Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 328537 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #1110 on: September 15, 2012, 06:14:37 am »

See if we can pour petrol down into the basement and let them burn.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 15, 2012, 07:21:40 am »

See if we can pour petrol down into the basement and let them burn.
We are currently in the house above that basement.
That is an insanely dangerous plan. Just throw them out into the back and light them up. If we do that, the house has a smaller chance of being burned to the ground.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 15, 2012, 09:56:11 am »

Burn them, definitely.  If we try to get more out of Sasha right now by threatening not to then she'll just make up something up out of desperation.  By burning them, taking on some risk for no reward, she'll see us as human despite everything.  If she believes we'll fight atrocities like this then she'll help us, the very existence of these mannequins is making her question her loyalty to that group.

Also by extending her some trust like this, she'll be more likely to trust back.  And maybe not completely crack from the pressure - she seems close to losing her mind completely, helping us put those souls to rest will give her the hope she needs to stay sane.

Edit: On the topic poll - nice choices.  The idea of true names giving power has always been a neat fantasy trope, but there's some truth to it isn't there?  Knowing someone's true nature gives you power over them.  I think we're learning Sasha's "true name".
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:03:34 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 15, 2012, 04:34:09 pm »

The first one is too much "might makes right"/Nietzsche wannabe for my taste... The last one sounds good.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 02:22:08 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 15, 2012, 05:40:04 pm »

The first one is too much "might makes right"/Niettsche wannabe for my taste... The last one sounds good.
How is obeying a measure of might? Someone can be outclassed in every way and still refuse to cooperate.
And for that matter, how does being a slave make you wrong?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 15, 2012, 06:16:34 pm »

Honestly the answer is "all of the above"  ;)

Some people just like to obey, that's how they are and how they're most comfortable.
Some people are enslaved by laws and/or unofficial social pressure.
Some people have to work to survive, and they often don't have much choice of work.
Some people are blackmailed, or even manipulated without their knowledge by someone who has them figured out.

The first one's a reference to Bioshock, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ayn Rand came up with it first.  I wouldn't know, though.

Anyway, I think Sasha is of the last sort.  We know enough to get her on our side.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 15, 2012, 11:20:30 pm »

Bah, all of this 'lets make friends with her' is kinda making it boring for me.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 16, 2012, 10:51:47 am »

You decide to set some shit on fire! Always a good way to start a dance party.
You look around the various pockets of your horde and manage to find another lighter after extensive searching.
Then, you take a deep breath and go downstairs. Yep, the mannequin has definitely moved. It seems to be walking towards the exit.
It's not currently moving,though.

You order the rest of the horde to come down and take these things out in the yard.
While the horde does just that, you and Diane collect some rocks and put them in a circle, in an attempt to prevent everything burning down.
After the horde is finished taking all the pieces and the complete mannequin in a large pile, you walk over to them and Set one the mannequins hair on fire.
They burn quickly, you step back, satisfied, then suddenly get hit by crippling pain. You hear nothing but screams in the agony and the world suddenly goes black...

You wake up on an operating table with a large man with an operating coat towers above you. There is also a large, glowing drill above you.
Stop fidgeting, You'll mess up your... Promotion.
Please! Don't do this! I'll pay you everything i have just please don't do this! You hear yourself speak.
It's too late for that. ACTIVATE THE PROJECT! The drill starts turning, creating a grinding noise. You look away in fear as the grinding gets louder and closer. You feel it penetrating your chest, leaving you in agonizing pain.
Then you wake up.

BOSS! BOSS! Pleasedon'tdiePleasedon'tdiePleasedon'tdie! Diane is shaking you.
Diane! I'm fine! Stop shaking! Diane stops, looks at you for a second, then embraces you
You return the hug, when suddenly Sasha starts talking.
...Похоже, он все еще имеет некоторые человечеству в его. It was a good thing you did. They needed release.
You push away Diane and take a look around. Looks like you are on the kitchen table.
She carried you in here after you collapsed. It's good to see that she, at least, has her humanity.

What do we do now?

Stats:
Health:Unhurt.(Extreme headache)
Energy:Fine.
Infectivity 30%
Hunger: Fed.
Durability level 2
Inventory:5 Biobombs. 28 worms. one 357. magnum, 48 357. bullets,
Gun experience: Can hit stuff.
Safe-house security:None.

Horde:30? normals,10 anklebiters,10 actors,Snowflake, One Banshee, one Giggleman.
Good friends: Diane
Allies: Bennie (Taking time-out)
Broken hostages:Sasha Kriloff.

fun fact: the question was not meant to be associated with the story. It was just a question for the lols because i couldn't remove the poll. I'm going to try and put some fitting questions here, but don't expect much. I'm a pessimist when it comes to human behavior.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:44:19 am by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 16, 2012, 04:48:08 pm »

Sasha still seems to be upset with us. I get why obviously, what with the soul-ripping and all.
Thank Diane for helping you anyway, and then Sasha for the advice. In that order.

Then go through the house for some food or something. We might not be personally hungry but the zombies might appreciate something after all of that hauling.
And tell Bennie that the mannequins are gone. I expect it would make him feel better.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 16, 2012, 07:35:11 pm »

Do you think that the deluge of souls we just released would have a negative effect on Bennie? He is as ghost, and so is probably more susceptible to things of a spiritual nature. I advise caution when we approach the van. Then again, since he can communicate with them, he might have learned something that we can use.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 17, 2012, 08:55:23 am »

I think Benny might be a liability if we have to deal with more of these things. We need to find a quick and easy way of neutralising them. Preferably without fire.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 18, 2012, 07:15:01 am »

Now can we make Sasha a perminate part of our group? She proved to be a good nutral force. she shall protect humanity from our darker side.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 18, 2012, 02:50:17 pm »

Thanks for pulling me out of there, Diane. I appreciate it. Diane smiles warmly.
And you, Sasha She instantly cowers in fear at the sound of her name.Thank you for the information.
She looks insulted for a moment, then sighs and gets herself in a more comfortable position. Now, while you are in the kitchen you decide to look in the fridge for some edible things for the horde.
Upon opening you see a huge amount of food. The people here look like like they'd be prepared against a nuclear war. Minus a safe bunker.

You and Diane gather the food, go over to the living room and proceed to throw it dramatically towards the horde. Unnecessary, but definitely fun.
Most of the horde gets their fair share except for Snowflake and the Banshee, who were giving their food to the smaller ones who couldn't get food as effectively.
Now, you remember Bennie. You go outside, and hear the music is still playing. It's a different song now, but it's still fifties music.
Hey, Ben-boy? Those things are dead. You can come back into the house now. Benny goes out of the van, looking relieved.
Thanks. Say, What's your name? You never told me.
Okay, what Title will we give to our-self, or will we just be honest and tell him we don't know.

Stats:
Health:Unhurt.(headache)
Energy:Fine.
Infectivity 30%
Hunger: Fed.
Durability level 2
Inventory:5 Biobombs. 28 worms. one 357. magnum, 48 357. bullets,
Gun experience: Can hit stuff.
Safe-house security:None.

Horde:30? normals,10 anklebiters,10 actors,Snowflake, One Banshee, one Giggleman.
Good friends: Diane
Friend:Bennie
Broken hostages:Sasha Kriloff.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 18, 2012, 08:16:56 pm »

Why not do both? And we should plan our next move. Tell sasha that we don't want to kill all humanity, or get revenge. We just want to do what every human wants to do. Survive and thrive. And that means ruling. We cantdo that without unity and subject. And we want humans as one of those subjects. So we want her to keep SOME of humanity safe.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 19, 2012, 06:52:12 am »

I agree with Zomara, and besides why would we want to wipe out humanity any way?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 257