Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 329236 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #2205 on: April 25, 2013, 05:36:07 pm »

We should pick somewhere else in town as the center of our people search, and stagger distances from there.  When enough disappearances have happened that people start noticing a circular area of effect emerging, we want it to indicate the wrong place as the point of origin... preferably several miles away from here.
Good idea!

We should also see if we can get any info about Sasha.
In the words of Yahtzee; "Everyone seemed to think I wanted to go in pursuit of the bloke who shot my brain, but I'd have thought the fact that he shot me in the brain was a fucking good reason to not pursue the guy.".
Funny, but what is that from?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: April 26, 2013, 01:09:22 am »

Yahtzee's review of Fallout New Vegas

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: April 26, 2013, 03:56:02 pm »

In the interest of science, you grab a pc and take a look at the corporation Sasha controls, and about the lady herself.
The same as last time, though you stay away from the creepy-ass fansite.
An interesting tidbit has been added though, stating that people are starting to think they might be causing those city-wide outbreaks of the "black death".
A search through that shows that they are covering it up by saying it's a new strain of the bubonic plague. In a world where a worm can mutate one's body to ridiculous extents, this isn't as far-fetched as it sounds.

Small-talk continues, and you make a small wiki-walk with your two companions.
You ask for their favorite song or poem, while you're at it. Supposedly to get some info on that.
I don't want to set the world on fire.
Since when?
It's the name of the song, jackass. By the Ink Spots.
Alright, alright. And you Theresa?
I don't know what any of those two things are. almost as if I grew up in some fucking lab where the closest thing to having fun was getting injected with drugs so I don't die from shock.
I'm sorry... We can look up some music!? No need to be all business all the time.
That would be welcome, actually. Just take a little break... Though I'm willing to just keep doing whatever it is we do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2208 on: April 26, 2013, 04:08:53 pm »

Nice reference there, get the music, and keep doing what we were doing until they get off there brake.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: April 26, 2013, 04:16:56 pm »

I have a feeling that this will go badly.
But sure, let's chill.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: April 26, 2013, 04:16:57 pm »

Interesting... if the people turn against the corporation, that will weaken them both and strengthen our bid for total world domination!!! Muhahah!

On that note, lets take over this new town. Go to a mall and have our zombies surround the place as inconspicuously as possible (maybe steal a few cars and park them full of zombies at all the exits. Then just walk in and start biting people, when people panic and run outside, the Banana Gang horde springs the trap!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: April 26, 2013, 04:19:23 pm »

Interesting... if the people turn against the corporation, that will weaken them both and strengthen our bid for total world domination!!! Muhahah!

On that note, lets take over this new town. Go to a mall and have our zombies surround the place as inconspicuously as possible (maybe steal a few cars and park them full of zombies at all the exits. Then just walk in and start biting people, when people panic and run outside, the Banana Gang horde springs the trap!
We don't have enough zombies.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: April 26, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »

Yep.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: April 27, 2013, 01:02:54 pm »

Been thinking. Theresa uses her will to reshape the world, and is implied to be the only magic-using elf. So, are we dealing with a sourcerer? A source of magic? If so, then we need to RUN. Or get something along the lines of a million zombie army, the dungeon dimensions are nasty.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: April 27, 2013, 01:49:40 pm »

Been thinking. Theresa uses her will to reshape the world, and is implied to be the only magic-using elf. So, are we dealing with a sourcerer? A source of magic? If so, then we need to RUN. Or get something along the lines of a million zombie army, the dungeon dimensions are nasty.
She's on our side though. Well, sort of. She has the whole enforced loyalty thing; but I'm thinking that even if she was recaptured the fact that she actually hates us less than the organisation would have some impact in the conditioning. Maybe not a whole lot, but we can improve.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: April 27, 2013, 03:34:15 pm »

She's on our side though. Well, sort of. She has the whole enforced loyalty thing; but I'm thinking that even if she was recaptured the fact that she actually hates us less than the organisation would have some impact in the conditioning. Maybe not a whole lot, but we can improve.
Eh, if she is a sourcerer, then the dungeon dimensions will come anyway, they are attracted to magic. And we should make friends with her. After all this seems to have a lot of pony-themed things in it, and friendship is magic. So, perhaps with more friends comes more firepower? Be useful.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: April 27, 2013, 03:37:19 pm »

Eh, if she is a sourcerer, then the dungeon dimensions will come anyway, they are attracted to magic. And we should make friends with her. After all this seems to have a lot of pony-themed things in it, and friendship is magic. So, perhaps with more friends comes more firepower? Be useful.
Theresa spent basically her entire life in resentful isolation. She still does magic.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: April 28, 2013, 01:26:13 am »

Lets load up some techno well we are researchatizing, also see if the zed outbreaks are being followed by a conspiracy theorist or two.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: April 28, 2013, 03:28:59 pm »

Lets load up some techno well we are researchatizing, also see if the zed outbreaks are being followed by a conspiracy theorist or two.
Idea: Magitech gear. Magical technology would be useful. Lightning bolt along rails to launch a large projectile into orbit, and a little simple math to deal with the impact.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: April 28, 2013, 03:50:30 pm »

You proceed to just chill for a bit.
It's nice, really. You realize that haven't really taken much of a break except when eating or sleeping.
Nothing of note really happens though. The day passes without incident and TW attempts some new magic. She does all sorts of things, from telekinesis to transformations.
Now, she only grew cat ears but she's pretty sure that, with time she might be able to turn something into a cat.
Her sudden craving for catnip made her realize that she'd change in mind as well, so it is immeasurably risky to do so.

She isn't going to fiddle with that anymore. For the rest, nothing important happened, except for the basic advantages you get from taking a break.
Seeing how this is a short update here's a little story from the happy rainbow-filled world of Warhammer 40k.
Once upon a time, an ork warboss decided it would be an interesting idea to enter the Warp (explanation with credit to the the Lexicanum wiki:
Unusually, he got back out. What was more peculiar was the fact that he came out before he entered. He then proceeded to think like an ork.
He went back to himself, and killed himself because he wanted two copies of his favorite gun.
Even the orks were confused, to the point that they called off their WAAAAGH! This does not happen a lot, I guarantee you.

Also, I have no idea where you people are getting this whole sourcerer thing from. I never heard of it. And magi-tech isn't feasible without some involvement of people who know what they are doing. And TW's predicament is the direct result of exactly that.
They force the electricity out of her to conserve power. Selfcasting also hurts more while killing less.
I am going way to overboard in playing these guys off as evil, aren't I. But eh, you people don't come here for clever, writing.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:53:16 pm by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 257