Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 329188 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #2085 on: March 24, 2013, 04:46:50 pm »

I'm thinking that the whole "keeping humans alive" deal won't work. Diane got a pass because she displayed her usefulness before we had a chance to kill her. Sasha, on the other hand, we kept way after she was useful.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 25, 2013, 03:37:19 pm »

I'm thinking that the whole "keeping humans alive" deal won't work. Diane got a pass because she displayed her usefulness before we had a chance to kill her. Sasha, on the other hand, we kept way after she was useful.

If we really want to take over, we're going to have to either keep some humans alive, or risk employing other smart zombies.  There's no way around it.  As a bare minimum we're going to need long-distance communication, and an ability to delegate tasks.  That requires functioning brains out there listening to us, and probably some infrastructure and maintenance for same.  One man (even an powerful, clever, and attractive quasi-dead man) cannot directly micromanage things on a city, state, national, or global scale.

But enough of that for now.  Let's find something powerful that we should hurt, before we angrily destroy something we want to keep.  To the wilderness!  Or maybe the zoo!
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 25, 2013, 03:42:58 pm »

We can't really stay here for long, regardless.

And we should probably not stop places. Or get into any conflicts.
Alternatively we could burn out and make every update up to our death just be a desperate attempt to get revenge. That would cause our death rather quickly, but eh. Most people would probably rather the story went on longer.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 26, 2013, 04:29:46 pm »

You give a LOUD roar in anger, and flip the desk over with a kick. Diane comes in, looks at how you're doing, then quickly leaves before a chair impacts the wall next to her.
You compose yourself again, just make it a point in your mental agenda to make sure it hurts when you catch her.
The search for Bennie ends up a failure. He's just gone. There's no way of knowing what they did, but you found some soldiers that look like they drowned.
Looking through online maps, you find a forest with some bear trouble. You stomp outside, having made sure that Katey is really dead.
A bullet through the forehead does not leave much room for interpretation.

When you go outside you see TW is just staring at the horizon. Diane walks up to her and asks:
Honey, what's wrong? You look.... angry, actually.
You turn and see she looks as if she's trying to force her normal stoic face, and she's failing. It's twitching, a bit, and Diane is about to reach out to her shoulder when TW starts screaming.
THEY FUCKED UP THE ENTIRE THING! THEY JUST WANT TO KILL ME NOW?! I WAS WILLING TO DO SO MUCH, AND NOW THEY THROW ME AWAY?
What the hell is wrong? Calm do-I WILL NOT "CALM DOWN". I HAVE BEEN CALM FOR EVERY MOMENT SINCE I WAS FREED. AND IT WAS A FACADE!
W-WHAT?
You notice TW's eyes seem filled with some sort of purple lightning.
WHAT? DID YOU THINK THAT LOCKING UP A GIRL WITH NO CONTACT EXCEPT FOR SHOCKS AND ORDERS WOULD MAKE HER EMOTIONLESS? HOW STUPID ARE YOU? I. AM. ANGRY! I WANTED TO PLEASE THEM, BUT I HATE THEM! I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM! THEY TOOK ME AWAY, THEY TORTURED ME! WHY DO I WANT TO HELP THEM?!
She grabs Diane by the collar.
EXPLAIN IT TO ME! HOW DID THEY DO THIS TO MEEEEEE! She looks Diane in the eyes for a while, while panting heavily. Then she slowly seems to calm down while Diane just looks at her in pity and fear.
Her eyes lose the glow. She stops grabbing Diane's collar, and her gaze falls to the ground.

She starts crying. She would have fallen on her knees had Diane not caught her.
Why..... I don't know why I want to help them. You people have shown me more kindness then any other and yet I'd betray you?.....What the hell have they d-done to me.
She just cries on Diane's shoulder for a while.
Anything you'd like to add? The forest plan will be carried out in the next update if travel is possible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hurf, I hope this doesn't look silly. Writing outburst dialogue is pretty hard without it sounding sort of silly or cliched.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 26, 2013, 05:17:53 pm »

TW, what have you done?!?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 26, 2013, 05:52:40 pm »

Tell Diane to stay here and clear up, then just leave for a while, we need to be by ourselves.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 26, 2013, 05:57:29 pm »

Tell Diane to stay here and clear up, then just leave for a while, we need to be by ourselves.

And then fight all the bears.  If we don't vent this temper in a safe direction soon, we are going to rip off TW's head and shit down her neck.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 26, 2013, 06:01:45 pm »

Tell Diane to stay here and clear up
This might be a bad idea. This area is not safe anymore. The guys who did this might come back.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »

Ok lets find a populated city sneak in and start infecting the homeless then wipe it out a leave a very easy message for Sasha to see what happens when you mess with us, also lets leave no survivors.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 26, 2013, 06:31:05 pm »

Indeed. No more beating around the bush. No more small towns or villages. These bastards want a war? FINE. We'll give them a fuckin war. And I promise, by the end of this, they will fucking rue this day. And that's not a threat. That's a fucking promise. They call us a monster. It's time we showed them the meaning of the word, no? We'll deal with TW later.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 26, 2013, 07:27:04 pm »

Ok lets find a populated city sneak in and start infecting the homeless then wipe it out a leave a very easy message for Sasha to see what happens when you mess with us, also lets leave no survivors.

If we can do this without just plain destroying the homeless, great.  How intact do they have to be to turn into zombies instead of just squishy gore piles?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 26, 2013, 07:35:02 pm »

Indeed. No more beating around the bush. No more small towns or villages. These bastards want a war? FINE. We'll give them a fuckin war. And I promise, by the end of this, they will fucking rue this day. And that's not a threat. That's a fucking promise. They call us a monster. It's time we showed them the meaning of the word, no? We'll deal with TW later.
It is fucking on. No mercy, no quarter. Exterminate every last one of them.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 27, 2013, 12:57:49 am »

Punching bears is great, seriously, but TW is pretty clearly "compromised".  She's basically admitting that she betrayed us to the agency, and will do so again despite her best efforts.  She *really* needs our help, now.

Fortunately she actually likes us, so she'll cooperate.  I think we need to give her all the information we can find on torture and brainwashing.  She needs to understand what they did to her, which should allow her to reject it.  I understand that this could backfire disasterously, but we have to try.  She is literally begging to know!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 27, 2013, 01:35:05 am »

Can we trust ourselves to help her when we might just split her head open to check for mind-control devices the hard way, and on some level think the traitorous bitch would deserve it?

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 27, 2013, 05:31:30 am »

She's been tortured her whole life, conditioned to do what they want or be punished. It's not her fault. If it comes to that, though.... We'll get revenge for her, too.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 257