Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 329155 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #2010 on: March 09, 2013, 05:47:07 pm »

What's the plan for the children?
We shouldn't eat them as a sign of good faith, but they can't work at all.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 09, 2013, 05:51:26 pm »

Sure they can. We need people to do things our zombies can't and our zombies are dumb. Even being able to sort items we loot by categories like clothes, human food, and tools would be useful.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 09, 2013, 06:02:40 pm »

Sure they can. We need people to do things our zombies can't and our zombies are dumb. Even being able to sort items we loot by categories like clothes, human food, and tools would be useful.
Agreed there.
There's a book I read at some point and it's totally applicable here. Shame I can't remember what it's called and I can't be bothered trawling through my bookshelves to find it.

EDIT: Okay, since I lied and did look for it but can't actually find it; the general premise was that the sea levels raised massively, and people have to live on small islands. There's not enough land to sustain farming and most previous farmland is flooded. Most food them comes from scavenging, and there's a particular group that owns an island where a scavenging team operated out of. They take on teenage boys from residential areas to work on the island sorting scavenged materials and food; and every parent wants their son their because it's guaranteed that they'll have food for however long they work there.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 06:10:35 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 09, 2013, 09:03:32 pm »

lets leave Whisper with Diane and go into town w/ a truck, looking for shops and such as we need food and clothing for our workers. dead workers are not useful.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 10, 2013, 02:35:37 am »

Joining now.

Theresa's Whisper should interview our new detainees -- not alone, but as an assistant to Diana. She can get in some mind probing practice, and find out at the same time how resistant these people are to magic. But have her go easy. If we start hurting these people after agreeing not to, they'll distrust us even more and be harder to work with, so no migraines or head explosions, please.

When we get back to town, seek out feral zombies - loners or small groups if possible - and try to convert them. First with firm commands, in case it is just that they lack a sense of belonging and purpose. If that fails, bite some to try and overwrite/revise their current infection with what we normally would inflict.

lets leave Whisper with Diane and go into town w/ a truck, looking for shops and such as we need food and clothing for our workers. dead workers are not useful.

I'd say do these both, and also look for building materials at a hardware store or something. Lumber, metal plating, barbed wire, anything to build a good fence to keep the humans in.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 10, 2013, 03:00:25 am »

I agree on trying to get some hardware to keep the humans contained, but we should take it a step further.  We need adequate sleeping/living quarters for them.  They don't need to wallow in luxury, but we need to keep them healthy and (to a degree) comfortable.  If we can get these people to like us, or at least genuinely accept us, we can eventually trust them with less supervision and with riskier tasks.  As it is now, we couldn't dare let them drive vehicles unless they were part of very heavily armed convoys, and/or with us holding children hostage.  They'll be more useful to us if we can build a good enough working relationship to allow them semi-autonomy.

TLDR: Try to get some small creature comforts to go with the fencing hardware.  A dozen mattresses and blanket sets (they can hot-bunk, we're not providing luxury), two big tables and 20 simple chairs could go a long way toward keeping them calm and pliable.

But let's save this idea for after we try to get the feral zombies under our control, or determine that we can't.  For now they're a hazard, they need to be either subjugated or destroyed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:12:03 am by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 10, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »

Also, the children make for good insurance. We keep them close, and we treat them well. But if they(the adults, that is) even think of revolting, remind them, not too unkindly, that the fates of thier children lie in our hands. If they're smart, they'll catch the thinly veiled threat. Hopefully, that'll be enough. We're not complete monsters, after all.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: March 10, 2013, 06:37:29 pm »

And we can brainwash the kids.

we might want to get nice things for our workers. i.e.: drugs, alcohol, good food, toys for the kids, reading material, etc.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 10, 2013, 07:09:02 pm »

And we can brainwash the kids.

we might want to get nice things for our workers. i.e.: drugs, alcohol, good food, toys for the kids, reading material, etc.
Exactly. The trick, you see, is to be firm, but fair. Just, but not cruel. We shall brrok no betrayal, but we can be merciful as well. We shoukd rule not through fear, but we won't be an overly kind ruler. Rule with an Iron fist, but don't overdo it.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 10, 2013, 07:11:09 pm »

Good work means good things, bad work means teaching. in other words, learning how to do it right. no punishment, just learning.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 11, 2013, 05:30:07 am »

Good work means good things, bad work means teaching. in other words, learning how to do it right. no punishment, just learning.
Indeed

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 11, 2013, 12:42:11 pm »

Yes. Deliberate betrayal demands a powerful deterrent response, but simple simple poor performance should be corrected with help, not harm. If we do this right, once we get past the stage of our captives being held to us only by fear and force (hopefully we can move past that quickly), we might be able to develop into something like an undead Hank Scorpio.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 11, 2013, 04:14:41 pm »

You enter the largely ransacked town,  running over any ferals who try to get in the way.
You do a basic shopping trip, really. Going through all the stores, collecting whatever's useful with your small amount of zombies.
Mattresses, toys, food... There are few problems with gathering these things, as most survivors simply left when the trouble started getting out of hand.
When you get back, you see Diane and TW are still interviewing the survivors a bit. They managed to get half-way through.

Your supplies came as a relieving sight for a lot of survivors. It's  proof you want them alive, at least.
You and your zombies set up some basic sleeping quarters, and your toys are put in a corner. You fill up the (powerless) fridge with books you found.
Some are just basic reading material, others are manuals on how to do things... You picked whatever you thought needed.
By the time you are done, the survivors have been interviewed. In total, you have 5 manual laborers, 2 teachers and 3 housewives. The rest are basic cubicle workers or some other form of similar work.
Most are educated, at least. The parents for all the children are here, except one father who got his head smashed in by a raiding group of survivors. His kid's only 5 years old.
The rest of the children are 8 years old, and 10.

Whisper did little during the interviews, as most were willing to give the info to avoid getting their delicates eaten.

stats+horde.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hostages
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 11, 2013, 04:19:29 pm »

Right. teachers and housewives take care of kids, skilled workers take groups of peasants and get to work on cleaning out nearby places while we guard. when they are done we might want to have them work on improving there quarters so they are a bit happier. kids can help with the last part, but for now lets see how much they know.

EDIT
oh, and lets see what is known about that group. we need food stocks and these guys are less likely to kill us while nobody likes gangs.
Highly Opinionated Fool

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 11, 2013, 04:24:36 pm »

What do we do with the abandoned five year old, Diane or us could use a protege.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 257