Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 329215 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #2145 on: April 06, 2013, 06:46:04 am »

I still say we should look for where the ranger came from. Chances are there's a shelter or building somewhere, which will have some supplies in.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 06, 2013, 10:56:04 am »

I agree.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 06, 2013, 04:02:28 pm »

You give a good look throughout the forest, until you find the cabin. After an hour or so you find it.
The owner had a decently stocked fridge in there, which grants food for your companions for at least a week.
Now, you set up some plans. Diane took a laptop along, and the cabin has electricity through a generator.
The nearest large city is very far away. Fortunately, Google Street View assists in finding places to hide in when you get there.

You have the choice between an abandoned-looking warehouse, some old villa for sale and the sewers, I guess.
You'll cross that bridge when you get to it.
TW has been kept away from this, though she doesn't mind. She just flicks her hand to make fire spout out at random times. Evidently to keep her attention to the world, according to her.
There's not much else to do right now. You can leave and set up camp in the city, or stay here and do some stuff.
If you leave to the city, give a plan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 06, 2013, 05:46:22 pm »

Well, the warehouse would be the obvious choice for us, since Sasha knows that we like abandoned places, so that one's right out. Hoping to double-bluff against her would be stupid.
The sewers are similar in that it fits our style, but on the other hand they offer a lot of mobility so are a good choice. The villa is my favourite choice though. There's pretty much no chance of someone finding us accidentally, and it should be remote enough, being an old building, that there'll be some good hidings in there.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 06, 2013, 07:54:09 pm »

Well, the warehouse would be the obvious choice for us, since Sasha knows that we like abandoned places, so that one's right out. Hoping to double-bluff against her would be stupid.
The sewers are similar in that it fits our style, but on the other hand they offer a lot of mobility so are a good choice. The villa is my favourite choice though. There's pretty much no chance of someone finding us accidentally, and it should be remote enough, being an old building, that there'll be some good hidings in there.

And if we're lucky, there might be hidden rooms and stuff like that.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: April 07, 2013, 12:21:17 am »

I think we should kill Theresa. She's a wild card, and an extremely dangerous one at that. We really have no way of telling whether she's really on our side, and if she suddenly loses it, she could just torch half our hoard (or worse, US!) with a flick of her hand. We're really just extremely lucky that she hasn't done any serious damage yet.

She'd probably come back and bite us in a big way if we just abandon her, and she's much too dangerous to keep around. We have to kill her.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 07, 2013, 01:03:15 am »

We'll never get anywhere if we eliminate every powerful tool or resource because it could be used against us.  Be careful with Theresa's Whisper, but definitely keep her.

The villa sounds good.  We'll need to find a way to either buy it without revealing ourselves, or keep real estate agents away.

Let's use our internet connection first to see if we can download any good information on Buddhist teachings.  If Whisper can teach herself to limit or eliminate the effects desire and suffering can have on her, she should become more stable.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 07, 2013, 04:25:11 am »

Hey, how about this: We "acquire" funds to buy the villa and have Diane be the one to buy it?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 07, 2013, 04:47:14 am »

Hey, how about this: We "acquire" funds to buy the villa and have Diane be the one to buy it?
No.
If it's bought then it's official. The law gets involved, people go there.

If it's for sale and old and abandoned and all that then pretty much nobody goes there. So long as we don't do anything like light a fire there or leave lights visible then we'll be undisturbed.

Not to mention that the massive crime spree to obtain that much money would be highly noticeable.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:49:27 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 07, 2013, 09:42:49 am »

I agree. Also, Urist, remember this: It's not her fault. She was practically brainwashed by them, trained like an animal with punishments for defiance and "rewards", in this case addictive and no doubt mind-altering drugs. She's been treated like less than an animal all of her life, forced to do whatever that company wants her to do, and she absolutely hates them for it. And you want to kill her because of something she has no control over? Think ahead, man. We can't go in without plans anymore. That's wha got us handed our asses. We need to always be two, maybe three steps ahead of our foes. Plan for everything. We're supposed to be a 'smart' Zombie, and I think it's time we started to prove it.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 08, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »

NO KILLING THE ELF.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 08, 2013, 05:50:27 pm »

NO KILLING THE ELF.
+1. Magic will be useful, magical items are quite rare these days apparently, and I bet that she can make us some sort of magic rifle that shoots flaming bullets or something.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 08, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »

NO KILLING THE ELF.
+1. Magic will be useful, magical items are quite rare these days apparently, and I bet that she can make us some sort of magic rifle that shoots flaming bullets or something.
Or more practically she could probably use her (kind of passive?) mind control powers to better manage the zombies.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 09, 2013, 01:43:56 pm »

Urist, remember this: It's not her fault. She was practically brainwashed by them, trained like an animal with punishments for defiance and "rewards", in this case addictive and no doubt mind-altering drugs.
That doesn't make her any less dangerous.

Ok guys. I'll just be here waiting to say, "I told you so."
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 09, 2013, 02:01:58 pm »

If, IF something like that does happen, I will be one of the first to admit that you were right. However, I never said we would trust her, now did I? I simply don't believe that the risk of keeping her around counterbalances her usefulness to us... for the time being. If I even begin to think that TW is planning to betray us, I will suggest that we preemtively tale her out of the picture. If.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 257