Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Most annoying deaths  (Read 3776 times)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
Re: Most annoying deaths
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 02:22:14 am »

fuck's arrow to the head. In vanilla i had an elf adventurer who used his mahogany long sword (first for training, then just for style purposes) was massacring a bandit camp full of goblins when one lucky shot to the head instakilled him. fucking legendary swordsman and fighter.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 02:45:13 pm »

The story I am about to tell you is 100% TRUE!
I was a simple adventurer and I had gone into a human fort to gather some followers. I stayed the night, but when I woke up, it was all different. Armok must've unleashed hell upon the land or something, because I wake up and the land around me starts to fall out. I run outside with flying debris everywhere (sections of wall, water, lava, and what not), and I notice a huge gorge in the ground. Next to me, the fort wall collapses, creating another crater in the ground. The force from the shock wave sends me flying into the huge crater, where I see some of the greatest horrors possible. I fall past falling blocks of obsidian (water and lava must've fused in the air), and past helpless troglodytes from the caverns below. I soon fell into the magma sea, where I burned to death.

I don't even...  :o
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 03:21:19 pm »

Every death that starts with you beating up bogeymen then one of them gets lucky shot and you are dead.

Jimmitheking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 04:23:39 pm »

i was figthing a master axeman for about 10 minutes irl now. I had killed her 2 spearman friends, but each time i had a chane to score a hit, she dodged away.
Same for me; I dodged almost all her shot.
It was so epic.. Me running a round, slashing at her with my maul...
Then she have a lucky hit on my left foot.
I fall over and cannot stand up.
I grab her with my left leg, and take her down.
Then i try to hit a score on her lower body...
she dodge away... what - the - fuck
But thats nothing..
Despite my bleeding wound at the left foot, and being on ground, i roll away, slash her and all this.
Then..
The bitch kick me in the second finger of left hand with her left foot side...
My finger broke, my guy give in to pain and she strike right in the head.

no... really....
what..the..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I’m waiting for “Sausage Factory Worker 2011: Conveyor Belt Controller Edition”"
That's soon to come, im sure of that!

Just Cause 2 is like if Spiderman joined Al'queda.

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 05:22:53 pm »

1.Death by... uhh... A THING, I seriously dont know what it was, there were 2 of those things one attacked me just after I rested to recover from the attack of the other one, they were fast, shared a similar sprite but not the same colour, and had some sort of sindrome smoke around them, the first one cut my leg of but I managed to kill it but it some sindrome that made me weak and sick, the other one had a paralizing sindrome that.. paralized me and it proceded to bite(I think it was biting)my limbs of one after another, seriously, it was like: first fingher right hand, second finger right hand....
And it was so fast i didnt bleed to death, it eventually cut my eyeless, noseless... head of.

2.Death by arrow to the throat: Self explanatory.

3.Death by horse: Also self explanatory.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 07:26:11 pm »

I had this legendary Swordhuman, And I was going to this town to report another success, when all of a sudden, the ground FRIGGING COLLAPSES, and I get knocked unconcious, The collapse creates a giant frigging hole that goes all the way down to the magma sea, And I burn the death. The hell?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SkillageFTW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 04:16:30 pm »

I go to sleep on the beach, and I wake up to see that a Great White Shark washed up on the shore and it kills me.

roflgar

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lethargy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 05:50:50 pm »

well just now I had been exploring the caverns as a unicorn adventurer. Being bored and having been abandoned by my companions in my sleep, I decided to find my way back to the surface.

About a half hour later I'm nearly there, when troglodites

no problem I thought, I've killed a couple groups of them.

FIFTY KILLS LATER

I kill what seemed to be the last of them and start walking when OUT OF NOWHERE

a giraffe...in the caverns...covered in the blood of a cave bear, an elk bird, and several trogs
first blow breaks my spine
second smashes my head like a pumpkin

the most annoying part was the fact that with a broken spine, I lost control of my horn(wtf?)
NatureLabor:  largest concentration of elf-loving dwarves and a few dwarfs trying to beat that out of them.
-TerrisH

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 08:51:42 pm »

My legenday adventurer went to kill a Werewolf in a cave , the werewolf's first shot tore my adventurers throat out and he blead to death 3 moves later.

another legendary adventurer charging towards a group of bandits was oneshotted in the head by a crossbowman :(

Aleksander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 01:45:54 am »

well just now I had been exploring the caverns as a unicorn adventurer. Being bored and having been abandoned by my companions in my sleep, I decided to find my way back to the surface.

FIFTY KILLS LATER

a giraffe...in the caverns...covered in the blood of a cave bear, an elk bird, and several trogs

the most annoying part was the fact that with a broken spine, I lost control of my horn(wtf?)

And children, some say the cave giraffe is still alive today, crushing troglodytes and any foolish beings willing to brave the subterranean grotto he calls his home.

Dragons will add an additional dwarf to their size for every two years after that

I know what you meant, but I parsed this as "Dragons will eat a dwarf every two years". Which really, would be about the most dwarven pet you could get.

Rallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2012, 06:30:36 am »

It's always goblin or kobold archers. And it's always in eye. And it's always a copper or silver arrowhead, just to mock all the EXTREME IRONMONGERY I'm wearing at the time.

The most annoying one that wasn't stock standard was one of those "ambushed by goblins while you're asleep" thing. I'm fully armored, Legendary at everything that matters, put a serious dent in the world's dragon population, and the first thing I know about the ambush is when I wake up with a punctured lung and pass out almost immediately from lack of air. And then wake up again a little later.

With no legs.

huhwhozat

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels mysterious construction: taken by mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2012, 04:58:58 am »

I'm having fun with my ludicrously powerful demigod human legendary swordsman/hammerman; full iron equipment, able to effectively wield two-handed sword/warhammer with one hand (shield in the other), running around one-shotting dragons and titans (two really STRANGE ones by the way - one a salt blob with wings, the other a floating mass of steam.)  I've killed 5 rocs and having been decorating my lair with their skulls.  I have 4+ chests overflowing with jewels of all sorts.  I'm on my way back from killing the steam titan (with a 'piece' of his steam stowed in my pack) when I'm brought out of fast travel.

Wolves!  No problem.  I've dealt with wolves many a time.  Wait.  What is this?  I'm stuck in a dry 'murky pool'?  No ramps visible...  Okay, I'll wait 'till the wolves leave and then fast-travel out.  Wait until dusk.  Not a single wolf has budged an inch.  If only it would rain so I could swim out!  Wait.  Wait.  The damn wolves are still motionless.  I can't sleep because I don't feel safe enough in my little hole with wolves peering down at me.  I try to lure the wolves to the edge so that I can strike them down.  Still no movement.    Out of options, I give in to starvation.

Then I realize that I was running DFHack.  With tiletypes.  I should have just made myself a ramp.
        Did you sense a disturbance in the dwarf?
        edit: ... as if millions of kittens suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
        edit2: I fear something delicious has happened.

huhwhozat

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels mysterious construction: taken by mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2012, 05:09:42 am »

Every death that starts with you beating up bogeymen then one of them gets lucky shot and you are dead.

This.  The following is one combat log I received:

The bogeyman strikes you in the head, fracturing the skull through your *iron helm*, tearing the brain.  You have been knocked unconscious.  You are deceased.

Let me stress that this was the FIRST hit that the bogeys had made (all the others dodged proficiently), and it struck THROUGH both an *iron helm* and an iron cap or two.  >:(

After this occurrence I modded myself the ability to craft adamantine gear and went to slaughter some bogeyman.  I couldn't get left/right gauntlets working right though, so I just bought and iron pair.  Several minutes later:

The bogeyman punches you in the  hand, bruising the skin and chipping the bone through your iron gauntlets.  Three rounds later I pass out and proceed to be ripped apart by tiny sharp teeth.

I fear bogeyman more than even a bronze colossus.  At least I can avoid the colossus.
        Did you sense a disturbance in the dwarf?
        edit: ... as if millions of kittens suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
        edit2: I fear something delicious has happened.

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2012, 12:52:24 pm »

In one of my adventures, after getting hopelessly lost in the caves beneath the world, I cam across a Troll wandering the dark caves.

Now this was a welcome change from my usual fare of jumping on Trogs and pulling their teeth out until they pass out then strangling them to death. So I was pretty excited to take on this troll. It would be a fine feather in my cap so to speak.

So to start, I threw a bunch of trog teeth at him as my opening move and then readied my great brozen axe. The troll comes at me, and swing my axe mightly! It embeds in his ribs. I try to get a grip on it and pull it out. I can pull it out. I loose my grip on it. The troll back hands me, I go sprawling across the cave.

Stumbling to my feet, I start throwing more teeth at it, hoping for a lucky hit the eyes or something. Unconcerned by the ferocity of my bitting assualt, the cave troll grabs the axe from his own ribs and pulls it out easily. It then walks up to me and hits me with it.

I can only assume it hit me with the flat side, because I didn't lose my head, but I did lose my lights. My adventure decided to take a unwelcome nap on the cave floor. At which point the cave troll strangled me to death and the left to wander the caves with his new Great Bronze Axe.
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2012, 04:47:16 pm »

FIFTY KILLS LATER

And children, some say the cave giraffe is still alive today, crushing troglodytes and any foolish beings willing to brave the subterranean grotto he calls his home.

Cave Giraffe. That sounds like an awesome new critter. And I bet he just wanted to be your pet! Then he killed you. Because he loved you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3