good help around here."

Conjure up pasta bandages, summon the spaghetti elemental. Give the bandages to the spaghetti elemental, instruct it to heal any of the H.O.E.S. that need some first-aid. Get behind some cover, prepare a spaghetti spear, then hit anyone who's getting too close to our position with it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 01, 2013, 06:24:18 pm »

What in the western sun was that?

Altria looked up amidst the chaos on the now-clear Eastern region at the burning wreck flailing through the sky, and covered her ears when it hit landfall, feeling its dying woes shake the earth. Only one thing was on her mind, and it was about the objective.

Head back home, check on hostages, examine house.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: September 01, 2013, 07:09:32 pm »

TCM i cannot tell you how hard i laughed while reading this. Actually im going to try.
You know when your a kid that dosen't know much and your mom or dad just walks up to you and says poop. You as a small 6yo laugh so hard your stomach hurts and you almost fade into unconsius as you try to stop laughing.

I have not felt that kind of laughter in such a long time thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 162