Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Let's Play (another) Aurora! Hooray! (doomed to die, fyi)  (Read 12643 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play (another) Aurora! Hooray! (doomed to die, fyi)
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2012, 10:04:34 am »

You got your Explore ships methink.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2012, 10:06:41 am »

I doubt Shades would be interested in piloting one of those.  How did the ships get manufactured?  I thought Nix Labs had only....well, labs. 

I have never played Aurora, ever, so forgive me if I missed something obvious. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2012, 10:08:34 am »

My ship ain't ready yet. We own part of a shipyard, but we'll probably end renting another yard.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2012, 10:09:56 am »

No I meant, the Xplore ship. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2012, 10:10:40 am »

Government yards did I guess. It's not clear if you own the ship, or if the gov does.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:39 am »

Welp, can't do anything except wait for Goron. 

What are the techs I can research in genetics? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2012, 10:13:17 am »

I strongly recommend putting some of those missile systems on my freighter!
I would love to teach some hippies a lesson.

Screwing with genes they say?
Screw with this missile! *kappcheeewwww*
Unfortunately you cannot take on weapons while maintaining a commercial classification. That classification does not make a you a 'civilian' but rather more of a merchant marine. The benefit of the commercial classification comes with the use of commercial engines. They are huge, super fuel efficient and never breakdown.
If you want an armed command, you can request transfer.
I'll vote for Governor Perego. No more silly defense spending.

Do we have freighters and colony ships yet?
There are three Atlas freighters ferrying automines right now. No colony ships yet. And interesting enough, I am pretty sure that Nix owns the cryogenic transport design... I briefly looked through this thread to find my mention of it but failed, if you find it feel free to point it out, otherwise I need to look through the game logs.

Sheb, you sly dog.   

Since Nix Labs doesn't have any ships ( that I know of ) I can't get Shades on board. 

Grrr......must wait for genetics breakthrough.  Humanity shall become unto the gods themselves!  With !!SCIENCE!!.
You are literally like days away from completing the research... And, you do have Nix Labs designed ships in operations, several. All the Xplore ships are NL (or legacy BR) tagged. If you have an idea for a new ship type/design let me know and I'll see if I can work it in.

Shades, Xeron, Chaoticag, your political stances are noted.
Xeron, I have you first in line to command an Amazon space station, if that is still your wish.
Shades, you will get a ship soon, I just didn't think it was worth assigning you to one of the older models to start since some new ships will be being built soon. If you want to fly a ship NOW I can put you in an enforcer or Magicman or something, or an Atlas or New Horizon or something. Not a big deal one way or another. I just didn't want to waste you on a not warship since you actually have some great combat skills.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2012, 10:15:42 am »

Days?  Cool. 

No real ideas for a ship design, beyond a really vague and unhelpful description. I don't know any good specs for a ship.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2012, 10:19:30 am »

Shades, you will get a ship soon, I just didn't think it was worth assigning you to one of the older models to start since some new ships will be being built soon. If you want to fly a ship NOW I can put you in an enforcer or Magicman or something, or an Atlas or New Horizon or something. Not a big deal one way or another. I just didn't want to waste you on a not warship since you actually have some great combat skills.

I noticed the initiative but I'm not really sure what all the values compare too, and what is good etc, so no rush I can wait for a good ship, I was just joining in the voting.

Although you know how it is, feeling the need to feel the ocean space beneath me.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2012, 10:27:18 am »

NRDL, technically all ships and shipyards are 100% government controlled. I am adding a lot of extra politicking and rp in.
That said...

Nix Labs doesn't really own any shipyards. You own ship designs, but not really the ships. That is because all of your ship designs have been mil spec. So imagine Boeing, when they design a Boeing 787 they can freely build and sell them as they wish. But when they help design the f22 raptor (bad analogy since it is mostly a lockheed Martin design, but...) they cannot just go and make them and sell them and control them. The government dictates who where why and when.
So when you design a mil spec Xplore ship, the government will buy or license the design and build them on navy shipyards.

Haan Industries currently designs a lot of commercial classed ships, they have a little more freedom in the when why where of building and deploying them. BUT, due to their relationship with the government, they truly do not have 100% full command of the ships. Navy personnel captain them and therefore if the governor says do this or do that the Haan ship will do it. So in the end even the Haan ships are more so under government control than HI control. But they still get paid, as does Nix Labs, for the use of their ships.
That's how I see it, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2012, 10:29:38 am »

Actually, we own the patents for Cryogenic module.Source

How big is my shipyard? I'd like to strike a deal with the Palomo Group, a joint venture to... colonize Mars!

We'll build Colony Ships and send colonists to Mars. They will build infrastructures and send it to Mars using their Atlas ships. We share the profits from the colony.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2012, 10:30:17 am »

You would make a pretty cool gamemaster Goron. 

Thanks for the rundown.  Also, again, what does genetic research eventually get us? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2012, 10:31:58 am »

Modified humans that can colonize harsh environment.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2012, 10:34:30 am »

That's it? Daaaaawwwwww.

Still, this would be good for your attempt to Mars. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2012, 10:35:30 am »

Yes, genetic isn't that useful in-game.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13