Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 328936 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #1545 on: December 22, 2012, 09:33:29 pm »

says who? besides, do we WANT her as one? we need her as backup while being sneaky.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 22, 2012, 10:19:54 pm »

In her current state one mis-placed strike or un-trained zombie would be her end, this way she's safer and deadlier.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 22, 2012, 10:47:03 pm »

says who? besides, do we WANT her as one? we need her as backup while being sneaky.
It will make her like us.

In other words, not really a zombie.  We can pass as human, can't we?  It would just make her stronger and smarter, with the ability to make zed.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 23, 2012, 12:21:09 am »

It will make her like us.

In other words, not really a zombie.  We can pass as human, can't we?  It would just make her stronger and smarter, with the ability to make zed.

These are the reasons to NEVER create more smart zombies using the slugs.

Firstly... yeah. it doesn't make smart zombies that are linked to us via being our progeny... it makes a being similiar to us! Who owes us no loyalty. Also, EVERY SINGLE ZOMBIE EVER CREATED underwent a personality change... so Diane might be loyal to us NOW, but AFTER being zombified with a slug? Who knows?

The 2nd part is possibly even a bigger problem. Smart zombies have the ability to make zed.
In other words... it's going to create an entire separate faction, that have no loyalty or obediance to us! Remember when Katie's brute recognized us and didn't punch us? ... A brute "descended" from Diane might have just killed us...
Also... what happens during times of limitted food? (and that time WILL come). "our" zombies have shown civility to each other to some extent, like snowflake giving food to our anklebiters... but if there's 2 or more factions of zombies from separate smart zombie parents? ... They might just kill each other!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 23, 2012, 12:23:41 am »

These are all long term problems, a the only change with us is that we started killing people, Diane already does that, and we can be a teacher of sorts to her, we be nice to her she won't make a faction.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 23, 2012, 12:40:09 am »

Yeah, Diane loves us.
She is not going to kill us.

Also, we didn't really have a personality change.  We just realized we had to eat someone.  The zed we made didn't have a personality change, really.  They just became brain dead and obedient to us.

Also, zed don't kill other zed.  They kill to eat, and they either can't or don't eat other undead.

I mean, infecting Sasha with the parasite would be a really dumbass idea, but having our second in command be abhuman seems pretty good to me.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 23, 2012, 12:42:33 am »

-snipped-

That is true. I doubt our character was undead Hitler before being Zero, Imagined Diane with her massive amounts of problems. We just don't know what will happen this is something we should AFTER we secure our place in the world.

Also hows Benny our Ghost?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 23, 2012, 03:37:33 am »

I'm pretty certain our actors and anklebiters wouldn't kill and effect their friends and family before we turned them...
I also recall our very first "HERO" enemy... we made his daughter go after him, and he killed her, remember?
So, zeds *WILL* kill their (previously) loved ones, without hesitation...

"Also, zed don't kill other zed.  They kill to eat, and they either can't or don't eat other undead."

Oh, wow. This would make zeds the most cultured and compassionate species on Earth then!!!
HUMANS kill each other over limitted resources.
Animals in nature fight each other over limitted food. (and some fights are to the death)

The reason OUR zombies don't fight each other (much) is because they are all "ants" that serve ONE "queen"... ie Zero himself.

Try getting 2 antfarms with 2 different queens, and plunk down only enough food for ONE colony to survive... do you think they're gonna work together or fight? ;)
Well, I'm not *certain* myself, but are you guys sure you wanna risk it? ;)

Now... having said that... when we finally get our hands on some slugs... I suggest that we EXPERIMENT!!! FOR SCIENCE!!!! ;)

IE, we need to have a "disposable" "captive" smart zombie... and use his body fluids to infect a mix of 20 zombies... and then we put in 20 more of our own zombies... and we plunk them in a soundproof building (so no outside orders to change their default behaviour)... and once in a while, we herd in enough "food" to satiate the hunger of... hmm... TEN (10) zombies!... and after some time, we see what results!

Most importantly, remember when Katie's brute almost attacked us, but stopped because he recognized us? ... We should also find out whether the "children" of another smart zombie WHO HAS NEVER MET US BEFORE can recognize us IN ANY WAY. As in... if smart-zombie Diane created some actors... who ran off and infected some normals, who went to another city and infected some brutes, etc etc, several generations down the line... we end up with some Brutes and actors descended from Diane, who have never actually met Zero or Diane before. These zed would recognize Diane as their ancestor, right? But what about Zero? Would they recognize Zero as "family"? Would they mistake Zero as a human and eat him? Would they obey Zero's orders? If Zero was attacked, would they rescue him, or would they save themselves first?

So many questions... so many variables...

I don't think it's a good idea to create smart zombies until we have the answers to at least SOME of these questions!

Edit:

Aha!!! An idea!!!
Sasha said that ZERO can switch out his old "expired" slug for a new slug, right?
If we want some smart zombies... maybe we should take a zombie who is ALREADY loyal to us, like snowflake, and try to get a slug into him?

Smart Zombie + Zombie that is absolutely loyal to us = WIN!!! ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:59:09 am by jasonred79 »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 23, 2012, 09:18:20 am »

I did come up with a plan to solve our future resource problem a long time ago. I know most of you aren't apart of the original group, so I forgive if this slips your mind, but, each time we go to a place, we should be trying to capture at least one breeding pair of humans. That was in hopes of making a "Farm" Later on, of people who we can use for experimental and food. The more we have to start off, the better of we will be. I started it with a hand full of captives, but they were quickly pushed under the rug. In fact, Diana was one. Maybe we can try and forward that plan again?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 23, 2012, 09:21:33 am »

Dude.  Those people they killed were fucking alive.  None of our zombies has killed another zombie.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 23, 2012, 10:12:42 am »

Dunno if this is gonna get retconned, but:

"Some patient who showed up at the hospital puked his guts(His literal guts) out in the lobby. Thankfully it happened when there weren't a lot of people there. Looking through what's left of the intestines you find some sort of worm.
Great, And here i was thinking that it couldn't get any more disgusting.
You attempt to grab the worm but it suddenly bites you right through the gloves! The wound is not too deep but it bleeds all the same. Remembering the horror stories you heard from some doctors about not cleaning wounds when mucking around in a corpse,you go to the bathroom to clean and disinfect the wound before going back to work."

"You are a human infected with a worm that gives a finite amount of mutations. Adding additional worms would increase the amount of mutations it can give and makes the previous worm die. You can create smart ones by putting a worm directly into the human brain. Foreign things such as drugs, alcohol and so on have the potential to mutate normal zombies. Aaaaaaaaand that's about it. Please leave me alone now. I have realizing what horrors i inflicted upon mankind to do."

So... what're the chances that Sasha's slug and your slug are *NOT* the same thing? Her's sounds like some parasite that lives in the brain... yours seems to have been some mutated version that breeds in the intestines and injects a hatchling into the victim via a bite? Or something?
heh... but as I said... feel free to retcon. Continuity should never get in the way of a good STORY! ;)

Also... we gotta ask Sasha whether those foreign things can be administered AFTER the zombification process or only BEFORE zombification! Cause if AFTER works... we can create a whole batch of vomit zombies by raiding a pub and telling some of our normals to go on a drinking binge!!!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:16:20 am by jasonred79 »

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 23, 2012, 01:30:04 pm »

You go back and double-check the bindings on Celeste. She wakes up in the middle of your inspection and starts thrashing around, trying to scream through the gag.
You collect a pair of handcuffs from the disemboweled guard and attach her to booth. That will most certainly keep her in there.
Diane keeps herself busy during your checking by clearing out the bodies and grabbing the automatic gun from Mark. She takes a look at it and grabs some clips from Mark's corpse.
Geh, these things are covered in blood!

She also grabs the bulletproof vest from Mark, finally giving her some protection. You grab Celeste's gun, a pump-action shotgun, and some shells.
You are ready to get going now. Sasha's clearing of the corpses couldn't remove the blood, so you'd still end up with an alarm going off if anyone find the smears.
Say, Diane?
Yeah? What is it?
Say i would find a way to turn you into a smart zombie, would you accept it. She seems very taken aback by the question.
I-I erm...I... I don't know about this. I trust you and all but still.... I don't think i can handle the idea of dying..... Was turning painfull? That question strangely makes you somewhat upset. You don't know why.
I'm not going to lie, it is. But after that you gain a lot of power. I'd say it was worth it.
Diane sighs deeply, and then says she needs to think about it. Then she says that we should get going.

Health:Hit. (arm hit, your blood is indeed not as necessary when zombified. But as a smart zombie you can still bleed out.)
Energy:Rested-ish.
Infectivity 31%
Hunger: Fed.
Durability level 2.5
Inventory:5 Biobombs. 28 worms.Smith & Wesson Model 500 (loaded), 10 .50 caliber bullets,  4 ammo boxes of .50 cal ammo. Remington Model 870(loaded) with 20 shells.
Gun experience: Can hit stuff.
Safe-house security:None.
Rage: Used for today.

Horde: 120-ish normals.(away)
Closest friend: Diane.
Paternal relationship: Katey.(with the horde)

I will explain the worms a bit better at a later time using another Madame Exposition. I will not retcon anything about the worms.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 23, 2012, 10:18:24 pm »

Are there dragons and unicorns in this setting? :)
If there are, can we infect one? I presume that Bio-Bombs and vomitters might get a dragon if it was ambushed...

Also... the infectivity stat has been there since the start of the game, but I haven't seen it come into play AT ALL... might be cool to have another survivor's log, about how some human survivor community has a few people who've been scratched, and it's degenerated into a psychological drama nightmare... heh heh...

Also... poor Diane... when a CHILD RAPE VICTIM says "will it hurt?" it has all sorts of other connotations... not surprised that Zero was disturbed by the question...

Edit:
Also, not sure about Zero, but the players don't really seem to care about Diane gaining POWER... merely survivability...
... Strange that I would care about portraying ourself as a good guy in this setting, ROFL... but I think it'd be nice to later say to Diane "actually, I don't need you to be any more stronger or faster or deadlier... I just want to keep you safe, and becoming a smart zombie would make you almost unkillable barring a precise headshot... you're my best friend, and I just can't lose you Diane..."

Ok, maybe too mushy? haha.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:24:45 pm by jasonred79 »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 24, 2012, 07:18:00 am »

Could Diane even get faster or stronger or deadlier? She's already pretty good at being all of those.
I'm pretty sure the important factor here is being less susceptible to classic causes of death.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 24, 2012, 02:18:20 pm »

can we NOT turn her in to a zed? we might want her to keep human to help with any human captives...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 257