Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 327573 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #2791 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:46 pm »

Perhaps that wasn't the best way to take a vote.
Okay, those who agree with part one say Aye, and those in faor of part two say "Yes".
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: July 17, 2013, 09:02:27 pm »

Yes. I would say aye but tossing a fat guy out of the window is amazing stress relief.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: July 18, 2013, 12:17:30 am »

Yes.  I'm still against the soul-ripping, it's pointless and just plain evil.  Remember what Diane said?  While we're causing a lot of pain and anguish *now*, the world will be a better place in the end... unless we become like these sick "scientists", addicted to causing pain.  We should interrogate them, and it should be painful, and Diane can torture them if it makes her more loyal.  But in the end we have to be better than they are, and using the banshee would make us just as bad.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: July 18, 2013, 12:47:05 am »

You're right... stripping souls would be pointless.  It doesn't even serve as a very good example, it's not visceral enough.  Horrible without being showy.  I retract my support of it.

We need to think of a good punishment that hurts more than it needs to, but isn't so vile as a lifetime of torture.  Make examples, but don't make ourselves into the worse monster.

What if we gathered up all of their victims into a room, put the perpetrators in there with one broken leg apiece and let them dance for 10-15 minutes, then use our brutes to collapse the room on them, putting an end to the suffering of both scientists and science projects?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: July 18, 2013, 05:51:34 am »

Wait, am I too late?

We could explain to them the concept of soul-ripping before we start,  if it isn't showy enough by itself.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: July 18, 2013, 09:02:44 am »

May I ask what that is?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: July 18, 2013, 09:03:24 am »

The manifestation of your nightmares.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: July 18, 2013, 09:13:11 am »

Not really.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: July 18, 2013, 11:37:07 am »

We could explain to them the concept of soul-ripping before we start,  if it isn't showy enough by itself.

Still no good for propaganda videos.  If anything, it makes us look like a supervillain taking time out for some compulsory gloating.  Doesn't really fit the idea of rightly punishing the real monsters.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: July 18, 2013, 12:06:24 pm »

Yes.
Once we've done, lead him into the experiment room and ask him to account for what he's done. No excuse will be good enough.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: July 18, 2013, 12:24:25 pm »

It's an aye-aye. Get it? Aye-aye? Alright, moving on...
And I believe that right now we could care less about propaganda and are merely occupied with making their last minutes hell on earth...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: July 18, 2013, 12:44:56 pm »

The individuals -- while appalling -- are only branches of the problem.  The root of the problem is the company that made them, and us.  We're just going to keep finding this and worse shit if we don't rip that sucker up by the roots and burn it to ash.  If we can't get public support to help us, we can at least try to convince them that they don't want to sign up to help our enemies.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: July 18, 2013, 12:56:31 pm »

We just destroyed two cities. I don't think we're going to get a whole lot of sympathy from the masses.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 257