Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Let's Play (another) Aurora! Hooray! (doomed to die, fyi)  (Read 12665 times)

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play (another) Aurora! Hooray! (doomed to die, fyi)
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2012, 09:21:01 pm »

November 8, 2035
Haan Industries has finalized the design of a jump engine. A project based on the joint work of Nix Labs and Haan Industries, the J3000(3-50) - Mil Spec is a 1000ton monster of a device capable of jumping a squadron of 3000ton vessels.

Commander Don Knopp, fleet headquarters fighter ops staff officer, has been transferred to command of the second Xplore mod 1. While he is restricted to earth, the position is considered a 'pre-training' for future assignments. Space ships are still new, even the most qualified pilots require time training and Knopp is planning on taking advantage of his new post to become as familiar as he can with space ship control system.
Lieutenant Commander Lindsey Jewkes has been promoted to Commander and taken the fighter ops desk job in Don's place.

Governor Perego has instructed Nix and Sheb Haan to come together and develop a joint design for a new space ship. Fleet Headquarters wants a mil spec ship with the endurance of the NL Searcher but the speed of the HI Magicman- all with the new J3000 jump engine. The new project, code named Earthworm, is given the highest priority.

November 15, 2035
After days of design work, Nix Labs and Haan Industries have been unable to fulfill Governor Perego's ship design request. It just is not possible, Nix claims. The hullsize required to carry the J3000 is just too great when the engine itself has a maximum hull limit. The NTET Micro Buzzer is much too small, and the NTET FORCE is too big.
They either need to refine the jump engine or develop a new standard engine.
This presents a problem... Haan Industries has the staff necessary to work on engine technology, but all of Haan's resources are tied up in Erin Fuest's jump gate technology research. Nix Labs, on the other hand, has lab space and resources available...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:32:00 pm by Goron »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:02 pm »

So...I've got the supplies, Sheb's got the manpower?

I see.  Would you actually like some input from us character claimants?  Or would it be easier for you to just do what's best for Earth? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2012, 11:57:06 pm »

I always want input, from anyone. Just don't expect me to always follow it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2012, 01:03:16 am »

Right.  Would it be okay if the dual project for a better engine be done?  I'd like a scientific and commercial alliance with Sheb. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2012, 06:45:21 am »

Yeah, I'm afraid I must strike a deal with you Nix. How's that: we'll develop the Nuclear Pulse tech and a military engine together and share the profits?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2012, 06:47:24 am »

50/50 and you've got a deal. 

Who gets to use the tech again? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2012, 06:58:44 am »

The Nuclear Pulse tech would be co-owned by both of us.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2012, 07:03:24 am »

Despite the fact that this probably doesn't have any gameplay basis, I agree.  Equal effort, equal gain. 

Wait what about the engine design? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2012, 07:18:39 am »

Let us put it in a contract.

Code: [Select]
By the present, Nix Laboratories Ltd. ("Nix Labs"), based in New York and Haan Industries ApS "Haan Industries",
based in Copenhagen, Denmark, agree to cooperate on the design of a Engine, satisfying the specifications of the
[i]UHF Military Engine Regulation Code[/i] and using the new Nuclear Pulse technology.

The Engine will be develloped in Nix Labs' research facilities with staff from both company under the direction
 from James Mcbay and Karen Lamay, employees from Haan Industries.

The Engine patent, as well as all the patents obtained in the process of designing said Engine will be the
propriety of Pulse Motors Ltd. an holding co-owned equally by Nix Labs and Haan Industries. Licence for
all Pulse Motors' patents will be granted to both Nix Labs and Haan Industries.

New York, the 18th of November,

Scotty S. Haan, PDG of Haan Industries.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:35:15 am by Sheb »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2012, 07:25:13 am »

...Seems fair.  I'm no lawyer, nor an Aurora player, so I can't really tell if there's any damaging fine print.  I find it interesting that both your employees will head the development of the engine. 

Both of us get patents...you're the one who can actually make ships with this engine, I don't think Nix labs can. 

Does this REALLY have any gameplay basis?

Hmm....fine, I agree, but only if you answer my questions. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2012, 07:32:07 am »

No, it has no gameplay basis. Pure RP.

I'll probably never use the military engine. You'll use it for your Xplore, but most of the profits will come from licencing it to the UHF military.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2012, 07:33:04 am »

Well, this is fun RPing, for me at least.  Yeah, I agree.  Nice job with the contract, how'd you write it like that? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2012, 09:46:31 am »

niccceeeeeeee
Thank you for giving me something to work with! Hopefully I'll be getting more time in this evening than last.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2012, 10:01:04 am »

Well, this seems to have spiraled away from my goldfish attention span quick. Might be a good idea to get a dramatis personae here. For the time being, I'm just content piloting into space and discovering things, though once wars start, being in command of something would be nice.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2012, 12:14:01 pm »

This is really cool

Can I take a random space captain? Tell me his traits and I'll try to RP 'em.  :)

A brilliant read!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13