Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 320668 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #3645 on: January 21, 2014, 11:56:56 am »

I think we should explain ourselves to. Really short and really blunt, but still do it. and then prompt her to do the same.
+1, Sounds fair enough.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: January 23, 2014, 10:10:52 am »

Alright then, just so we're on the same page? I'm the first infectee, and also the one in command. Most of the non-drolling population here has been saved from the company that made the parasite causing me. They did some nasty shit.
Carly looks at Iris uncomfortably, and agrees on that.
Would you like some food?
What?
Food. Would you like some?
I-I guess, but... Could she please get off me? She is scaring me.
What?! But I didn't do anything!
She didn't choose to look like that. And trust me, she's a lot nicer and safer then everybody else on this ship. Let her have her fun, she needs some friends.
This is surreal... The thing I've been hiding from turns out to be a wellspoken guy wearing a tricorne while I'm dealing with some sort of... mutant?
It's not a mutant if it's designed to be like that.
Pardon?
I got everything they needed. effective combat form, quick learner, possible repetition... I even learned how to talk good just by talking with Zero!
A-alright. Can I just, have some thinking time about this. You're kind of throwing some implications around that my newspaper could play with for weeks!
You're a journalist?
Yeah, They put me on this ship for... It doesn't really matter, does it? But, mister... Zero? Was it? the only reason I'm not panicking right now is because I keep myself talking, the second this conversation ens I'm probably going to need to lie down for a while andyoukindofmakemeuncomfortablebecauseIsawyoukillingpeople. She catches her breath after this ramble, and just about flops down on the bed after that. You decide to go to hungrier pastures while Iris attempts to talk to Carly.

The bridge crew accepted the food in silence, being a little suspicious of the fact that you came to deliver it personally this time. You gathered up a good meal for Iris alongside Carly's package, as she's going to be guarding her.
Opening up the door leads to a surprise, as Carly is tickling Iris. The laughter's a nice change of pace, but you give a cough to end it either way. The realisation that you're here leads to a very awkward staring contest.
Eventually, they both sit down on the bed in the most straightbacked way they can muster.
I brought the food. It's salmon, alongside lemon and potatoes. Iris, I got you ham and boiled eggs. It's for tonight, as I want you to take care of her and make sure she doesn't run away.
She won't do that. She's really nice! She stopped being scared when I told her about me.
Iris needs some affection, most of all. From what I hear, you've mostly been trying to do just that but you had a little incident earlier an-
I'm going, already. I'll send Diane up next time, I seem to a causing nervosity problems.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: January 23, 2014, 10:15:12 am »

YAY FRIENDSHIP.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: January 23, 2014, 10:35:22 am »

That was pretty adorable.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: January 24, 2014, 12:27:57 pm »

Another victory for the tricorne hat.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: January 24, 2014, 11:13:49 pm »

Carly is so gonna take Iris hostage to get off this ship.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: January 24, 2014, 11:37:21 pm »

Carly is so gonna take Iris hostage to get off this ship.
You forget Iris>Carly when talking about combat prowess.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: January 24, 2014, 11:39:53 pm »

I didn't - it's gonna be hilarious when it happens, a journalist getting owned by someone she thought was the only sane thing on this ship. Besides, I bet she carries a gun in her purse or her coat, she's a journalist and a citizen of-... america....

fucking disregard texas get this ship on a direct course to the keys and find a transatlantic there
bristol we're coming in hot

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: January 24, 2014, 11:49:13 pm »

Revenge before Brits!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: January 25, 2014, 03:46:02 am »

I understand wanting to go somewhere with strict gun laws, but we're *way* too similar to the Patriarch of Killing Floor.  I say we and our quirky horde give Britain a wide berth.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: January 25, 2014, 04:08:39 am »

Why don't we go to Mexico? They have plenty of guns, almost no border security, and nobody would notice if we killed a few thousand people per day.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: January 25, 2014, 11:16:21 am »

Well we have goal for now, should stick to it, and the more time we waste is more time the enemy have to eliminate the ones left behind, continue their experiments, and prepare precautions against us and our forces. Then again a detour could let us build a stronghold elsewhere, and build an army to fight with, still for sticking to the goal.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: January 25, 2014, 07:57:17 pm »

Well we have goal for now, should stick to it, and the more time we waste is more time the enemy have to eliminate the ones left behind, continue their experiments, and prepare precautions against us and our forces. Then again a detour could let us build a stronghold elsewhere, and build an army to fight with, still for sticking to the goal.
Oh yes, the inevitable trap of "But it's to help with the objective". I could go on all day about how practising macramé would help us in the long run, but it's so far removed that it's not worth it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: January 26, 2014, 09:17:58 am »

Oh yes, the inevitable trap of "But it's to help with the objective". I could go on all day about how practising macramé would help us in the long run, but it's so far removed that it's not worth it.
Quite so, so stick to the objective, but its not like Texas is that far from Mexico, so not really that large a detour and unlike learning the macramé is worth it in the relative short term, if it lets us build a better force to invade with, we can take over cities in matters of days.

Of course SH would probably find us or us them, no way we would go unnoticed for long, and they have better resources and equipment, having a few hundred/thousand zombies extra would not be enough to counter giving them time to evacuate or prepare for invasion.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: January 29, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »

I can see Texas!
The final stretch of the journey was extremely calm. Carly and Iris stayed with eachother for the entire journey, but it seems to be in good fun. TW spent her time reading, and you just kind of went to place to place with Diane. Really romantic, I assure you.
Kinda.
The bridge looks relieved at the chance of getting rescued, but you stay nearby to answer the radio.

Golden Fleece, your arrival is not scheduled. State your business.
Look, we just need to get some people off, they caught something.
Dangerous?
Most certainly. Causes some minor insanity, but some of them pull through. Still, we need to stop the cruise either way.
Acknowledged. You have permission to dock. the hospital has been alerted.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:Replaced the stats to a much easier to read type. With thanks to GUNINANRUNIN for sending me this.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:40:07 pm by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 257