Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 328835 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #3300 on: October 20, 2013, 08:13:06 pm »

Use zombie whales for sea transportation. Then, since they can't air drown and have good armor, put wheels on them and use them as APCs.
AAAAAAAAND SIGGED
Oh, yay, another sigging! I must be getting good at this...

Just you wait. The moment Toady implements multi-tile creatures, advanced mechanisms and mobile fortresses, I'll be constructing the ZomboWhale Amphibious APCs for my dwarfs to ride in. Sure, I'll probably be 50 by then, but as long as no unfortunate accident befalls me, I WILL do it!

Anyway, a romantic cruise, just Zombie Hitler, our undead psychopathic love interest, our elven witch, our child-dog and a horde of zombies sailing merilly into the sunset, the sound of screams mixing with the sound of waves, the red of the horizon mixing with the blood in the water, seagulls and sharks joining in the feast... It does paint a beautiful picture... Might even get the chance to wear a captains hat or do some sea/tourism jokes, like "This is nothing like the brochure!" or "Oh, how I enjoy the taste of salty seamen in my mouth!".

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: October 21, 2013, 07:52:34 am »

Use zombie whales for sea transportation. Then, since they can't air drown and have good armor, put wheels on them and use them as APCs.

Tiny flaw I would have to point out with this; unless Kitten Snot chose to go with Rule of Cool, a zombie whale would collapse under it's own weight due to the Square/Cube Law. Still, zombie whale APCs WOULD be pretty awesome....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3302 on: October 21, 2013, 09:13:35 am »

Yeah, but zombies are tougher and stronger, not to mention that they gain strange mutations (remember the zombie wolves or the banshee?) so before answering the question "Can a zombie whale survive on land?" we must first run some test to answer the question "How does zombification changes a whale's biology?" and  "Are whales magical?/Do whales receive any magical effects from zombification?".

Inb4 we start hunting whales for their magic like in Dishonoured...
EDIT: Then again, we're already hunting elves for their magic...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:19:09 am by Parisbre56 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: October 21, 2013, 09:14:35 am »

What about lieplurodons? Are they magic?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: October 21, 2013, 10:17:35 am »

I just want sky leopards. Sky leopards would make a wonderful addition to the horde.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: October 21, 2013, 11:53:35 am »

Tiny flaw I would have to point out with this; unless Kitten Snot chose to go with Rule of Cool, a zombie whale would collapse under it's own weight due to the Square/Cube Law. Still, zombie whale APCs WOULD be pretty awesome....
But what if it had something pulling it up like a gas that is less dense than our atmosphere or something?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: October 21, 2013, 12:20:33 pm »

But what if it had something pulling it up like a gas that is less dense than our atmosphere or something?

They're *zombies*, they could contain nothing at all.  Void.
Would make them float and have a reverse-breath attack...  Though if someone casts "summon physics" they'd implode.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: October 23, 2013, 02:49:03 pm »

Looting the town went quick, but you don't quite care for the meat from the butcher. You just can't swallow the damned stuff, and you are getting really fucking tired of Iris' constant yakking.
You'll just get going towards a harbor that'll get you to Texas. That's just about the last thing you'll remember for a while.
PERSPECTIVE SHIFT FUCK YEAH!

I still say we should just kill them.
You've said that enough times now.
Clearly not enough, as I still see a lack of meat on the blade.
[glow=pink2,300]Please stop talking for a few seconds, I-[/glow]
A loud scream interrupts the train of thought. The fact that it sounds like TW makes you sprint at just about the highest speed you've ever ran. You turn a corner and see Zero and TW locked in...
Oh shit.
You fly forwards and knock Zero down on the floor before he can bite TW. He doesn't even fully register it and snarls at you before charging you with the grace of an elderly rhino. Sadly, his strength combined with your bad leg still knocks you to the ground.
He stands over you, and starts beating you like a wild animal. You cover up your face and attempt to kick him away, but he won't budge. You start yelling for help...

Then it stops. You look back at the rampaging alpha and see him shaking and gurgling before he starts bashing his hands against the floor in a mad fury. He seems to for ce himself to his knees before bashing his head against the floor.
you can get the upper hand when he's prone... You pull yourself up to the best of your ability, and put his hands behind his back and keep him down as he starts screaming and struggling again. TW already ran away so how are you going to-CLANK
You look behind you, and see TW has prepared a cage. Dropping it just helps making it more dramatic, you suppose.
That'll work.

So now you have an insane Zero in a metal box made out of airduct.
How about we follow his example and kill him?
Shut up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: October 23, 2013, 02:50:33 pm »

Catch fish and throw them too him.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: October 23, 2013, 03:08:01 pm »

Could let him eat one of our own, assuming he will even eat one in his current state, least to get him by. What do we lose by turning one or two of our normal zombies into food, given our numbers?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: October 23, 2013, 03:43:47 pm »

-1 to canibalism.
+1 to fish.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: October 23, 2013, 04:17:17 pm »

Well zombies are cannibals, the lower ones exist so we can survive, we send them to death, we eat the dead, we eat the living, why not the ones between life and death? They are like cattle. Our survival and thus their's depend on us being able to think clearly, if we need to cannibalize some of the ones that are hardly still working or take a few chunks they won't miss we should to ensure the survivable of the whole.
But sure +1 to fishing, might as well try other options before we consider engaging in cannibalism.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: October 23, 2013, 04:19:47 pm »

Well, we also want to keep our horde sane and semi-intact.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: October 23, 2013, 04:34:05 pm »

Well, we also want to keep our horde sane and semi-intact.
Hardly insane to keep the leader alive at the cost of the few, we would sacrifice at least 50 good zombies just to save Diane, TW, or SnowFlake, why? Because they are inherently more valuable than the rest. Its the same as that, we are saving TW from the risks of being munched on and protecting our assets.
Plus we have more than we can transport, we only need to give up one or two intact ones based on how much we needed last time we didn't eat.
Edit: Only arguing this further because your counter was, well, weak.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:37:14 pm by Cain12 »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 257